Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 10:40 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Making light of what one does for a living while ignoring the quality of the work is arrogant and condescending. Shame on you.
What are you even talking about? Point out the condenscension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 11:01 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Who's stupid enough to text such a thing in this day and age. Smells like a set up possibly.

And she evidently fell for it ! Glad to see SubWay step up and do the right thing.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:20 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Who's stupid enough to text such a thing in this day and age. Smells like a set up possibly.
Plenty of people are stupid enough to text or tweet such things. Some people are just bold. We live in a society where people are bold enough to tweet and text bigoted things, or just that stupid.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Life sucks.

What do you think the chances are of white Jeff Johnson getting a job at Jose's Tire Shop?
Are you telling me that Subway is a sandwich shop set up exclusively for white people? Let me know because if the answer is ‘yes,’ I’ll never set foot in another Subway again, and I’ll make sure every black person I know gets the message too.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Are you telling me that Subway is a sandwich shop set up exclusively for white people? Let me know because if the answer is ‘yes,’ I’ll never set foot in another Subway again, and I’ll make sure every black person I know gets the message too.
I don't go into a Subways anymore regardless. Those sandwiches are not very good. Jimmy Johns, Publix, some independent stores, they've done a much better job with sandwiches than Subway. And after Jared Fogle was proven to be a pedophile (and got his wig split in prison), Subway has even more bad press on its hands.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:44 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't go into a Subways anymore regardless. Those sandwiches are not very good. Jimmy Johns, Publix, some independent stores, they've done a much better job with sandwiches than Subway. And after Jared Fogle was proven to be a pedophile (and got his wig split in prison), Subway has even more bad press on its hands.

I don't think I've eaten at Subway more than a half dozen times or so, because their sandwiches were never good. Same with Blimpie's - eaten there twice, 'druther not do it again. Usually, I prefer indie shops anyway.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:51 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
IKR? The manager of the Subway I usually go to is Indian. Very nice guy; when I went in a few weeks ago after not having been in for several months I remembered me and was asking me where I'd been all that time.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:02 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Never liked short people either.
Some of my best friends are short people. Once you get to know them, you'll find they are almost just like anyone else.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:09 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Depends. I've seen White people get hired at Mexican restaurants.
Even stranger, at a favorite Italian restaurant where my office used to go for lunch, there was a Mexican waiter who wore a claddagh ring.

Gotta love NYC.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I don't think I've eaten at Subway more than a half dozen times or so, because their sandwiches were never good. Same with Blimpie's - eaten there twice, 'druther not do it again. Usually, I prefer indie shops anyway.
Blimpie's, Subways, it's junk. You're better off making your own sub sandwich than going to Subway or Blimpie's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies