U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2019, 03:21 PM
 
2,998 posts, read 1,221,047 times
Reputation: 1948

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
What a difference three years makes.



Trump, 2016: "Hillary! Lock. Her. Up!"
Fox News repeats it, cheers.

Pelosi, 2019: "Don't impeach, lock him up."
Fox News: Oh, the outrage!
Hypocrisy in politics??
I am shocked shocked!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2019, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Self explanatory
11,676 posts, read 4,941,275 times
Reputation: 15693
Just another right wing nutter who can dish it out, but can't take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Florida
22,389 posts, read 9,507,963 times
Reputation: 18255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hold it one second. Hillary actually committed crimes that she was allowed to walk away from and before you say that she didn't I would remind you that if we were to do half of what she did we would be before a judge and heading to prison.

What Pelosi is suggesting is to lock Trump up because politically they don't like him. The Left keeps making up all these charges against Trump but where is the evidence? Where is the crime?

The outrage should be over the double standard that is on display here and as Hannity pointed out no one should be above the law and if they are it is like we are living in a banana republic.
What crimes? Emails? How is that different than what Ivanka, Jared and Trump have done? They use private email servers for government business, WhatsApp to chat with dictators and world leaders, and classified info is freely discussed at the 5-star resort that Trump commutes to every weekend, as well as letting strange people from foreign governments roam around said resort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Florida
22,389 posts, read 9,507,963 times
Reputation: 18255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Hypocrisy in politics?? I am shocked shocked!!!
Like Alex Jones, when confronted, outraged Hannity has no real answer for his lunacy--he's a performance artist, not a pundit or any type of news person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Texas
35,306 posts, read 19,335,180 times
Reputation: 20924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
What a difference three years makes.



Trump, 2016: "Hillary! Lock. Her. Up!"
Fox News repeats it, cheers.

Pelosi, 2019: "Don't impeach, lock him up."
Fox News: Oh, the outrage!
Hannity...

What a slimy little weasel.

But beloved by Trumplings.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Lone Mountain Las Vegas NV
12,943 posts, read 4,895,153 times
Reputation: 5731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post


You and many of her supporters should know by now. If for no other reason than the right has been talking and writing about it for many years;


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xNLLcS2Yx8

If she is charged, she will likely be found guilty, unless she can plausibly deny she and others under her control did not violate multiple laws.


`
Nope - Not a chance.

They will not indict her and would lose if they did.

Your YouTube guy obviously lacks the skill to read the statute he quotes. The first clause gives Clinton all she needs to prove she did not violate the statute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 03:48 PM
 
9,515 posts, read 2,342,337 times
Reputation: 4714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
What a difference three years makes.



Trump, 2016: "Hillary! Lock. Her. Up!"
Fox News repeats it, cheers.

Pelosi, 2019: "Don't impeach, lock him up."
Fox News: Oh, the outrage!
Thanks for bringing this up. The hypocrisy is astounding.

And to those who would make the bogus claim that Mrs. Clinton committed crimes, I will say this:
The Republican congress tried, and tried, and tried to find something ... anything to blame her for, and they came up with nothing.

All they had was conspiracy theories made up and floating around the blogosphere, no basis in reality but politically powerful gin for the masses.

Then they pushed the AG to go after her, and he looked into it. Nothing. Jeff Sessions was a Trump man 100% (some would say more Trump than Trump on policy, and he predated Trump in those positions) but he had too much integrity to make up things and debase his office, which he treated with an almost sacred respect.

"Mr Sessions was pressed by Republican congressman Jim Jordan from Ohio, who demanded to know “what it would take to get a special counsel”.

“It would take a factual basis that meets the standards of the appointment of a special counsel,” Mr Sessions replied. ... “That’s the only thing I can tell you, Mr Jordan. You can have your idea, but sometimes we have to study what the facts are and to evaluate whether it meets the standard that requires a special counsel.”
The Independent | UK


Sometimes ... we have to study the facts ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 03:51 PM
 
9,515 posts, read 2,342,337 times
Reputation: 4714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hannity...

What a slimy little weasel.

But beloved by Trumplings.

Awesome ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Federal Way, WA
670 posts, read 199,131 times
Reputation: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Thanks for bringing this up. The hypocrisy is astounding.

And to those who would make the bogus claim that Mrs. Clinton committed crimes, I will say this:
The Republican congress tried, and tried, and tried to find something ... anything to blame her for, and they came up with nothing.

All they had was conspiracy theories made up and floating around the blogosphere, no basis in reality but politically powerful gin for the masses.

Then they pushed the AG to go after her, and he looked into it. Nothing. Jeff Sessions was a Trump man 100% (some would say more Trump than Trump on policy, and he predated Trump in those positions) but he had too much integrity to make up things and debase his office, which he treated with an almost sacred respect.

"Mr Sessions was pressed by Republican congressman Jim Jordan from Ohio, who demanded to know “what it would take to get a special counsel”.

“It would take a factual basis that meets the standards of the appointment of a special counsel,” Mr Sessions replied. ... “That’s the only thing I can tell you, Mr Jordan. You can have your idea, but sometimes we have to study what the facts are and to evaluate whether it meets the standard that requires a special counsel.”
The Independent | UK

Great post.

Right wing conspiracy nuts keep claiming that Hillary was protected by Obama. But Trump and his AG could have gone after her if there was anything to go after, and they punted because they knew it was BS. Even Trump with all of his "lock her up" chants did not push Sessions to investigate because he knew the chants were just part of his con man routine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 04:06 PM
 
Location: New Market, MD
2,098 posts, read 2,624,993 times
Reputation: 2623
Trumplets pretend like obama is still president when it comes to Hillary's so-called federal 'crimes'! All other times they remind everyone "Hillary lost"!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top