U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 09:12 AM

36,832 posts, read 16,072,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Most perplexing thing about conservatives is that they would prefer the explosion of freely provided Medicaid and SSDI for the drug addicted and non-working Americans .
Most perplexing thing about liberals they believe Uncle Sam can do a better job then the private industry.

We have examples of how "good" the fed does with managing health care by looking at the VA, Medicare and Medicaid.

I DON'T want them involved in MY health care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 09:14 AM

36,832 posts, read 16,072,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Which is....a lack of affordable healthcare or health insurance. Many have found they have no choice but to resort to Medicaid of SSDI in order to provided medical care for their family.
" Many have found they have no choice but to resort to Medicaid of SSDI in order to provided medical care for their family."

Why is that?

Old 06-08-2019, 09:16 AM

8,878 posts, read 3,927,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Most perplexing thing about liberals they believe Uncle Sam can do a better job then the private industry.

We have examples of how "good" the fed does with managing health care by looking at the VA, Medicare and Medicaid.

I DON'T want them involved in MY health care.
What's wrong with Medicare?

Old 06-08-2019, 09:17 AM

3,552 posts, read 1,181,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Many have found they have no choice but to resort to Medicaid of SSDI in order to provided medical care for their family."

Why is that?
The only reason it could be. Private health insurance is unaffordable.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:46 AM

29,699 posts, read 16,414,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
According to a study that was conducted by the Koch Brothers, it will cost $32 Trillion, but save $2 Trillion.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/32-t...ry?id=56938226
Thats not what Im asking.
How much will it cost per person?

Old 06-08-2019, 09:52 AM

3,552 posts, read 1,181,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Your exact words were:

Quote:
So how much is it?
Next time, be more specific instead of trying to move the goal posts after the fact.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:57 AM

4,240 posts, read 1,564,524 times
Quote:
The only reason it could be. Private health insurance is unaffordable.
Even certain financial assistance plans can be unaffordable. I just applied through NYS Marketplace because I can't get employer insurance. I would have loved to get an Essential Plan with a $44 premium for medical, vision and dental, but I make too much. Too bad, because the EPP is the only reasonable health plan out there out of everything that is available - covers a ton of services, and the premiums and copays are very reasonable. Too bad the income threshold is only between $24,000 and $25,000.

I got an Advance Premium Tax Credit with Cost Sharing Reduction, but the CSR requires a Silver Plan. Even with my APTC I'd be paying at least $150/month. I had to opt for a Bronze plan with a $4,000 deductible. I better hope I don't need to use it. If I am offered employer insurance I'll have to accept it and cancel my current plan, even

When you factor in deductibles and co-insurance, you may as well not have insurance at all, because you end up paying for the majority of the services anyway.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 28 days ago)

18,980 posts, read 12,188,024 times
Quote:
In an era where Medicare-for-All is now overwhelmingly popular amongst the general populace, a new study shows that the US would see significant savings from implementing such a system, in addition to improving the economy and well-being/mental health.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...us-51-trillion

At medicare payment rates, half of the hospitals and medical practices would have gone bankrupt, precipitating a healthcare access crisis.

Hooray for liberalism!

Old 06-08-2019, 10:03 AM

1,345 posts, read 468,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
New Study Championing Medicare for All Is Bogus

"Gruber" me once, shame on you... "Gruber" me twice, shame on me...
Lol, cant rep you anymore.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:08 AM

9,335 posts, read 7,165,342 times
Quote:
about $90K per person over 10 years.

Which, FWIW, I'd say isn't that bad. I know that my annual premiums alone for a family of 4 and high-deductible coverage had gotten to $12-15K per year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or