U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 06:01 PM

623 posts, read 127,150 times

Advertisements

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-educa...Ng11kueN6pKECo

Can't wait to see the leftist media try and spin this against him since its not your regular ole white guy who said it and he can turn it on them as being racist for wanting him to be fired. I hope he stands strong!

Old 06-09-2019, 01:06 AM

4,450 posts, read 876,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
https://www.ajc.com/news/local-educa...Ng11kueN6pKECo

Can't wait to see the leftist media try and spin this against him since its not your regular ole white guy who said it and he can turn it on them as being racist for wanting him to be fired. I hope he stands strong!
Way to get away with speaking about against illegal immigration is to not be a White guy, it seems.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:46 AM

2,813 posts, read 601,946 times
Oikophobes angry that someone holds views that differ from their own.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:54 AM

11,823 posts, read 8,241,478 times
It is the minority groups that should be speaking out against Illegal immigration because they will be affected by it the most when they are in direct competition for jobs and for some when the Government assistance programs are stretched to the breaking point.

I once knew a Brazilian guy that came to America, started a painting business, became a US citizen, bought a house and was living the American Dream until his fellow countrymen that were in the country illegally under cut his jobs to the point where he lost everything and being too old to start over he moved back to Brazil.

Illegal immigration hurts us all especially minority groups but somehow it is racist if a white person complains about it.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:42 PM

48,039 posts, read 45,452,601 times
Being against illegals is one thing. Using terms like "*******" is only going to create a rift and cause more division.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:54 PM

48,039 posts, read 45,452,601 times
Illegal immigration isn't something I'm for. However, I will say thing. Saying that it's hardest on minorities, well, here is where I'm going. Black Americans have been at the bottom from day one. Once the illegals are gone, Blacks will still be at the bottom, relative to other groups. I think one of the reasons we don't see more Black Americans going hard against illegal immigrants is because, for the most part, there are other problems beyond illegal immigration giving Black Americans alot of trouble. Illegal aliens are creating competition. However, if they were gone, Black Americans would still have alot of other people to compete with for jobs. And as it has been for a long time, "last hired, first fired".

Black Americans, relative to other groups, have a higher likelihood of living in violent neighborhoods compared to other groups. No, the majority of Blacks do not live in such bad conditions, but a higher percentage of Blacks, relative to other groups, do live in bad neighborhoods. There are many illegals committing crimes in the USA. And that is a problem. However, if you already live in a violent neighborhood and most of the killers look like you, you'll still have problems once the illegals are gone. And yes, I'm aware of racial tensions between Blacks and other ethnic groups. In Los Angeles, it's Blacks vs Mexicans. In Miami, it's Blacks vs Cubans, and to a certain extent, Black Americans vs Haitians. In Minneapolis, it's Black Americans vs Somalis. When you're at the bottom of the social and economic totem pole relative to other groups, not much matters. Illegal aliens will not do you any favors. However, once that problem is solved, you're still at the bottom.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:39 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,751,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Illegal immigration isn't something I'm for. However, I will say thing. Saying that it's hardest on minorities, well, here is where I'm going. Black Americans have been at the bottom from day one. Once the illegals are gone, Blacks will still be at the bottom, relative to other groups. I think one of the reasons we don't see more Black Americans going hard against illegal immigrants is because, for the most part, there are other problems beyond illegal immigration giving Black Americans alot of trouble. Illegal aliens are creating competition. However, if they were gone, Black Americans would still have alot of other people to compete with for jobs. And as it has been for a long time, "last hired, first fired".

Black Americans, relative to other groups, have a higher likelihood of living in violent neighborhoods compared to other groups. No, the majority of Blacks do not live in such bad conditions, but a higher percentage of Blacks, relative to other groups, do live in bad neighborhoods. There are many illegals committing crimes in the USA. And that is a problem. However, if you already live in a violent neighborhood and most of the killers look like you, you'll still have problems once the illegals are gone. And yes, I'm aware of racial tensions between Blacks and other ethnic groups. In Los Angeles, it's Blacks vs Mexicans. In Miami, it's Blacks vs Cubans, and to a certain extent, Black Americans vs Haitians. In Minneapolis, it's Black Americans vs Somalis. When you're at the bottom of the social and economic totem pole relative to other groups, not much matters. Illegal aliens will not do you any favors. However, once that problem is solved, you're still at the bottom.
Illegals take American jobs. Illegals disregard American laws. Illegals place additional burdens on already burdened education, health care, criminal justice, and social safety net systems. Illegals depress wages and housing prices. Sanctuary cities and states are dedicating resources to illegals that could (and should) otherwise be used for the needs of American citizens.

There are middle class citizens of all races struggling in this country. There are communities that are plagued with failing schools, high crime, poverty, high single motherhood, violence, crumbling infrastructure. There are cities that are drowning in homelessness, filth, drug addiction, disease.

Re: the bolded. You hit on one of many issues that are so problematic re: illegals in this country. You said "once the illegals are gone, Blacks will still be at the bottom relative to other groups." Blacks are American citizens. Politicians are using the financial resources of American citizens of all races - and dedicating those resources to those who enter our country illegally.

Every illegal immigrant student, every illegal immigrant hospitalized father, every illegal immigrant receiving a free bus ticket or free airline ticket, every illegal immigrant family receiving food stamps is using money that belongs to US - you and me and every other tax paying American. Every time a politician chooses the needs of illegals over the needs of Americans they are betraying US - you and me. Every time a politician dedicates time and energy and money to illegals instead of focusing all of his/her energy on the betterment, safety and security of American citizens, they are treacherous.

You (I think) are a black man. I am a white woman. We are both American citizens. Those we elected, those we entrusted, those we expect to work on OUR behalf, are betraying us. Black Americans should be FURIOUS. Do you see politicians working with the same fervor to help black Americans that you see them working to help illegals? No. Neither do I.

All Americans should be furious. We have been betrayed by politicians who use OUR money to provide aid and comfort to law breakers. Now a million law breakers a year.

You said when illegals are gone Black Americans will still be at the bottom. They ain't going anywhere. Not until we all say - enough.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:55 PM

23,936 posts, read 11,912,132 times
Seems the snowflakes are seeing their safe space of stupidity being challenged.

Tough.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:08 PM

36,754 posts, read 16,351,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Illegals take American jobs. Illegals disregard American laws. Illegals place additional burdens on already burdened education, health care, criminal justice, and social safety net systems. Illegals depress wages and housing prices. Sanctuary cities and states are dedicating resources to illegals that could (and should) otherwise be used for the needs of American citizens.

There are middle class citizens of all races struggling in this country. There are communities that are plagued with failing schools, high crime, poverty, high single motherhood, violence, crumbling infrastructure. There are cities that are drowning in homelessness, filth, drug addiction, disease.

Re: the bolded. You hit on one of many issues that are so problematic re: illegals in this country. You said "once the illegals are gone, Blacks will still be at the bottom relative to other groups." Blacks are American citizens. Politicians are using the financial resources of American citizens of all races - and dedicating those resources to those who enter our country illegally.

Every illegal immigrant student, every illegal immigrant hospitalized father, every illegal immigrant receiving a free bus ticket or free airline ticket, every illegal immigrant family receiving food stamps is using money that belongs to US - you and me and every other tax paying American. Every time a politician chooses the needs of illegals over the needs of Americans they are betraying US - you and me. Every time a politician dedicates time and energy and money to illegals instead of focusing all of his/her energy on the betterment, safety and security of American citizens, they are treacherous.

You (I think) are a black man. I am a white woman. We are both American citizens. Those we elected, those we entrusted, those we expect to work on OUR behalf, are betraying us. Black Americans should be FURIOUS. Do you see politicians working with the same fervor to help black Americans that you see them working to help illegals? No. Neither do I.

All Americans should be furious. We have been betrayed by politicians who use OUR money to provide aid and comfort to law breakers. Now a million law breakers a year.

You said when illegals are gone Black Americans will still be at the bottom. They ain't going anywhere. Not until we all say - enough.
Good post. I think the reason that many black Americans don't care about illegal immigration is because they feel a comaraderie with these illegals who are also minorities. They'd like nothing better than to see the white race in our country diluted even further. They fool no one but they are biting off their noses to spite their faces. Many blacks don't want to work anyway so it's no big deal to them that illegals take Americans jobs just as long as they can continue getting hand outs from the Democrats. Let the truth be told. Don't fall for that person's phoney excuses who is black.

Why shouldn't blacks care about the rule of law as they are just as much citizens of this country as the rest of us. Sounds like from that poster that unless there is something in it for them then the rule of law itself doesn't matter to them. One can focus on other black issues while still standing up for the rule of law at the same time. Sad that he/they don't though. If they sided with whites on this issue by witholding their votes from the Democrats for coddling illegal aliens we'd see this illegal immigration problem a lot closer to being solved but the Democrats know they have the black vote locked up since the rule of law takes second place with them.

Last edited by Oldglory; 06-09-2019 at 04:17 PM..

Old 06-09-2019, 04:30 PM

8,766 posts, read 7,695,901 times
Democrats always favor lawlessness, for illegal immigrants, for congressmen and party officials, for criminals, minorities, unions, etc. The exception is white male conservatives. Then no punishment is enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies