U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-07-2019, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Lone Mountain Las Vegas NV
12,758 posts, read 4,830,944 times
Reputation: 5670

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Novel idea, unfortunately it is a matter of timing and content. The declassification must occur before can be distributed through unclassified means that may result in exposure and at least some of the info was not State department so she is not the classifying authority for that information.
The problem with that is that there is no declassification done. Any information that got into the State Dept documents was processed and censored by a brain. And there was some game playing - that is inferring but writing around classified information. That of course makes all this stuff State Dept information and subject to Clinton's view. The real issue under all this is the long running disagreement between the spooks and the State Dept over what gets classified. The spooks believe certain subjects simply cannot be discussed except under classified protocols. State does not agree. Almost in the nature of the two jobs that it remains a source of disagreement.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2019, 05:30 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
29,986 posts, read 16,580,107 times
Reputation: 22553
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
To my knowledge, Trump doesn't have an illegal server in his basement helping him avoid accountability for selling access.
LOL. His handlers have been selling access since Day 1. Just ask Manafort and his personal attorney, Cohen. They didn't care enough to try to hide it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
It's no "so-called" and there's nothing "so-called" about it. Funny how Democrats like to believe that their party is perfect and that their people can do no wrong at all. And nothing can be further from the truth. The fact is, Hillary and Obama both committed crimes, as did a lot of other members of the latter's pathetic administration. They both need to be brought to justice and rightfully punished. That is what needs to happen.
Funny how Republican led the 'LOCK HER UP CHANT' and now are crying crocodile tears because it's turned right back around on them.





I mean, come on. Look up irony in the dictionary.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Lone Mountain Las Vegas NV
12,758 posts, read 4,830,944 times
Reputation: 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Trump as President is the ultimate arbiter of what is and is not classified.
And his reports are the next arbiters in their own organizations.



Quote:
Firstly there is significant difference between private email account and private email server. This practice needs to end however there is currently no law preventing him from doing that. What the law stipulates is he must provide copies of those emails for archiving and he may not use it for classified email.

Actually the Federal employee is supposed to sort out the emails which are significant and provide copies of those. The employee can decide a particular message is not important and discard it.

Quote:
I want Hillary in jail because if any of us did what she did we'd be in jail.
Oh? When is it you became Secretary of State? And very few of us have been SofS or similar.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Lone Mountain Las Vegas NV
12,758 posts, read 4,830,944 times
Reputation: 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Its controlled by a private non government server so no, it isnt.
No it is end to end encrypted and WhatsApp has no way to break it. The only hooker with that App is the same as every other such scheme. You simply cannot proof any internet connected device. There is always some way to pfish in a screen reader and key grabber. An isolated stand alone device say of the class of a raspberry pi could be programmed for such an application. Use simple random number tables shared with only the recipient and you are in business. Note the device needs to be hard programmed or encrypted itself.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 05:49 PM
Status: "I'm an Unmherkun puppy-kicking Socialist" (set 16 days ago)
 
Location: Dallas, TX
4,032 posts, read 2,115,440 times
Reputation: 3778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hold it one second. Hillary actually committed crimes that she was allowed to walk away from and before you say that she didn't I would remind you that if we were to do half of what she did we would be before a judge and heading to prison.



What Pelosi is suggesting is to lock Trump up because politically they don't like him. The Left keeps making up all these charges against Trump but where is the evidence? Where is the crime?



The outrage should be over the double standard that is on display here and as Hannity pointed out no one should be above the law and if they are it is like we are living in a banana republic.
Hillary actually committed crimes? Where's the evidence? If it's based just on innuendo and right-wing fake news, then she shouldn't even be arrested in the first place.

Trump was the one saying she committed crimes - his fan base even made up the "Lock Her Up!" chant about it. It's also because they see the politics and values the Clintons represent (social tolerance toward historic out-groups mostly, but also to a degree opposition to big business and promoting more regulations and higher taxes on them because it's supposedly a threat to the capitalist system). as either threatening to the US in general or that it goes against their own values and attitudes whose time has passed - if they truly had an actual time to exist at all.

Again, the Right keeps making up all these charges against Clinton but where is the evidence? Where is the crime?

If there's a double standard here, it's Hannity and his ilk. Trump comes closer to being a banana republic president than anything Clinton and Obama did, or even Bush or Reagan did.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 07:11 AM
 
1,483 posts, read 413,312 times
Reputation: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Exactly!

Hilary did in fact violate federal law, on multiple counts, as it applies to her gross mishandling of classified material, that much is not even up for argument. The only reason she was not prosecuted, was because the politically partisan Obama DOJ simply decided not to, because they wanted her to be elected president. The people investigating Hilary's crimes wanted her "to be elected president, one hundred million to zero."

Trump has not violated any federal law.
I suppose sharing classified information with the Russians isn’t mishandling classified information?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 07:39 AM
 
Location: NE Mississippi
13,632 posts, read 8,554,879 times
Reputation: 19842
Hillary was destroyed by the "Lock her up" crowd. And some of her assistants and supporters went to jail. So it was "mission accomplished". She was destroyed.
Dems hope to pull the same stunt on Trump. The problem is - and it is a big problem - Pelosi's approval numbers are much lower than Trump's. She scores a 37.8% approval rating. So becoming a Pelosi Poodle and learning to beg for impeachment is a problem.
Trump was right. She's awful and everyone knows it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 10:00 AM
 
4,799 posts, read 1,207,587 times
Reputation: 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What crimes?
Wow. Seriously?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,658 posts, read 6,266,537 times
Reputation: 11475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
No charges were filed, so there was no crime.



Trump obstructed justice on as many as 10 different occasions, Mueller said so. It is now a matter of public record that Trump did commit a crime. The only reason Mueller did not file charges is due to a DOJ policy of not indicting presidents. Per DOJ, pursuing the matter further is left up to Congress.

So when Pelosi says she'd like to see Trump in jail, there's nothing outrageous about that. She's just doing her job.
So, you say that no charges were filed, which means there was no crime in the case of Hillary Clinton. Then, with a straight face, state that Trump "obstructed justice," despite no charges being filed against him.

As for your point about DOJ policy preventing Mueller from charging a sitting president, I take it that you were ignorant of the joint clarifying statement released by Mueller and Barr's representatives:

Quote:
“The Attorney General has previously stated that the Special Counsel repeatedly affirmed that he was not saying that, but for the [Office of Legal Counsel] opinion, he would have found the President obstructed justice,” said Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec and special counsel spokesman Peter Carr in a statement issued Wednesday evening.

“The Special Counsel’s report and his statement today made clear that the office concluded it would not reach a determination – one way or the other – about whether the President committed a crime. There is no conflict between these statements,” they said
https://thehill.com/policy/national-...n-mueller-barr

Simply put, as Bar has explained numerous times (and what is plain as day to anyone thinking clearly and rationally), the ability to charge someone in no way impacts whether Mueller would be able to reach a legal conclusion as to whether he believe Trump committed obstruction of justice.

Lastly, charges do not have to be filed for there to be a crime. A crime is a crime, regardless of whether charges have been filed. What I think you meant is that someone isn't a convicted criminal unless charges are filed against her that result in an actual, well, conviction. But, in the absence of the above, that hardly means that no crime is present.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Chicago area
14,364 posts, read 7,911,249 times
Reputation: 53461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hillary didn't commit any crimes? I am talking about her emails and loose handing of classified material. Comey spelled it all out on National TV and at the end he said never mind. The difference is with Trump is that instead of them saying "never mind" they are trying to chase it down and lock him up. I still aks for what?



All we can say about Hillary is the Fix was in and with Trump they hate him for being Trump and daring to win the election.


Mueller was hired to investigate Collusion and there was none. As for Obstruction the Dems are asking Trump to give them evidence to hang himself on trumped up charges with and of course he is not going to do that so somehow he is obstructing justice by doing so? The Dems are really reaching and stretching on these so called charges.



Hillary did far worse and she was given a pass. Why?



With Trump the charges are speculation and he might be the only citizen ever to be assumed and found guilty before there was any evidence of a crime or even an actual crime committed.



If Pelosi wants to lead the chant of "lock him up" that is fine but it is rather hollow compared to what Hillary deserves.

Do you ever look at reality? Trump foundation closed for fraud. Clinton foundation still standing. Clinton investigated by Republican's and three years into the Trump presidency and no charges. Three years into the Trump presidency and nearly all of his inner circle is in jail, going to jail, or charged. What do you think that means? Have you read the Mueller report? My guess is no. Are you interested in the truth or do you just want to believe what you want to believe? My observation of right wing media is that it runs fast forward on stupid. Conspiracy theories abound and factual information is fake news.



"With Trump the charges are speculation and he might be the only citizen ever to be assumed and found guilty before there was any evidence of a crime or even an actual crime committed."
Cohen is in jail for a crime he committed for Trump at Trump's direction. That makes Trump an unindicted co conspirator. Mueller "If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so. Long standing DOJ policy prevents a sitting president from being charged with a federal crime. Therefore, while his office investigated potential offenses by President Trump, charging Trump was not an option we could consider. " "IMPEACHMENT IS THE ONLY MANNER BY WHICH A SITTING PRESIDENT CAN BE PENALIZED FOR WRONG DOING."
You seriously want to talk about Clinton after three years? Read the Mueller report!!!!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top