U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-09-2019, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Raleigh NC
9,422 posts, read 7,204,480 times
Reputation: 8144

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Sounds like he poked and prodded Facebook a time or two in the past. Their social media site, their rules. Even InfoWars has a TOS you agree to
the problem that social media outlets will run into is the "even application" of those very TOS.

it's hard to deny that FB, Twitter, and Instagram (maybe Snapchat) don't have a monopolistic hold on the market.

 
Old 06-09-2019, 05:44 PM
 
3,519 posts, read 959,746 times
Reputation: 1483
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
I use my real name on FB...Have for years.I spread the truth and most people can't handle it
Then report me on FB lol...oh wait you can't. Maybe if they didn't censor people ALL of my friends wouldn't need more than 1 profile on there.
I see. "If they stopped removing my posts for violating the TOS I signed, I wouldn't have to violate the TOS!"

Last edited by latimeria; 06-09-2019 at 07:08 PM..
 
Old 06-09-2019, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
19,521 posts, read 17,769,056 times
Reputation: 17318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
And yet the left supports the government dictating to private businesses whom the must do business with.

The Left: consistently inconsistent.
And yet the right supports government dictating to private businesses whom they must do business with.

The Right: consistently inconsistent.
 
Old 06-09-2019, 08:23 PM
 
623 posts, read 128,479 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I see. "If they stopped removing my posts for violating the TOS I signed, I wouldn't have to violate the TOS!"
Hurting leftist's feelings isn't a violation of TOS...
 
Old 06-09-2019, 08:41 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,351 posts, read 15,795,936 times
Reputation: 9879
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And yet the right supports government dictating to private businesses whom they must do business with.

The Right: consistently inconsistent.
Yep, except when it effects them. Discrimination against homosexuals, fine. Discriminating against blacks, fine. Discriminating against latinos, fine. A company citing TOS for why someone got put in time out for breaking rules, THIS IS A CRIME!!!!
 
Old 06-09-2019, 08:46 PM
 
Location: Bran's tree
11,086 posts, read 4,874,131 times
Reputation: 12433
Facebook creeps me out with their censorship and Big Brother tactics. I'd refuse to create an account even if they were still in their heyday. But freedom means that private businesses are allowed to do as they please, and yes I said the same thing about the bakery who didn't want to bake a cake for a gay couple.
 
Old 06-09-2019, 08:56 PM
 
3,123 posts, read 2,704,582 times
Reputation: 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yep, except when it effects them. Discrimination against homosexuals, fine. Discriminating against blacks, fine. Discriminating against latinos, fine. A company citing TOS for why someone got put in time out for breaking rules, THIS IS A CRIME!!!!
Not all conservatives think all discrimination should be legal and discriminating based on gender and race is alredy illegal. Having monopolistic companies discriminate based on politics is not good, and if conservatives did crate a proper alternative to FB then the country would be torn apart due to political radicalisation. It is in everyone interests that platforms like Facebook remain neutral.

Al-tech is on the rise because of censorship. Companies like Google, Paypal and Apple has responded by banning their extensions, payments and apps. But if that doesn`t work, I will promise you that liberals will start to demand that the government should ban them, because they don`t actually believe that social media should be able to ban whoever they want. In fact New Zealand and Australia has already IP-blocked sites like Bitchute, Zerohedge, Liveleak, Voat, Gab and Encyclopedia dramatica. Some people say that it was because they hosted the terrorist video, but I know for certain that Zerohedge did not host the video and Facebook was the one who hosted his livestream and did not get banned.

What I find more interesting is liberals who want to allow coorporations do whatever they want, just because it benefits them. When did liberals became the party of big business?

Last edited by Camlon; 06-09-2019 at 09:58 PM..
 
Old 06-09-2019, 09:01 PM
 
3,123 posts, read 2,704,582 times
Reputation: 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
But freedom means that private businesses are allowed to do as they please
Should the taxi cartel also be allowed to not serve black people? Its a private company, and they can use Uber if it is not banned. And what about other things like enviroment pollution or fraud.

Private business should not be allowed to do as they please.
 
Old 06-10-2019, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,351 posts, read 15,795,936 times
Reputation: 9879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Not all conservatives think all discrimination should be legal and discriminating based on gender and race is alredy illegal. Having monopolistic companies discriminate based on politics is not good, and if conservatives did crate a proper alternative to FB then the country would be torn apart due to political radicalisation. It is in everyone interests that platforms like Facebook remain neutral.
No but they think a business owner can discriminate for whatever reason as a private entity. Perhaps I could have worded that better. However, Facebook isn't a monopoly. There are other forms of social media like Twitter, 4Chan, etc. Is Facebook the largest, without a doubt, but that don't make it a monopoly. YouTube isn't the only video platform on the internet either, it is simply the preferred and largest. DailyMotion has similar content. This don't make YouTube a monopoly. A monopoly controls the supply and demand of an industry, this isn't the case even with those complaining about the Walt Disney Company buying 21st Century Fox.

Quote:
Al-tech is on the rise because of censorship. Companies like Google, Paypal and Apple has responded by banning their extensions, payments and apps. But if that doesn`t work, I will promise you that liberals will start to demand that the government should ban them, because they don`t actually believe that social media should be able to ban whoever they want. In fact New Zealand and Australia has already IP-blocked sites like Bitchute, Zerohedge, Liveleak, Voat, Gab and Encyclopedia dramatica. Some people say that it was because they hosted the terrorist video, but I know for certain that Zerohedge did not host the video and Facebook was the one who hosted his livestream and did not get banned.
Who is saying liberals are banning these payments? Sounds to me like a strawman if not an exaggeration that liberal leaning companies or moderate companies are not supporting the far right.

A country blocking websites is another thing altogether. Now unless there is a question of illegality,I don't see the reason to do this. Just ban the idiots who break TOS for whatever (hate speech, posting nudes, bullying, inciting riots, etc.)

Quote:
What I find more interesting is liberals who want to allow coorporations do whatever they want, just because it benefits them. When did liberals became the party of big business?
No they think that a company should discriminate so long as it don't break laws. Politics as of right now isn't a protected class and if it is, what words are protected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Should the taxi cartel also be allowed to not serve black people? Its a private company, and they can use Uber if it is not banned. And what about other things like enviroment pollution or fraud.

Private business should not be allowed to do as they please.
So long as said private business isn't having it based on protective classes. I can ban people from using a bathroom without paying, but I can't just enforce the policy on specific groups. I have to use it on everyone. See the issue here? Denying to all blacks because of race is a protective class issue which makes it illegal discrimination.
 
Old 06-10-2019, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,546 posts, read 16,496,198 times
Reputation: 8087
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
They are hiding behind the "we thought it was spam" defense. Of course, to the socialists at FB all conservative thought is spam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top