Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 10:06 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
I've never seen the the queen get on so well with any other president. This has got to be the sweetest pic I've ever seen of her and a US president.

I was unable to find it anywhere online.

It brings a smile because I just adore both of them. It so genuine, which seems rare.
Seems to be the case from the pictures released. and why not? Queen's signals for many actions with the EU in her sphere are not dissimilar to his open statements. e.g. "why should there be an EU court over UK court, PM?" and why shouldn't he feel attached to her given that his mother was one of her or her father's subjects back in the day? A family attachment more or less.

Pres Trump seemed on his best behavior and the Queen is known for keen insight; so why shouldn't they get along well? it is in the best interest of everyone for them to do so.

For myself I have the same feeling that Pres Trump mentioned in his remarks about the visual image of the teenage girl in coveralls maintaining her military vehicle who became Queen. I am not so sure that I care about the next generation or so but I do have a warm spot in my heart for that Princess doing her part when the world depended upon Great Britain. Maybe Pres Trump feels the same way.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:36 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
People always point out how Trump can be rude and crude which is true. But people who meet him in person says he can be incredibly charming and this can also be true. Almost every highly successful person who i've ever meet can talk the pants off a nun. And in one case one actually tried(true story lol, although he didn't know she was a nun at the time)
Tone is difficult to convey in a post, so I would like to point out that the following is coming from a place of attempted reason and not snark.

remco67, you have just provided an example and definition of a con man: a man who cheats or tricks someone by gaining their trust and persuading them to believe something that is not true. This is the very definition of a confidence man. And of Trump.

Are con men successful? I guess some are successful at being con men, but it is erroneous to believe that highly successful people are all connivers or one has to be a conniver to be successful.

In the case of Trump, indisputable facts reveal that he is not a successful businessman, as he has tricked so many into believing. Numerous bankruptcies, successful avoidance of taxes and repayment of loans as he has admitted during rallies, does not equal success. Only in the minds of the conned or marks. Inheriting wealth, cheating to enhance it and the accumulation of money does not equal business mastery or achievement, except to those who have been fooled. Playing the role of (PRETENDING) a wheeler-dealer on TV does not make him a successful wheeler and dealer.

All of this makes him a successful con man but not a success. This is how he has gained your trust and how he has persuaded millions of folks into believing that he is a successful businessman, when in reality he is a sham and tinsel RE confidence artist: by your own admission and definition.

America needs and deserves better! We all do!

Last edited by corpgypsy; 06-08-2019 at 10:44 AM..

Old 06-08-2019, 11:46 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
So in 93 years of life, THIS is the best time she has had, according to mysteriously unnamed people? Not any time with her family or a myriad of lifetime events?

Silly. He can't just say it went well if it did (did it? Need to read) , it has to be the most glorious event ever.
Hey liberal media has unnamed people as sources. I remember Harry Reid having an unknown source... so why not?

Old 06-08-2019, 01:41 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
President Trump on Queen:

"The meeting with the Queen was incredible, I think I can say I really got to know her because I sat with her many times and we had automatic chemistry, you will understand that feeling,"

"It's a good feeling. But she's a spectacular woman."
When asked by Fox News' Laura Ingraham if he fist-bumped the Queen, Mr Trump said: "I did not, but I had a great relationship, we had a really great time.

"There are those that say they have never seen the Queen have a better time, a more animated time.

"We had a period we were talking solid straight, I didn't even know who the other people at the table were, never spoke to them. We just had a great time together."
You are forcing the Demonics and those suffering TDS to have faux "sources" that will remain anonymous that will say how much the Queen hated our Great President....they have to counter any good news on Trump with 10 lies.

Old 06-08-2019, 01:47 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You are forcing the Demonics and those suffering TDS to have faux "sources" that will remain anonymous that will say how much the Queen hated our Great President....they have to counter any good news on Trump with 10 lies.
What exactly was the good news in this story? I doubt if anyone would believe the Queen hated Trump, she is a woman of class and dignity, she is much above that. Just the fact that this was even worth posting is the bigger story.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:31 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:

"The meeting with the Queen was incredible, I think I can say I really got to know her because I sat with her many times and we had automatic chemistry, you will understand that feeling,"

When asked by Fox News' Laura Ingraham if he fist-bumped the Queen, Mr Trump said: "I did not, but I had a great relationship, we had a really great time.

"There are those that say they have never seen the Queen have a better time, a more animated time.

"We had a period we were talking solid straight, I didn't even know who the other people at the table were, never spoke to them. We just had a great time together."
In the photos I have seen with them talking together I have never seen her smile so much and even laughing with him. She always seem reserved and kind of sour pussed in other pictures I have seen of her.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:12 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
To her, on the world stage he's more like a puppy. Not a real history maker as she has dealt with in the past. So I could see his visit as a walk in the park for her, nothing important or profound will be transpired. So yes why wouldn't it be more pleasant than meeting with a heavy on the world stage.
That's ironic, considering Trump has made a greater impact, and globally, than any President in recent decades....
And what did Obama do? Vacate Iraq for ISIS, that's about it.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:24 PM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:

everybody that meets him feels the same way

Old 06-08-2019, 03:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Here ya go:

https://www.stripes.com/news/reagan-...castle-1.25211

https://www.latimes.com/local/califo...htmlstory.html

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-qu...ip%3d0%26pl%3d

Trump can say what he would like to "think" about his visit being unique in the Queen's experience but it ain't so.

People should just take satisfaction in the fact that Trump didn't make too much of a fool of himself with the visit going about as well as anyone could have wished for, given Trump's well known proclivity for making an azz of himself.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:34 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
If he was trying to troll , the Left... it obviously worked like a charm... again. They’ve all got their panties in a bunch over something so innocuous that it makes them look even more petty today than yesterday.
You folks are killin me! Keep it up... I love to laugh at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies