Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 11:57 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
The report does not say it is largely due to this. It is merely mentioned as one of many factors including the following let me quote :

"Education officials have blamed cultural factors, nomadic communities and the Boko Haram Islamist insurgency; but critics point to a lack of funding."
What are you quoting? I don't doubt that there are many factors involved, but the report I linked to is entirely about the issue I described.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:06 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I don’t understand if whites are such racists and oppressors why are Nigerians succeeding and surpassing other ethic groups including whites in America.
Maybe they are all Princes. I had a college professor from Nigeria and guess what -- he actually was a Prince.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:24 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
What are you quoting? I don't doubt that there are many factors involved, but the report I linked to is entirely about the issue I described.
I am quoting from your link.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:02 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Perhaps Nigeria doesn't have a history of rap music and killing each other over drugs.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I am quoting from your link.
OK, I see it now...

Old 06-10-2019, 05:01 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Do you realize that many Black Americans are descendants of Nigerian ethnic groups?

Ask yourself what is the difference between those Nigerian descendants and the recent Nigerians? What happened? How come they don’t have the same culture?

It’s not that difficult.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:06 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's not just Nigerians, it's everyone.

Census Bureau data showed Haitians and Jamaicans were superior to American Blacks.

If you break down the Haitians and Jamaicans by demographic groups, like age, gender and educational level, some Haitian and Jamaican groups actually did better than Whites of the same group.

All African groups do better than American Blacks.

American Black culture is just totally toxic, and that's why they lag behind everyone.

Eventually, Hispanics will become the majority ethnic group and Asians will out-number American Blacks, but both of those groups will hold all the power and wealth, while American Blacks have none, because American Black culture is so toxic.

All those so-called "Black community leaders" haven't done squat, except enrich themselves.
Get out of here with that nonsense. As the first generation born here, it is the American historical experience that was toxic to American blacks . American blacks didn’t ask for not create that. That was imposed. And if it wasn’t for their culture and their striving for opportunities, the rest of us recent people of color wouldn’t be here.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:29 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Immigrants came to America when they had the means and ambition to do so, and the confidence that they could be productive and make a better life in a new land. Prior to the 20th century, most black Africans were Neolithic tribesmen who knew next to nothing about the world beyond their villages. Some might have emigrated in such an alternate timeline but not more than a handful.
Not true-

Look at the refugees from Vietnam. Some were urban dwellers, but many came from stone age villages.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:34 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Get out of here with that nonsense. As the first generation born here, it is the American historical experience that was toxic to American blacks . American blacks didn’t ask for not create that. That was imposed. And if it wasn’t for their culture and their striving for opportunities, the rest of us recent people of color wouldn’t be here.
Bullcrap- every failure needs any excuse. Successful people have no use for excuses.

As long as black America seeks to blame and rationalize failure, they are doomed. Those that realize they are individual human beings, not a part of the collective "black Americans", they can throw off their chains and get on with life.

Every individual is capable of living a productive, fruitful life unless you convince yourself otherwise. In America, blacks have so many advantages that others do not have, such as racial scholarships, quotas, affirmative action, preferential government contracts, ect...... The playing field has been more than leveled with all these advantages that poor whites do not have.

Time to stop making excuses and look forward, not backward. The past is gone.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Not true-

Look at the refugees from Vietnam. Some were urban dwellers, but many came from stone age villages.
Refugees are different from the typical immigrant.

I doubt there actually are any stone age villages in Vietnam. Civilization is very old in the part of the world. They've been farming rice there for 4000 years and using iron tools for more than 2000.

https://quatr.us/southeast-asia/history-of-vietnam.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies