Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2019, 09:10 PM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because it happened generations and generations ago. Get rid of your crutch.
Hahaha @ “your crutch.” I am the first generation born in the U.S. Nice try.

Quote:
Actions define you not because your name isn't African. lol What an absurd comment.
That went right over your head. Their names indicate a direct tie to slavery. If not, the majority would carry African names. That’s just common sense. Pay attention.

Quote:
Your comments indicate a serious lack of the truth while falsely playing the race card.
Explain to me why black UE was close to and sometimes less than White UE until the late 1920s? Why was the black participation rate higher than whites then? Are we more racist now?
Explain to me why the black poverty rate has barely moved since 2000? Are we more racist now?

So slavery has made blacks abandon their children? Over 70 percent of all black children are raised in single parent families. Granted that slavery took over 100 years to kick in since in 1965 the black single parent rate was ~30%.

Throw down your crutch and look in the mirror if you want to see why you, as an individual, are or are not making it. It's on you. Own it.
Look at you running from the discussion. Your statement was that Black Americans have no ties to slavery. My response was that their ties to slavery are clear based on names alone, not to mention language. It’s simple, obvious fact if you are literate. But rather than admit it, you are run to family structure. You can’t refute the comment. Deal with it.

There you go again with your idiotic assumptions. What crutch do I have? My family just reached the US in the 70s and I’ve done quite well. However, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that some have had hundreds of years of oppression and disadvantage while others were given opportunities. It’s US history. Half of you are in denial though.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:11 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,090,329 times
Nigerians are racist.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Nigerians are racist.
Most don’t care for mixing, that’s for sure. As far as African descendants of slavery in the Americas, we are impure (particularly mixed with whites) and have largely lost ethnic ties. That’s not looked upon favorably.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:49 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
[quote=NigerianNightmare;55400273]Thank you, I don’t understand this at all. I’m happy that Nigeria is getting praise on the POC forum that normally denigrates anyone that’s African but I disagree with putting down Black Americans as a result. The cultural impact of Black Americans Is untold. In fact most modern music essentially comes from threee origins Caribbean- Especially Jamaican culture, African American culture and White American culture. African Americans have invented or had major influence culturally in everything from clothing to music to rights of people. Rap is currently the biggest genre in the world Rock and Roll which was largely African American before Elvis and the Brits is and was one of the biggest genres in the world before. Even today from Thailand to Pakistan to Iran to China rap is used as a way to protest government. The cultural impact worldwide of a Tupac is more than any college degree will get you. Now that doesn’t mean college degrees are bad, I’m in university currently. But many people like to downplay African American culture even with the many positive influences it has had.[/QUOTE

I love ALL my people no matter where they come from. I’m a Pan Africanist. If you’re black, you’re family, and I wanna see you win and I’m gonna hold you up and have your back when you win too.

If I have any issues with blacks from another nation or culture , I keep that in house. No non black will ever know about it. It ain’t their concern. I only share intra black issues with other blacks.

That’s how I was taught, and that’s my personal mantra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You have no ties to slavery. None. Racism isn't a big issue. Abandoning children and living off of welfare is. A man that doesn't take care of his family can never be a man.
Slavery didn't make anyone do that. Your party that bought the poor and minority votes did that.
All African Americans have ties to slavery. It’s a tie that can’t be broken, and will NEVER be broken. We will always pay honor and respect to our Slave ancestors. And we do it now more than ever. We’re no longer ashamed of our slave past. We’re not gonna let whites attempt to break those ties.

First get rid of ALL the white based historical societies first. Until then, there’s nothing to talk about. We are the descendants of a proud Slave people...and we’ll proclaim that tie till eternity. It can’t be stopped.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:53 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,090,329 times
This is your brain on leftism.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
All African Americans have ties to slavery. It’s a tie that can’t be broken, and will NEVER be broken. We will always pay honor and respect to our Slave ancestors. And we do it now more than ever. We’re no longer ashamed of our slave past. We’re not gonna let whites attempt to break those ties.

First get rid of ALL the white based historical societies first. Until then, there’s nothing to talk about. We are the descendants of a proud Slave people...and we’ll proclaim that tie till eternity. It can’t be stopped.
Only people who have little to no real culture have difficulty understanding respect for those who came before you. African peoples have always been big on ancestral ties. African-Americans have surely maintained that. Again, that’s culture...which that poster cannot grasp. Shameful really...

Old 06-11-2019, 10:50 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,403,608 times
[quote=desertdetroiter;55403589]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Thank you, I don’t understand this at all. I’m happy that Nigeria is getting praise on the POC forum that normally denigrates anyone that’s African but I disagree with putting down Black Americans as a result. The cultural impact of Black Americans Is untold. In fact most modern music essentially comes from threee origins Caribbean- Especially Jamaican culture, African American culture and White American culture. African Americans have invented or had major influence culturally in everything from clothing to music to rights of people. Rap is currently the biggest genre in the world Rock and Roll which was largely African American before Elvis and the Brits is and was one of the biggest genres in the world before. Even today from Thailand to Pakistan to Iran to China rap is used as a way to protest government. The cultural impact worldwide of a Tupac is more than any college degree will get you. Now that doesn’t mean college degrees are bad, I’m in university currently. But many people like to downplay African American culture even with the many positive influences it has had.[/QUOTE

I love ALL my people no matter where they come from. I’m a Pan Africanist. If you’re black, you’re family, and I wanna see you win and I’m gonna hold you up and have your back when you win too.

If I have any issues with blacks from another nation or culture , I keep that in house. No non black will ever know about it. It ain’t their concern. I only share intra black issues with other blacks.

That’s how I was taught, and that’s my personal mantra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofS8xoJfPhA

Old 06-11-2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Only people who have little to no real culture have difficulty understanding respect for those who came before you. African peoples have always been big on ancestral ties. African-Americans have surely maintained that. Again, that’s culture...which that poster cannot grasp. Shameful really...
We revere our slave ancestors. That’s never gonna change. Those ties can’t be broken. It’s a huge part of who we are and always will be.

I still remember when there were still vestiges of shame in our community about being the descendants of Africans and African American slaves. Thank goodness we chucked that attitude and became enamored of our ancestors instead. We’re never going back to those shameful sentiments that we once held.

White folks don’t need to understand it. We don’t care. They just have to accept it.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:00 AM

[quote=Toyman at Jewel Lake;55403769]
Quote:
That’s all you got? Can’t come up with anything better, huh?

Old 06-12-2019, 12:10 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,277,721 times
Quote:
Thank you, I don’t understand this at all. I’m happy that Nigeria is getting praise on the POC forum that normally denigrates anyone that’s African but I disagree with putting down Black Americans as a result.

This reply requires no greater complexity than the following statement;

You will fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.