U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 10:20 AM

31,598 posts, read 19,931,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
What exactly is your point?

One is 18.

Where is that photo? And where is the video?

Any why wasn't there EVER a description of the attackers (even in the victim's facebook post) except for their accent?

It's a conspiracy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 03:26 AM

11,584 posts, read 3,963,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"Melania Geymonat, 28, and her girlfriend Chris were left bloodied and in shock after the homophobic attack by four thugs, which happened around 2.30am on May 30.

Geymonat, originally from Uruguay, may have also suffered a broken nose during the violent attack after a night out in north London.

On Friday evening, the Metropolitan Police said four males aged between 15-18 had been arrested....."

".....The attackers had British accents, apart from one who spoke Spanish, she said...."

British accents. In London. Well, that was probably a big help to the police. At least they were caught but why are there no better descriptions of the criminals? Don't buses have CCTV?

https://news.yahoo.com/woman-and-gir...085540202.html
London has 20 million overseas visitors a year, and is similar to NYC in terms of diversity.

In terms of CCTV footage of the assault, the police reviewed it, and will be using it as evidence. All public transport and taxis are subject to CCTV in London.

The Camden area of Central London is bohemian tourist hotspot, and is a very tolerant area so this is very unusual, even at 2.30 in the morning on a night bus.

The police have now arrested five men for aggravated grievous bodily harm and robbery, so there was a robbery element, howevert the aggrevated element relates to hate crime and will ensure any convictions will result in increased sentecing.

Section 20 Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH) and carries a maximum sentence of 5 years alone, although aggravating hate crime factors will be considered by the Crown Court, as will the robbery charge.

The fact the crime has had such a national and international media impact, demonstatrates how rare such crimes are, and how disgusting they are.

Last edited by Brave New World; 06-09-2019 at 03:35 AM..

Old 06-09-2019, 05:29 AM

62,950 posts, read 34,295,019 times
Quote:
Most likely.

My guess is that eventually it will come out that the attackers were Muslim.
LOL. If you read the 'Christianity" forum at CD, they will most certainly blame it on conservative Christians and the Bible.

Why does homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than other sins?

Old 06-09-2019, 05:32 AM

7,801 posts, read 2,269,793 times
tsk...tsk... kids these days..

Old 06-09-2019, 06:37 AM

51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Or more likely, because they were minors.
Caught them and they're 15-18. I looked it up and the 18 year old is not a minor in the UK. However, they may be arrested but if the 18 year old is not charged there may be laws in England about releasing identity until then etc.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/08/73095...-on-london-bus

Last edited by Mathguy; 06-09-2019 at 06:57 AM..

Old 06-09-2019, 06:43 AM

51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Quote:
It's a conspiracy.
In fairness, there is indeed a conspiracy in many of these cases. I cannot speak for the Brits but in the US, possibly because for a long time our press was constantly pushing minority crime which created unfair perceptions, there is a swing the other way.

We had a thread about this a year or two ago after a mob of young people attacked and robbed people on BART (I think) out around LA or San Fran and despite not having the youths identified they refused to release the video and cited "not wanting to incite stereotypes".

If you'd like another example, you know about the white ladies that did racist stuff like call the cops on a BBQ, but hey...you probably didn't know about the serial killer in Kansas City that was targeting white men >50 out walking?

So yeah, call it what you want I suppose but there is a definite organized bias in some media. (Just like if an illegal commits a bad crime you know it's going to be on FOX)

For a third example, CNN ran a very good article on the murder of trans men a month ago. They mentioned that it was especially black trans men that were ending up being murdered and cited the arrest of one preacher for the crime and showed his picture. All kinds of statistics on the attacks on trans men so um, wouldn't you expect some info on whom is attacking them? I sure did but nope, that glaring piece of information was left out and anybody that knows about that shameful overall situation knows whom those murders and assaults are being overwhelmingly committed by. However for those that didn't know CNN swept that right under the rug.

Last edited by Mathguy; 06-09-2019 at 06:53 AM..

Old 06-09-2019, 09:45 AM

466 posts, read 81,965 times
Quote:
What exactly is your point?

One is 18.

Where is that photo? And where is the video?

Any why wasn't there EVER a description of the attackers (even in the victim's facebook post) except for their accent?
Maybe so a thousand or more hero types won't go out in the city looking to shoot and kill anyone who looks like the attackers.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:00 AM

14,306 posts, read 15,126,008 times
Quote:
It's a conspiracy.
You can be as glib as you wish but UK has a history of avoiding publishing "uncomfortable" facts when it comes to violent and sexual criminal acts.

The child sex grooming atrocities in Rotherham, Rochdale and Oxfordshire as examples.

Similar to the way the German media and law enforcement tried to play down certain aspects of the mass New Years Eve sexual assaults on German women a couple of years ago.

As long as that type of handling by their police and politicians works for UK citizens I'm okay with it.

Not a good fit for us in the US. I don't want us to be that progressive.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:11 AM

2,242 posts, read 618,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Stupid thugs that is all this is. They saw 2 women together and wanted to see them make out to get their adolescent jollies on. Stupid kid violent thugs.

Has Trump been blamed yet?
May I ask why posts such as yours are created? Why do you want to always make it about Trump? Or do you think that by dangling this ridiculous notion there will be serious people who will fall for it and argue the nonsense? I think the tactic that we all see being played out is old and stale. Silo mentality is only going to lead to self destruction.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:14 AM

11,584 posts, read 3,963,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
You can be as glib as you wish but UK has a history of avoiding publishing "uncomfortable" facts when it comes to violent and sexual criminal acts.

The child sex grooming atrocities in Rotherham, Rochdale and Oxfordshire as examples.

Similar to the way the German media and law enforcement tried to play down certain aspects of the mass New Years Eve sexual assaults on German women a couple of years ago.

As long as that type of handling by their police and politicians works for UK citizens I'm okay with it.

Not a good fit for us in the US. I don't want us to be that progressive.
In terms of sexual abuse, a lot has been done since the Jimmy Saville Scandal, Operation Yewtree and the Asian Grooming Gangs, indeed there has been massive change, the setting up of new inter-agency units and an ongoing system of improvement in order to address the lessons of the past.

Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation - Progress Report

IICSA Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse

A lot of what went on was organised crime, and organiaed crime occurrs in lots of ethnic groups, indeed one of the biggest sex trafficking groups are East European such as the Albanian mafia and Russian gangs.

Human trafficking in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

Child trafficking and grroming is a problem in numerous countries, including the US which has a significant problem as highlighted in the links below;

The Shocking Truth of Child Sex Trafficking | HuffPost

Sex trafficking: The new American slavery - CNN - CNN.com

Film exposes underworld of US children sold online for sex - Reuters

Sex Trafficking of Americans: The Girls Next Door | Vanity Fair

Shandra Woworuntu: My life as a sex-trafficking victim - BBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or