Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2019, 02:01 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times

Advertisements

Racism is over used as an excuse for failure today. What I think is happening is that people are confusing the effects of the legacy of racism to actual racism today. The legacy of racism plus liberal permissiveness have created a noxious, regressive culture among many African-Americans that leaves them in poor position to take advantage of the many opportunities this country offers.

Myself as Ghanaian-American and other black immigrants don't have this legacy of racism and oppression hindering us.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:20 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Racism is over used as an excuse for failure today. What I think is happening is that people are confusing the effects of the legacy of racism to actual racism today. The legacy of racism plus liberal permissiveness have created a noxious, regressive culture among many African-Americans that leaves them in poor position to take advantage of the many opportunities this country offers.

Myself as Ghanaian-American and other black immigrants don't have this legacy of racism and oppression hindering us.
Well, here is the thing. Of course you don't have that legacy. Your ancestors weren't in this country when all that crap happened here.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
I have told you nothing else, about nothing else. Maintain the ties you wish. I, and I can only speak for myself, would never the deny the atrocity of American slavery and, what has resulted, that, yes, we are still dealing with now.

My statement was only in response to your brief excerpt about getting rid of all white based societies;

You will fail.
Fail at what?

Again, get rid of yours first. Then we’ll get rid of ours.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:15 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Fail at what?

And this is sadly how things work. Hypocrisy. Alot of people just don't want to hear about what has happened to Black Americans. Telling Black Americans to "get over it" is basically said persons way of saying "your history doesn't count". This is why no one can make me forget what happened.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:22 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,398 times
The thing about black Americans is that not all of them cling on to any bit of ammunition to guilt people into caving into their demands, in fact they look down on it as does the rest of sane American society does, because IT'S NOT NORMAL. You're not slaves and anyone who isn't a african american aren't slavery proprietors.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Fail at what?

African Americans, the descendents of a proud slave peoples as some have written on here, are the product of white society and if white society goes, so must the african american. Then we can finally have some damn peace around here and eat dankalicious tacos.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:06 PM

You know what those people were before they became slaves? Africans. Maybe you should be proud of Africa instead of coming from a plantation somewhere in the deep south. And America for giving you the opportunity to be something that people all around the world look on us with admiration, being American. If life is so damn good outside of America, why does everyone come here? Including Africans?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:08 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Real Africans and those living in the Carribbean consider America blacks lazy. Seen it countless times.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:11 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And this is sadly how things work. Hypocrisy. Alot of people just don't want to hear about what has happened to Black Americans. Telling Black Americans to "get over it" is basically said persons way of saying "your history doesn't count". This is why no one can make me forget what happened.
I don't deny what happened to Black Americans, and in part is still happening. Your posts, in particular, about how Black Americans have a uniquely tragic history that has completely separated them from their culture of origin, hold great truth. Even the Native Americans and Carribeans can still retain a semblance to their culture of origin.

...but, I'm not gonna tolerate something even close to the idea that White society needs to be overwritten or disintegrated.

My grandparents came over on the Ellis Island boats, so I'm in no way the descendant of plantation owners, and the the vast majority of the descendents of the Pilgrims weren't slave owners, either.

I am sick and tired of it even being suggested that I should apologize for my existence because of my physical resemblance to said people.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:24 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
... because education visas have long been one of the main ways people are able to immigrate from African countries to America. The fact that a relatively high percentage of Nigerians in America have advanced degrees is merely an artifact of U.S. immigration policy, and says little or nothing about American society as a whole, or the intelligence of the average Nigerian.
This may be true, but if there was some evil conspiracy among "them evil white people" to keep all non-whites stupid and poor, then even a Nigerian with 6 PHD's would be relegated to flipping hamburgers at McDonalds. The supposed systematic oppression would push them down to the bottom of society and ensure that their children could never be as smart or successful as their parents. But no, that's not reality. These people are doctors, lawyers, etc. and good for them!

On the other hand, the entirety of other minority groups who the USA actively suppressed and marginalized ... are insanely successful and rich. Asians. Jews. These people created their own success, quite often against the odds. Discrimination and mistreatment against them has never really stopped either, but they continue to succeed against the odds anyways.

To be honest, our immigration policy does real harm to third world countries. The best, brightest, hardest working people they've got just leave them. This significantly slows the process of transforming them into modern developed countries. Like any other nation, we're just looking out for our own best interests and these highly educated highly skilled immigrants are looking out for their own best interests, so it's hard to tell them that they can't immigrate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies