U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
14,684 posts, read 8,468,648 times
Reputation: 29356

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Wait - we were told that Obamacare would fix everything that was wrong with the healthcare world
The Republican alternative that Trump/the GOP promised is (crickets.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Austin
12,180 posts, read 6,935,590 times
Reputation: 13426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The Republican alternative that Trump/the GOP promised is (crickets.)
scooby's criticism of the lack of republican alternative to aca is valid.

trump promised a great healthcare law when he ran in 2016 and then crickets. healthcare insurance costs is the most important issue according to numerous polls with all voters in 2020 and it is not being address realistically by the democratic presidential hopefuls, the congress, or the president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:30 AM
 
12,842 posts, read 4,638,397 times
Reputation: 5213
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
scooby's criticism of the lack of republican alternative to aca is valid.

trump promised a great healthcare law in 2016 and then crickets. healthcare is the most important issue according to numerous polls with all voters in 2020 and it is not being address realistically by the democratic presidential hopefuls, the congress or the president.
Medicare-for-all is very realistic if the people just find the guts to take on the medical industrial complex that rips off the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:31 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 15 days ago)
 
8,675 posts, read 10,828,629 times
Reputation: 12715
I don't see it right now. I could see over 55 maybe, but not for all. I don't have a problem w/ it, but it won't happen yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Midwest
31,342 posts, read 19,602,296 times
Reputation: 7844
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Wait - we were told that Obamacare would fix everything that was wrong with the healthcare world
No you weren't. If the public option had not been blocked by Republicans, our healthcare system would be in much better shape than it is now. The ACA brought health insurance to millions who could not afford it before. That is a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Austin
12,180 posts, read 6,935,590 times
Reputation: 13426
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Medicare-for-all is very realistic if the people just find the guts to take on the medical industrial complex that rips off the American people.
PCAL when I am given proof that medicare for all would reduce costs, or even keep them the same, and would provided similar care to participants that private insurance companies provide now, I would happily support it. so far, nothing presented has convinced me, and I've read several studies, would support believing the government would be a cost effective or efficient provider of healthcare insurance to americans. the aca was a huge disaster for those of us paying full freight....a huge increase in premiums over the last few years. why would I fall for that again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:38 AM
 
Location: SGV
24,758 posts, read 9,640,166 times
Reputation: 9714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
good use of meaningless words
In all fairness to the paper-pusher that authored the piece he was probably being paid per word.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Midwest
31,342 posts, read 19,602,296 times
Reputation: 7844
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
PCAL when I am given proof that medicare for all would reduce costs, or even keep them the same, and would provided similar care to participants that private insurance companies provide now, I would happily support it. so far, nothing presented has convinced me, and I've read several studies, would support believing the government would be a cost effective or efficient provider of healthcare insurance to americans. the aca was a huge disaster for those of us paying full freight....a huge increase in premiums over the last few years. why would I fall for that again?
Your proof is from those many other countries that have universal healthcare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Austin
12,180 posts, read 6,935,590 times
Reputation: 13426
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Your proof is from those many other countries that have universal healthcare.
no. the medicare for all, single payer, is not provided in any countries that isn't failing. even the democrats admit that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:48 AM
 
8,878 posts, read 3,927,925 times
Reputation: 1720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I don't see it right now. I could see over 55 maybe, but not for all. I don't have a problem w/ it, but it won't happen yet.
I agree. Obamacare was too large and complex a jump. Going to Medicare for all also too big IMO. Reforms more easily accepted when incremental, and lowering Medicare to age 50-55 would be easy to do and would provide the most bang for the buck for our broad middle class. Not only would it benefit those that would now get to enroll, it would take off a huge amount of HC risks from the private sector, helping to lower everyone else's premiums.

Most of our younger and generally healthy population are low and predictable HC risks and could then stay in the private side of HC insurance. These folks don't benefit as much from Medicare anyway. (like seniors)

Going Single payer/Medicare for all will be heavily bucked by hospitals and docs. Not nearly so much against lowering the Medicare age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top