U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 01:09 PM

48,124 posts, read 45,484,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
A year or two of stop and frisk would get the majority of the guns off the streets, changing the culture will take a different approach.
New York City's murder rate started dropping before stop and frisk ever took place. And when stop and frisk took place, most of the persons stopped and frisked were not found to be doing anything illegal. All it really did was anger alot of people. Violation of the 4th Amendment. Unreasonable search and seizure. You need probable cause and S&F operates on less than that.

This is what happened. Gentrification chased many people out of New York. Alot of people went into Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and many went to the South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 01:28 PM

10,164 posts, read 6,274,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
New York City's murder rate started dropping before stop and frisk ever took place. And when stop and frisk took place, most of the persons stopped and frisked were not found to be doing anything illegal. All it really did was anger alot of people. Violation of the 4th Amendment. Unreasonable search and seizure. You need probable cause and S&F operates on less than that.

This is what happened. Gentrification chased many people out of New York. Alot of people went into Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and many went to the South.

I will ever change my mind on this. If you want illegal firearms off the street, and drive by shootings reduced , how can Stop and Frisk not work ? See an Escalade on 30's cruising a hood that they don't live in at 10mph at 3:30am...chances are they are setting up for a drive by. See a group of teens standing at the side of a liquor store/ gas station at 5:00am ...chances are they are scoping out which car to jack....
LEO interaction would definitely help in these situations.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:34 PM

7,215 posts, read 1,613,335 times
Does Trump care? Why doesn't he offer to help the inner-city black community of Chicago?

Old 06-26-2019, 01:42 PM

19,053 posts, read 12,213,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Does Trump care? Why doesn't he offer to help the inner-city black community of Chicago?
He has- he discussed sending the national guard there.

Cities would have to approve of such measures and there is no way that Chicago will do that.

Additionally, blacks have to help themselves and address the reason for that violence. Due to political correctness, this cannot even be discussed, thus there will be perpetual violence. The black population of Chicago has declined precipitously relative to the white population, however.

Many of the blacks who have left Chicago, unfortunately, have simply carried the criminal culture along with them to their new homes in Iowa, Wisconsin, and Indiana.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:06 PM

48,124 posts, read 45,484,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I will ever change my mind on this. If you want illegal firearms off the street, and drive by shootings reduced , how can Stop and Frisk not work ? See an Escalade on 30's cruising a hood that they don't live in at 10mph at 3:30am...chances are they are setting up for a drive by. See a group of teens standing at the side of a liquor store/ gas station at 5:00am ...chances are they are scoping out which car to jack....
LEO interaction would definitely help in these situations.
My mind will never change on S&F. It violates the 4th Amendment. With this in mind, a little quote for you:
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." _Benjamin Franklin.

That is one of the reasons I'm against stop and frisk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or