U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 08:09 PM

4,932 posts, read 2,274,474 times

Advertisements

Nationalism is fracturing? Hope it makes a clean break.

I donít know why anybody would be advocating for globalization, given that the utopian idea of America hosting the world was never what was actually intended. Globalization is planned to occur by lowering the first world to meet the third on its way up.

I suppose that theoretically, we would settle somewhere in the second? No thanks; fracture on ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 09:18 PM

6,643 posts, read 1,964,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
In case anyone is still making the claim that "nobody wants open borders", here is a writer for America's leading progressive magazine to tell you otherwise.

I, for one, have repeatedly made the claim, and more precisely what I've said is that NO MAINSTREAM POLITICIAN wants open borders, and that the lie stems from having taken a remark from Hillary out of context.

Obviously, it can't be said that no one on the planet wants open borders. I'm sure millions of refugees do.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:06 AM

10,719 posts, read 4,419,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I, for one, have repeatedly made the claim, and more precisely what I've said is that NO MAINSTREAM POLITICIAN wants open borders, and that the lie stems from having taken a remark from Hillary out of context.

Obviously, it can't be said that no one on the planet wants open borders. I'm sure millions of refugees do.
Prominent Democratic politicians are eager to talk about all the ways they will accommodate illegal immigrants and asylum seekers, but reluctant to even mention border enforcement unless pressed hard to do so. Beto is typical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=6FBJWoAduu4

Castro is for decriminalizing illegal entry and limiting interior enforcement to hard core criminals.

It's only a matter of time now before the progressive wing comes out for the elimination of all immigration law enforcement. The issue is where gay marriage was 20 years ago.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:24 AM

10,719 posts, read 4,419,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Castro is for decriminalizing illegal entry,,,
And now all the others are as well...
Quote:
Castro’s bold idea on immigration — to decriminalize illegal entry — was taken up by other candidates on stage, and then was endorsed by the vast majority of candidates on Thursday.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-miami-who-won
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or