U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 04:29 PM

2,495 posts, read 2,531,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Who should cede the abortion issue once and for all, and end this American discussion?

Roe vs. Wade is the law of the land, but pro-lifers and conservative Christians, etc. are antiabortion.

Who cedes this once and for all?
I get a little frustrated at the assumption that being against abortion on demand is connected to religion.

For me it is due to a level of understanding of the science. I'm not religious.

It seems most "for" or "against" abortion base their choice and opinions on feelings. They don't even have an objective reason why they need to blow their noses

Old 06-09-2019, 04:34 PM

23,411 posts, read 28,264,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
if the woman demands an abortion, what is the doctor supposed to do? I'm fairly certain of the answer from what I HAVE read, but certainly willing to be better informed.
The doctor does not have to agree to the demand, any more than a physician would amputate a healthy limb because the patient demanded it. Late term abortions also demand skills the average obstetrician does not have, and, as previously noted, the cost is astronomical, not what someone is going to be willing to pay unless the fetus has a serious problem.

My opinion is that if for some reason such a serious fetal problem is not found until the last few weeks of pregnancy the parents would be advised to let nature take its course.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:03 PM

30,701 posts, read 33,473,253 times
I'm prochoice but prolifers should not cede because it's gone too far. Most rational people could support those very early abortions and abortions for rape, incest, life threatening problems for mother/fetus but nobody (NOBODY) can support abortion of a healthy fetus who can survive outside the womb. I don't want to hear "but that never happens" because it does, and the latest laws some states have adopted make it A-ok, no questions asked and no shame involved.

If push came to shove on this and it had to be all or nothing I'd probably say f'it and ban it altogether knowing that while some may suffer at least society as a whole would be forced to face it's own degeneracy and maybe adopt some healthier and saner lifestyles while acknowledging that a little shame is good for everyone.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:12 PM

30,029 posts, read 16,607,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm prochoice but prolifers should not cede because it's gone too far. Most rational people could support those very early abortions and abortions for rape, incest, life threatening problems for mother/fetus but nobody (NOBODY) can support abortion of a healthy fetus who can survive outside the womb. I don't want to hear "but that never happens" because it does, and the latest laws some states have adopted make it A-ok, no questions asked and no shame involved.

If push came to shove on this and it had to be all or nothing I'd probably say f'it and ban it altogether knowing that while some may suffer at least society as a whole would be forced to face it's own degeneracy and maybe adopt some healthier and saner lifestyles while acknowledging that a little shame is good for everyone.
Abortion for a viable, healthy fetus is still against the law.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:13 PM

5,279 posts, read 1,061,199 times
I will always be in favor of life for the unborn. Ceding is not an option.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:15 PM

5,608 posts, read 3,665,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Who should cede the abortion issue once and for all, and end this American discussion?

Roe vs. Wade is the law of the land, but pro-lifers and conservative Christians, etc. are antiabortion.

Who cedes this once and for all?
The anti-choice folks (they’re not pro-life, they don’t care once a kid is born).

Let women make their own decisions. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies