U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 01:11 PM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times

Advertisements

Back in the day I worked for a business and every year they had this big rowdy parade\festival thing in town.

They worked out a deal with the state troopers so that they used their business parking lot as a mobile headquarters.

Vandalism, assaults on property, attempted robberies....all went to zero.

Thanks officers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 01:15 PM

11,127 posts, read 2,753,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow. That made zero sense for the store manager to do that.

It's hard to find good employees because of the booming economy. A million jobs are unfilled. Why work in retail when you can find a higher paying job?

Old 06-07-2019, 01:19 PM

12,123 posts, read 6,697,643 times
The thing is jewelry store robberies are often very organized and committed by armed, dangerous pros. Cops really put their lives on the line responding to these calls. So it is particularly ironic and wrong for a jewelry store to treat a customer who is police officer so disrespectfully.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:24 PM

3,667 posts, read 2,334,534 times
I would be very curious if there was a written policy that the manager was diligently following. I have seen way too many times over the last 30 years where someone was fired for making a bad choice that defied common sense, got bad media PR and was still a situation of correctly following policy. Remember most policies are not created via common sense but via what the companies insurance carrier or lawyers want.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:50 PM

210 posts, read 34,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle2O19 View Post
So now professional robbers can introduce their guns by one of them faking being a sherif.

Mr ex- manager, take your previous employer to court. You have a good case. Your employee is just kissing law enforcement butts by boosting their egos. They think they are Gods who don’t have to obay any rules
What a stupid post, he has no case. The deputy was trying to patronize the business, not disobey any rule. You obviously have no respect for those that protect you and your rights.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:14 PM

3,348 posts, read 586,709 times
I would have thanked the officer for wearing a service-style revolver as opposed to the assault-style semi-automatics that most officers pack nowadays, such as the Glock, Beretta, etc. The service-style revolver is a kinder, gentler weapon.

There's a bank nearby me that I walk past all the time where the security guards carry service-style revolvers rather than semi-automatics. I thank them every time I pass by.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:19 PM

787 posts, read 286,933 times
I want to see a picture of the manager. I need to see what this monumentally ignorant moron looks like.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:22 PM

1,843 posts, read 1,099,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I would have thanked the officer for wearing a service-style revolver as opposed to the assault-style semi-automatics that most officers pack nowadays, such as the Glock, Beretta, etc. The service-style revolver is a kinder, gentler weapon.

There's a bank nearby me that I walk past all the time where the security guards carry service-style revolvers rather than semi-automatics. I thank them every time I pass by.

...really?...you'd of thanked him for wearing a 'less scary' weapon...?...any of those you mentioned, including the revolver, would put a sizable hole in ones skull....but i guess, if it's less scary.............

Old 06-07-2019, 02:23 PM

787 posts, read 286,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post

Stupidest thing i've ever read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or