U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 04:38 PM

45,263 posts, read 17,960,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Cut $1000, and raise $4000 and people still think they are getting a cut......

Trumpís Tariffs Have Already Wiped Out Tax Bill Savings for Average Americans

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...ans/ar-AACwyvk

President Donald Trumpís trade wars have already wiped out all but $100 of the average American householdís windfall from Trumpís 2017 tax law. And thatís just the beginning.

That last $100 in tax-cut gains could soon completely disappear -- and then some -- because of additional tariffs Trump has announced. If the president makes good on his threats to impose levies on virtually all imports from China and Mexico, those middle-earning households could pay nearly $4,000 more

Subtract the tax cut, and the average household will effectively be paying about $3,000 more in taxes through additional levies on the products they consume.

So none of this happened. Are you coming back to acknowledge that the MSM was making up fake news yet again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 04:58 PM

13,988 posts, read 10,930,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So none of this happened. Are you coming back to acknowledge that the MSM was making up fake news yet again?
Are you claiming no tariffs have happened?

Old 06-09-2019, 05:03 PM

22,541 posts, read 11,603,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Burrus View Post
I'm new to this site.

WMak70's reply demonstrates the impossibility of escaping the hateful disrespect for opposing thought that runs viral on the internet.

For some irrational reason people like WMak70 and odanny confuse INSULTS with ARGUMENTS.
If you were on the left you would have been greeted by insulting right wing nuts. This is not a forum where intelligent debate is found too often.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:12 PM

31,382 posts, read 19,632,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I thought the left opposed corporate tax cuts? And in fact suddenly discovered the deficit and supported tax increases to generate revenue? So what's the story? Do Dems suddenly support the Republican tax cuts of 2018? If so-will a few of their mindless suits vote for a bill to make those cuts permanent?
This thread is about tax cuts for the average American. As far as corporate tax cuts, when did those ever result in either increased wages for employees or a decrease of the corporate product prices?

I'll wait.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:14 PM

22,541 posts, read 11,603,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This thread is about tax cuts for the average American. As far as corporate tax cuts, when did those ever result in either increased wages for employees or a decrease of the corporate product prices?

I'll wait.
Iíve got a 401K. That is how the tax cuts have helped this working stiff. Unfortunately the tariffs neutralized the benefit.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Trump supporters will be the first to question and resist things they don't already believe in. If anyone follows their leaders blindly it is dems.

I just watched a video clip from a speech that said that at the time of the civil war - no Republican owned slaves. There were 4 million slaves in America at that time and they were ALL owned by democrats. Why on earth would anyone want to be a democrat based on that history?
Aw....because not one democrat endorsed slavery in the past century. Now what about those white supremacists?

Old 06-09-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You are in the minority on that !!! An ever shrinking minority !!!
Monthly development of the Dow Jones Industrial Average index from May 2017 to May 2019

Old 06-09-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Markets are doing bad-very bad......it appears you have NEVER seen a bad market. Do you need a refresher from 2008? How about the .com bust? When I look at my investments (which I chose myself) I am up significantly over the last 17 months. If you are not, perhaps your choices should be reviewed!
Yeah the last Republican president really did damage to our economy. Now it is trump's turn. The market has been stagnant for the past 17 months. You may want to check your numbers again.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Something some posters here don't seem to understand is that a large part of the trade war with China is due to Chinese theft of intellectual property from American companies. This cost of this theft is up to $600 billion every year, and they have stolen everything from formulas to make steel alloys from
United States Steel, to the secrets of the white filling in Oreo cookies from Dupont, to the hacking of American defense contractors. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/opinion/china-us-intellectual-property-trump.html

The problem goes back to Bill Clinton's administration, and nobody has done much about it. Now Trump is doing something about it.
How will tariffs stop the theft of intellectual property?

Old 06-10-2019, 06:27 AM

45,263 posts, read 17,960,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Are you claiming no tariffs have happened?
Nope. I'm saying the ones the OP claimed didn't happen. You guys are fodder to the crooked MSM which this topic is based on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or