U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 01:51 PM

6,649 posts, read 6,827,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Blimpie's, Subways, it's junk. You're better off making your own sub sandwich than going to Subway or Blimpie's.

Agreed. I come from a very sandwich-oriented area, and so I am a sandwich snob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 03:24 PM

623 posts, read 127,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't go into a Subways anymore regardless. Those sandwiches are not very good. Jimmy Johns, Publix, some independent stores, they've done a much better job with sandwiches than Subway. And after Jared Fogle was proven to be a pedophile (and got his wig split in prison), Subway has even more bad press on its hands.
Ever ate at a Firehouse subs? Delicious subs! 100 times better than subway! Quizno's wasn't bad either...subway and jimmy john's are at bottom of my list simply because subway just isn't good and jimmy john's you just order a sandwich and they make it as is instead of you picking what you want on it.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:30 PM

22,506 posts, read 11,587,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
IKR? The manager of the Subway I usually go to is Indian. Very nice guy; when I went in a few weeks ago after not having been in for several months I remembered me and was asking me where I'd been all that time.
I usually remember myself too. It’s okay to talk to yourself until you start answering back.

Last edited by whogo; 06-09-2019 at 03:41 PM..

Old 06-09-2019, 08:43 PM

6,649 posts, read 6,827,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
Ever ate at a Firehouse subs? Delicious subs! 100 times better than subway! Quizno's wasn't bad either...subway and jimmy john's are at bottom of my list simply because subway just isn't good and jimmy john's you just order a sandwich and they make it as is instead of you picking what you want on it.

We just had Firehouse the other day. I needed migraine food. It was better than Subway, but their bread is all wrong. We probably won't eat there again.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:28 PM

16,210 posts, read 18,676,045 times
Subway made the right call.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:42 PM

35,467 posts, read 10,488,468 times
"How she look?"

The "manager" should have been fired for that, first.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:51 PM

4,070 posts, read 1,554,506 times
Are hiring managers still allowed to give the young female applicants the "garden hose" test or the "elbow" test?? Asking for a friend

Old 06-10-2019, 03:53 AM

991 posts, read 168,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
a. who are "these same people"? The manager is obviously an idiot, which is one reason that "Subway manager" was the high point on her resume.

b. thankfully, the manager was properly fired. the mother/teen should seek EEOC help making sure the incident is officially reported, and hopefully that ex-manager is known as a potential/former lawbreaker/racist.

c. is there any data within the last decade for blacks applying for jobs they're qualified for, and being declined - particularly when the job remains open? Is there data that shows "Hey, Subways fill 9 of 10 positions with white people, even though they have 40% of qualified applicants who are black?"
To answer C:
How would someone who collecting statistical data on this subject collect these instances of discrimination? Companies do not report out this information and likely would not have it as many fast food locations are franchised so the corporate side may have no clue as to who is applying.

Remember in this instance, the manager would likely toss the application so this instance would not even be recorded in a official document, the person in this story "officially" never even applied, no paper trail since the application was trashed and not kept kept for records.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:52 AM

7,558 posts, read 2,428,887 times
SMH. Like the OP said, then people wonder why affirmative action exists. Stop this nonsense and it won’t be necessary. But this has been going on for ages in the U.S. and some people don’t plan on stopping obviously.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:43 AM

8,083 posts, read 5,287,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Are hiring managers still allowed to give the young female applicants the "garden hose" test or the "elbow" test?? Asking for a friend
Or the tidday test??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or