U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 06:55 AM

1,957 posts, read 411,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The biggest threat to the earth is the human being.
Utter bunk.

Asteroids!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 06:55 AM

21,525 posts, read 11,607,021 times
I think the OP is more pointing out the hypocrisy of the Global Warming hustlers.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:00 AM

9,591 posts, read 4,598,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Utter bunk.

Asteroids!!!
Nope, politicians.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:04 AM

17,744 posts, read 8,871,248 times
I see people in my area with Obama, and Hillary bumper stickers driving huge, gas guzzling SUV's and driving way over the speed limit. They don't want to change their lifestyle but love to Virtue Signal their hypocrisy. No, people want to drive their big trucks and Suv's and they want to drive FAST.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:13 AM

21,525 posts, read 11,607,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I see people in my area with Obama, and Hillary bumper stickers driving huge, gas guzzling SUV's and driving way over the speed limit. They don't want to change their lifestyle but love to Virtue Signal their hypocrisy. No, people want to drive their big trucks and Suv's and they want to drive FAST.
Because deep down the donít believe the Climate Change baloney any more than you or I do.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:18 AM

2,987 posts, read 1,217,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
According to the Democrat Party life on earth will end in 12 years unless we do something about global warming. Right now, they are blaming President Trump for doing nothing. OK.

Back in 1973, I was living and Canada and the Arab countries decided to quit shipping oil to the US. I needed to drive from Vancouver to San Francisco a couple of weeks after the boycott started.

The THREE Republican Governors, Washington(Evans), Oregon(McCall), California(Reagan), immediately lowered the speed limit to 55 MPH to save gas. Evans in Washington dropped it to 50 MPH, but later raised it back to 55 MPH. They also ordered that streetlights be shut off after 10:00?? pm and all businesses were to shut their outside lights and signs when closed.

It was weird driving down I-5 with only an odd business sign lit, and all the streetlights off. We as college students, drove all night long. But it was I thought a appropriate response by the Governors to an emergency.

So here we are almost 50 years later. This time talking about life on the planet ending in 12 years. The Democrats say they want to impose TAXES to save the planet. Well, instead of taxes how about 55 MPH. The amount of CO2 generate by vehicles is significantly less at 55 MPH and transportation is a MAJOR contributor to C02 generation.

Washington, Oregon and California are very, very liberal states these days committed to combating global climate change. One Governor, Inslee is running for President on this issue alone. He is that committed to reducing C02.

Ah, but there is President Trump. EXCEPT speed limits are set by the states, not the Federal Government. Just like in 1973, we can have 55 MPH speed limits on I-5, with the streetlights off, OVERNIGHT.

All we need is for the three Democrat governors to commit to saving the planet and dropping the speed limit to 55 MPH......TOMORROW or AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

If you live in one of these states.....write the Governors and ask them to SAVE THE PLANET...SPEED LIMIT 55.
I think all those who are truly worried about global warming should voluntarily slow down. Clearly almost know one on Long Island are concerned as a drive on the LIE can show. Overwhelming percentage of cars are large and fast.

I think all those who are truly worried about global warming should voluntarily drive less. All political rallies about it should be done through gotowebinar.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:12 AM

5,552 posts, read 6,981,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
The National 55mph speed limit was instituted under Nixon and ended under Clinton. But don't let history bother your ranting "Doc".
The 55 limit was supposed to last 1 year (1974) under Nixon. It was later that politicians, due to lobbying from insurance companies and law enforcement for revenue generation purposes, that the 55 limit was made "permanent".

Old 06-10-2019, 09:13 AM

5,552 posts, read 6,981,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
3. my opinion is, if 55 is the goal, do not increase taxes, just withhold Federal funds. it worked well the last time it was tried.

Not once radar detectors became commonplace.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:15 AM

29,460 posts, read 15,444,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I see some of the biggest AGW supporters stepping off private jets.

Film festivals are where you get two things in abundance:
Climate change hysteria
Private jets

Old 06-10-2019, 09:16 AM

66,508 posts, read 33,791,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Now...that's funny.

Pass it on to AOC....just heard Beto on TV this morning...it is only ten years.
I heard 1-1/2 years, on November 3, 2020. The world for Democrats will end, with no hope in sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or