U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 09:10 AM

22,567 posts, read 11,624,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The irony of this is beyond belief.

It's you who believe a crank at Bloomberg without thought or question.

It speaks for itself.
So what has Trump done that you oppose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 09:24 AM

13,740 posts, read 5,542,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Taxes on consumers harm the poor and middle class the most.

I thought Republicans opposed massive deficits and interventions in the market. I guess thatís only when a Democrat is in charge.

Of course these tariffs not only harm consumers they also harm investors. Including myself. Milton Friedmanís 1973 article in Newsweek opposing tariffs on the Japanese applies to tariffs on China today. I suggest true conservatives read it.
I will gladly live under Chinese rule in exchange for a 5% uptick in my 401k.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:32 AM

22,567 posts, read 11,624,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I will gladly live under Chinese rule in exchange for a 5% uptick in my 401k.
False dichotomy. Not a good debate tactic but then tariffs canít be defended rationally.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:34 AM

63,162 posts, read 34,407,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
^^^^^ Laughable ^^^^^

The economy and markets are strong !!! Trump's approval of the economy is over 50 % !!!
Zero gains in last 17 months in the market and you keep calling it strong. The market is doing bad, - very bad.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:36 AM

15,025 posts, read 13,363,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Itís a fascinating study in psychology that people still believe in Donald Trump. It really does show how easy it is to mislead human beings.
I figure most of them are young people who don't have enough experience yet on how much elected politicians love to lie, exaggerate, swindle and make promises they don't keep.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:36 AM

63,162 posts, read 34,407,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I thought the left opposed corporate tax cuts? And in fact suddenly discovered the deficit and supported tax increases to generate revenue? So what's the story? Do Dems suddenly support the Republican tax cuts of 2018? If so-will a few of their mindless suits vote for a bill to make those cuts permanent?
You'll have to take that up with the left and/or Dems. I only speak for myself. Peronally I was punished bug time with the changes in the tax law in 2018, and now I am published again by the tax hikes on imports.

Having said that, if you are republican, how can you support such massive tax hikes and government regulation, which your party supposedly opposed?

Old 06-07-2019, 09:37 AM

15,025 posts, read 13,363,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Trump supporters will be the first to question and resist things they don't already believe in. If anyone follows their leaders blindly it is dems.

I just watched a video clip from a speech that said that at the time of the civil war - no Republican owned slaves. There were 4 million slaves in America at that time and they were ALL owned by democrats. Why on earth would anyone want to be a democrat based on that history?
Times change. You wouldn't have your Social Security and Medicare if Republicans had their way.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:20 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,230,961 times
So you admit that you Americans in general got a tax cut?

Old 06-07-2019, 10:46 AM

Location: 6 and 6 [prescott, az and san felipe, baja california
4 posts, read 326 times
The Mexico tariffs won't last a month.

Illegal non-Mexican MIGRATION is WHOLLY SEPARATE FROM Illegal Drug Infiltration.

Mexico's DRUG corruption.., being the DIRECT RESULT of American appetite for drugs is defensible.

On the hand, Mexico SHOULD be held accountable for NON-MEXICAN migration across 2,000 miles of their country.

The BIG question is whether the American public can take a little economic hardship.

If Americans are so spoiled that they can't endure this relatively inconsequential and short-lived riff with Mexico...,
WE MIGHT AS WELL HAND THE KEYS OVER TO CHINA RIGHT NOW.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:50 AM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,366 posts, read 14,074,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Times change. You wouldn't have your Social Security and Medicare if Republicans had their way.
and SS would still have a trust fund, if the dims hadn't stole it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or