Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 09:42 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
by hook or crook, keep total power of the United States forever.... (what a terrible thought)

abolish the 2d Amendment. (that will stop all blood shed)

abolish the Constitution. It gets in the way of liberal progression.. (so said Obama)
Leftism is just modern form is slavery. Nothing new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 09:46 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,388,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
All funded by slave labor.

If people want to have freeways, public schools or public libraries, they will build them voluntarily.

In your mind, if it’s for the greater good of the society, you are more than happy to slaughter whoever disagrees with you.
I'm sorry but this is a intellectually dishonest approach to naming " slave labor". I say this as someone who never votes Democrat.

But we have free elections, if your guy doesn't win that's just as it is. Taxes collected for certain things have been voted on first by the people and then by the politicians they voted in.

Remember the founders went to war for taxation with no representation, we have that now.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:46 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,796,800 times
Quote:
by hook or crook, keep total power of the United States forever.... (what a terrible thought)

abolish the Constitution. It gets in the way of liberal progression.. (so said Obama)
Um, none of that. Seriously, dude.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Hopefully get big money out of politics.

With a majority of corporate judges on the SCOTUS, it might be too late for the people to ever again get back their democracy. Its impossible for the people to compete against billionaires bankrolling their puppets without any campaign finance restrictions.
In addition, the Trump administration has been appointing conservative, pro-corporate, federal judges with lifetime appointments with the speed of light.

It is far too late to take back our democracy.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:10 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
All funded by slave labor.

If people want to have freeways, public schools or public libraries, they will build them voluntarily.

In your mind, if it’s for the greater good of the society, you are more than happy to slaughter whoever disagrees with you.
FYI this AMerica. Not china. You know that well. No one slaughters or enslaves anyone here.

And when imperialism was in full swing, there was no liberal or democratic party. There was only one party which got everything through slave labor. Use your words wisely.

Old 06-08-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I'm sorry but this is a intellectually dishonest approach to naming " slave labor". I say this as someone who never votes Democrat.

But we have free elections, if your guy doesn't win that's just as it is. Taxes collected for certain things have been voted on first by the people and then by the politicians they voted in.

Remember the founders went to war for taxation with no representation, we have that now.
If you are confiscating people’s private properties to fund your pet projects, that’s slavery.

In this country, 50% of people don’t pay any income taxes but take in virtually all the benefits.

Old 06-08-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
FYI this AMerica. Not china. You know that well. No one slaughters or enslaves anyone here.

And when imperialism was in full swing, there was no liberal or democratic party. There was only one party which got everything through slave labor. Use your words wisely.
Explain to me why the top 10% pays more than 2/3 of taxes while the bottom 50% pays ZERO but rake in all the benefits.

How is that not slavery?

Old 06-08-2019, 11:27 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:

Didn't they have full control the first couple of years of Obama.

Did the 2nd Amendment even come up?

I know the health care issue was attacked full on and I do believe the sense of urgency to push it through explains some of the problems with it.

And I don't remember any talk of abolishing the Constitution.

Old 06-08-2019, 11:31 AM

447 posts, read 208,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
This. People need to get a grip.
Yep. Lots of chicken littles on this board.

Old 06-08-2019, 11:52 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Might as well read Ayn Rand's dramatized novels while you're at it.

...i have, i like rand but solzhenitsyn seems to present a more direct 'in your face' style..... personal preference, i'm sure..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies