Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 07:34 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times

Advertisements

I think most of us would agree that as a general rule, conservatives are comfortable with things as they are, whereas most of the issues favored by the progressive advocacy would require action by the legislative branch and/or the public sector in some form.

So I'd like to ask the guys and gals over on the other side of the divide what's most important to them, and how they would attain those goals.

And also, as with most of us here over on thee right side of the split, are there parts of the broad-spectrum conservative ideology you can live with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 07:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
We want what’s best for the country. Nothing more.

We think our prescription is superior to the folks on the other side. Hell, we KNOW it’s better.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:37 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
I want separation of church and state. I don't want to be forced to follow the rules of a deity I don't believe in. I fully support religious freedom but religious freedom ends when it infringes on my own freedom.

As far as conservative ideology I can live with or even support? Gun rights is probably the most obvious thing.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:59 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
I think most of us would agree that as a general rule, conservatives are comfortable with things as they are, whereas most of the issues favored by the progressive advocacy would require action by the legislative branch and/or the public sector in some form.

So I'd like to ask the guys and gals over on the other side of the divide what's most important to them, and how they would attain those goals.

And also, as with most of us here over on thee right side of the split, are there parts of the broad-spectrum conservative ideology you can live with?
I want single payer healthcare as my top policy priority

Old 06-07-2019, 08:03 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Total, unimpeachable power and control.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:10 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,093,627 times
They only want division where people are afraid to leave their homes, talk with their neighbors, fear to speak up and advocate for peaceful neighborhoods to grow up in because children are inherently racist unless they're impoverished or impoverished and brown. Safe communities are the antithesis to the left who value anarchy and despair just because everyone is more "equal" to the various leftist factions that can't stop pointing the finger to whoever isn't part of the groupthink, the most obvious person who's different from you for the responsibility of your woes. A world where everyone is preyed on by drug dealers offering the cheapest fix to escape the hellish reality the left calls utopian.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:23 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
They only want division where people are afraid to leave their homes, talk with their neighbors, fear to speak up and advocate for peaceful neighborhoods to grow up in because children are inherently racist unless they're impoverished or impoverished and brown. Safe communities are the antithesis to the left who value anarchy and despair just because everyone is more "equal" to the various leftist factions that can't stop pointing the finger to whoever isn't part of the groupthink, the most obvious person who's different from you for the responsibility of your woes. A world where everyone is preyed on by drug dealers offering the cheapest fix to escape the hellish reality the left calls utopian.
Wow, where did you come up with this work of fiction?^

Old 06-07-2019, 08:28 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post

What Do the Folks in Left Field Want the Most?

I think most of us would agree that as a general rule, conservatives are comfortable with things as they are, whereas most of the issues favored by the progressive advocacy would require action ......

I think you just answered your own question with the above statement. You are saying that conservative ideology equals wanting no action (do nothing) and progressive ideology equals wanting action (do something). I agree with your conclusion.

However, it's also been my conclusion after more than 7 decades of observing Americans that the conservatives typically don't want to understand or have civil discourse with progressives, they just want to mock and insult them and keep on building up the barriers. Witness post # 6 above as a prime example of that. So with you being a conservative I must admit I'm puzzled, curious and just a little bit suspicious about what your motive is for asking what the progressives want the most.

If I was a progressive person and was living in America I wouldn't trust a question like that coming from any conservatives unless they had already thoroughly demonstrated that they were willing and REALLY wanting to bury the hatchet, and that it wasn't some kind of trick entrapment question.

But if conservatives eventually decide they sincerely do want civil discourse and to break down the barriers between them and the progressives then they might make a start at demonstrating their sincerity by first of all stopping the insults. And definitely stop referring to progressives as being the folks in left field. The meaning of being in left field is an insult too, it means strange.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:39 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Health care for all. And deport the haters.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:41 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,093,627 times
You people don't even interact with conservatives due to your stupid micro-aggressions so wtf would any of you know about the lack of progressiveness amongst conservatives. Because drag queens can't read to children in the most distasteful appearance imaginable to provide more shock value to your fellow morally bankrupt pissants that vote Democrat? That's so damn offensive right? Oh why can't we dress like monsters, it's not fair!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies