U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 02:47 PM

2,074 posts, read 436,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoiledthong View Post
quit it.

you are a conservative white male.
Indeed, they’re not fooling anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 02:48 PM

5,272 posts, read 1,441,988 times
Quote:
quit it.

you are a conservative white male.
Yep, I'm a conservative white male who is gay and married to a conservative Asian male.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:30 PM

20,742 posts, read 10,057,355 times
Quote:
even on the internet you got people coming up with crap like this.

and people wonder why rachel dolezal was so big
You think you know more about EastwardBound than EastwardBound?

Worry about proper punctuation instead.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I think that society needs to stop protecting these criminals just because they’re under 18. The crimes being committed today by so called teens is outlandish. These thugs knew exactly what they were doing. Doubt it was the first time and probably won’t be the last they’re brought up on charges.
I'm with you. Let society know who they're dealing with. They want to commit adult crimes, they should be treated like adults.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:48 PM

1,345 posts, read 471,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
There is no guaranteed safety when one is armed, only a fighting chance.

My guess is that the attackers felt empowered, knowing that their prey were very likely unarmed.
Likely so.

Think Bernie Goetz attackers felt so bold when he produced his .38 those years back?

Even a 5 shot revolver in the hands of either of those two women could have stood off the beating they suffered.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:10 AM

11,660 posts, read 3,993,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm with you. Let society know who they're dealing with. They want to commit adult crimes, they should be treated like adults.
They are being treat like adults, they have been quickly arrested, interviewed under caution and charged, and they will now appear before the Magistrates before the case is referred to the Crown Court, which may well be the Central Criminal Courts (The Old Bailey).

The Court also has the power to decide whether naming a youth offender is in the public interest, so they may well be named.

As for the offences, Section 20 GBH carries a maximum sentence of 5 years, whilst the street robbery offence carres 4 years.

The Court will examine all the mitigating and aggravating coircumstances and as has already pointed out the Courts legally have to impose higher sentences in relation to homophobic and transexual hate crimes.

The sentence each individual receives will be down to the part they played in the crimes, and it's all recorded on the bus CCTV system for the Jury to see.

This is a serious crimes, and will be treated as such.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
They are being treat like adults, they have been quickly arrested, interviewed under caution and charged, and they will now appear before the Magistrates before the case is referred to the Crown Court, which may well be the Central Criminal Courts (The Old Bailey).

The Court also has the power to decide whether naming a youth offender is in the public interest, so they may well be named.

As for the offences, Section 20 GBH carries a maximum sentence of 5 years, whilst the street robbery offence carres 4 years.

The Court will examine all the mitigating and aggravating coircumstances and as has already pointed out the Courts legally have to impose higher sentences in relation to homophobic and transexual hate crimes.

The sentence each individual receives will be down to the part they played in the crimes, and it's all recorded on the bus CCTV system for the Jury to see.

This is a serious crimes, and will be treated as such.

Good to know - thanks for educating me. Please understand our responses deal with what happens here in the states, which is different than how you handle it in the U.K., apparently.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:20 PM

7,825 posts, read 12,335,844 times
I'm also wondering if those attackers were Muslims or looked like they could be Muslim. That is a high probability in Londonistan.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:14 AM

1,434 posts, read 820,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I'm also wondering if those attackers were Muslims or looked like they could be Muslim. That is a high probability in Londonistan.
They are.

Granted the post from "Brave New World" is technically correct, everybody and their brother knows if it was White guys their faces would be plastered everywhere.

Last edited by RageX; 06-14-2019 at 01:33 AM..

Old 06-14-2019, 02:41 AM

11,660 posts, read 3,993,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Good to know - thanks for educating me. Please understand our responses deal with what happens here in the states, which is different than how you handle it in the U.K., apparently.

The US has a different legal system, however such crimes are serious in both countries, and I would expect a significant sentence if found guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or