U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2019, 11:52 AM
 
5,441 posts, read 2,013,160 times
Reputation: 6897

Advertisements

What a difference three years makes.



Trump, 2016: "Hillary! Lock. Her. Up!"
Fox News repeats it, cheers.

Pelosi, 2019: "Don't impeach, lock him up."
Fox News: Oh, the outrage!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2019, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Cape Cod
11,837 posts, read 8,248,706 times
Reputation: 20354
Hold it one second. Hillary actually committed crimes that she was allowed to walk away from and before you say that she didn't I would remind you that if we were to do half of what she did we would be before a judge and heading to prison.



What Pelosi is suggesting is to lock Trump up because politically they don't like him. The Left keeps making up all these charges against Trump but where is the evidence? Where is the crime?



The outrage should be over the double standard that is on display here and as Hannity pointed out no one should be above the law and if they are it is like we are living in a banana republic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 12:01 PM
 
14,188 posts, read 6,428,762 times
Reputation: 14640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hold it one second. Hillary actually committed crimes that she was allowed to walk away from and before you say that she didn't I would remind you that if we were to do half of what she did we would be before a judge and heading to prison.



What Pelosi is suggesting is to lock Trump up because politically they don't like him. The Left keeps making up all these charges against Trump but where is the evidence? Where is the crime?



The outrage should be over the double standard that is on display here and as Hannity pointed out no one should be above the law and if they are it is like we are living in a banana republic.
What crimes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 12:22 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
30,027 posts, read 16,607,518 times
Reputation: 22594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hold it one second. Hillary actually committed crimes that she was allowed to walk away from and before you say that she didn't I would remind you that if we were to do half of what she did we would be before a judge and heading to prison.



What Pelosi is suggesting is to lock Trump up because politically they don't like him. The Left keeps making up all these charges against Trump but where is the evidence? Where is the crime?



The outrage should be over the double standard that is on display here and as Hannity pointed out no one should be above the law and if they are it is like we are living in a banana republic.
It's hard to believe you typed this with a straight face.


What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Hillary committed no crimes; was charged with no crimes. Are we talking about her emails? HA HA HA!


Ya'll so worried about security- meanwhile you've got Pasty Jared who doesn't qualify for asecurity clearance sitting in top level meetings. Same with ivanka. Both of whom have used PRIVATE EMAIL for government business.


The evidence that Trump obstructed Justice is right there in the Mueller report - as evidenced by the document signed by 1000 former federal prosecutors who said they would prosecute Trump for this in a heartbeat.


LOCK HIM UP!


Stop the whining, snowflakes. You started it - now you can live with it.


Oh noes! My political opponents are doing the same thing we did!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 12:25 PM
 
26,668 posts, read 19,053,753 times
Reputation: 14250
i have to agree with the leftists on this one. no one who was on the 'lock her up' bandwagon should pretend to be appalled when nancy says the same thing in regards to trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 01:11 PM
 
5,441 posts, read 2,013,160 times
Reputation: 6897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hold it one second. Hillary actually committed crimes that she was allowed to walk away from
No charges were filed, so there was no crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What Pelosi is suggesting is to lock Trump up because politically they don't like him. The Left keeps making up all these charges against Trump but where is the evidence? Where is the crime?
Trump obstructed justice on as many as 10 different occasions, Mueller said so. It is now a matter of public record that Trump did commit a crime. The only reason Mueller did not file charges is due to a DOJ policy of not indicting presidents. Per DOJ, pursuing the matter further is left up to Congress.

So when Pelosi says she'd like to see Trump in jail, there's nothing outrageous about that. She's just doing her job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Cape Cod
11,837 posts, read 8,248,706 times
Reputation: 20354
Hillary didn't commit any crimes? I am talking about her emails and loose handing of classified material. Comey spelled it all out on National TV and at the end he said never mind. The difference is with Trump is that instead of them saying "never mind" they are trying to chase it down and lock him up. I still aks for what?



All we can say about Hillary is the Fix was in and with Trump they hate him for being Trump and daring to win the election.


Mueller was hired to investigate Collusion and there was none. As for Obstruction the Dems are asking Trump to give them evidence to hang himself on trumped up charges with and of course he is not going to do that so somehow he is obstructing justice by doing so? The Dems are really reaching and stretching on these so called charges.



Hillary did far worse and she was given a pass. Why?



With Trump the charges are speculation and he might be the only citizen ever to be assumed and found guilty before there was any evidence of a crime or even an actual crime committed.



If Pelosi wants to lead the chant of "lock him up" that is fine but it is rather hollow compared to what Hillary deserves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 02:05 PM
 
2,785 posts, read 1,136,726 times
Reputation: 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hillary didn't commit any crimes? I am talking about her emails and loose handing of classified material. Comey spelled it all out on National TV and at the end he said never mind. The difference is with Trump is that instead of them saying "never mind" they are trying to chase it down and lock him up. I still aks for what?



All we can say about Hillary is the Fix was in and with Trump they hate him for being Trump and daring to win the election.


Mueller was hired to investigate Collusion and there was none. As for Obstruction the Dems are asking Trump to give them evidence to hang himself on trumped up charges with and of course he is not going to do that so somehow he is obstructing justice by doing so? The Dems are really reaching and stretching on these so called charges.



Hillary did far worse and she was given a pass. Why?



With Trump the charges are speculation and he might be the only citizen ever to be assumed and found guilty before there was any evidence of a crime or even an actual crime committed.



If Pelosi wants to lead the chant of "lock him up" that is fine but it is rather hollow compared to what Hillary deserves.
Trump has literally tweeted out classified material. Kushner used a private email server for official business. You want Hillary in jail because you hate Hillary, no other reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
35,486 posts, read 10,503,840 times
Reputation: 33608
[quote=Elliott_CA;55369934]What a difference three years makes.



Trump, 2016: "Hillary! Lock. Her. Up!"
Fox News repeats it, cheers.

Pelosi, 2019: "Don't impeach, lock him up."
Fox News: Oh, the outrage![/QUOTE


Except that Comey itemized SHRILLERY'S crimes. Then quickly and curiously added that no one would prosecute her. Well, she should have been.


Whoops!

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebat...lowing-the-law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 02:12 PM
 
1,785 posts, read 453,828 times
Reputation: 1610
Great find OP...the hypocrisy from the Right-wing political sphere is mind numbing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top