Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 10:37 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/09/u...liar-hero.html

The Bold perfectly illustrates Trump's MO. Trump is so predictable. He manufactures crises than plays the hero when he backs down.

Chuck Schumer knew it. Nancy Pelosi knows it. Mexico knows it. The world knows it. Everyone save Trumpers who worship the fraud in chief knows it.

The dolt in chief still acts like foreign policy is a business transaction whether like a real estate deal or Trump attempting to stiff his creditors. It obviously is not.

Trump whole persona is an illusion. The wizard has been revealed as a scammer. Even Toto knew it in the movie. Maybe Trumpers can learn a thing or two from Toto.
"News Analysis"

HOLD THE PRESSES, we have a NEGATIVE Trump opinion article published in the NT Times! Whoda' thunk?

That's about as rare as the sun came out today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 10:38 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
This sounds awful, but I hope the economy softens considerably so Trump is not reelected. I don't want the economy to crash at all. It's a terrible thing for America, but if the economy remains strong, he'll probably be reelected, and he's so bad for the country, I just want him out and he won't be impeached with all the bootlickers remaining in office. I would be thrilled with any other candidate over him, even another Republican.
What exactly does it even mean when the economy is good? Are people getting significant raises? Has the cost of housing, gas, cars, groceries, etc. gone down? Because I don't see where a "good" economy has contributed to my or anyone else's good standing. Wages are stagnant yet the price of rent & housing has significantly increased. Good luck trying to rent an apartment in a decent area of the city without using up one entire paycheck. It still costs a good chunk to full up your car with gas. You still don't leave the grocery store without spending at least $50-$100. Vacation? Who can afford that? Really, when people claim the economy is good, that means jack squat.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:42 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,585 times
Lyin' Donnie is all smoke and mirrors. Our debt is skyrocketing, illegals are still rushing through the border (wheres the wall you promised Donnie??), the economy is on shaky grounds. Nothing has changed. When we head into another recession...that's it, it's game over for Don the Con.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:46 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
This is about as intelligent as I thought it would be, considering the source!

And you NEVER complained about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mgQaFlo_p8

Or this,

Says Hillary Clinton sold 20 percent of America’s uranium to Russia and then "the Russian government gave $145 million to the Clinton Foundation." Former FBI Director and special counsel Robert Mueller "delivered it."
Bloggers on Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 in a Facebook post

Complex tale involving Hillary Clinton, uranium and Russia resurfaces

Or this

"Well, Americans of all political stripes should be outraged by the fact that both Democrats and Republicans in Washington are up to their eyeballs in Kremlin cash. Russian money found its way into the pockets of not only Trump advisers like Paul Manafort and Rick Gates — who were recently indicted by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III — but also Democratic power lobbyist Tony Podesta, Bill Clinton and the Clinton Foundation. This should suggest to objective observers that Russia was using its money to influence both sides in order to advance the Kremlin's interests. And it means that any full and impartial investigation of Russia's efforts to influence our political process needs to follow the Russian money flowing into the coffers of the Clintons, their foundation and their top associates.

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-...n-uranium-rus/

Or
"Think that was just a coincidence? As former federal prosecutor Andy McCarthy points out, the Uranium One deal is not a national security scandal, it is a corruption scandal involving "Clinton family self-dealing." Ask yourself: How many half-a-million-dollar speeches has Bill Clinton given to Kremlin-linked banks since Hillary Clinton was defeated? How much Russian money is flowing into the Clinton Foundation's coffers today? If Donald Trump had given a $500,000 speech paid for by a Kremlin bank, and his private foundation had accepted $145 million from Vladi*mir Putin-linked oligarchs and their Western business partners, do you think that his critics would be insisting there was nothing to see here?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.28bb63c2b568

I wonder WHY?

So what real FACTS do YOU have involving Trump and Russia to back up YOUR CLAIM?

I hope all you libs who have been making accusations about Trump for over 2 year, like crow, because you are going to be eating LOTS of it!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 06-09-2019 at 10:56 AM..

Old 06-09-2019, 10:48 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

1. Create crisis
2. Pretend to fix it
3. Congratulate self
4. Tell anyone who disagrees, "they are an enemy of the people."
5. Repeat
Lol, that is seems to be Trump's strategy I noticed. Trump takes credit whenever he can, and deflects when things go bad. He never takes responsibility for anything.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:57 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
I was prepared to give Trump credit for this whole Mexico deal thing, now looks like a similar deal to North Korea. Act tough, take some photos, claim victory.... meanwhile, not much changes, or else was already agreed to months ago. Disappointing but not surprising. Impressive that he's brainwashed so many people to eat it up.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:59 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The Resistance must be the new right-wing talking point. Too bad you don't like to respond to the OP with a response rather than nonsensical babble
Nonsensical babble is what Trump runs on, so expect nothing less from his fervent supporters.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:04 AM

25,552 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I was prepared to give Trump credit for this whole Mexico deal thing...........
No you weren't. Read your past posts.
Everything is a "failure" or a "scam" to you.

MAGA. Build The Wall.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:09 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What exactly does it even mean when the economy is good? Are people getting significant raises? Has the cost of housing, gas, cars, groceries, etc. gone down? Because I don't see where a "good" economy has contributed to my or anyone else's good standing. Wages are stagnant yet the price of rent & housing has significantly increased. Good luck trying to rent an apartment in a decent area of the city without using up one entire paycheck. It still costs a good chunk to full up your car with gas. You still don't leave the grocery store without spending at least $50-$100. Vacation? Who can afford that? Really, when people claim the economy is good, that means jack squat.
The 1%'er's are who have benefited from Trump getting elected, as the tax bill was engineered and designed specifically for the wealthiest Americans, yet it is the poorest Americans who are Trump's biggest supporters.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:14 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,706,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I was prepared to give Trump credit for this whole Mexico deal thing, now looks like a similar deal to North Korea. Act tough, take some photos, claim victory.... meanwhile, not much changes, or else was already agreed to months ago. Disappointing but not surprising. Impressive that he's brainwashed so many people to eat it up.
Yep.

Friday’s joint declaration says Mexico agreed to the “deployment of its National Guard throughout Mexico, giving priority to its southern border.” But the Mexican government had already pledged to do that in March during talks in Miami between Kirstjen Nielsen, then the secretary of Homeland Security, and Olga Sanchez, the Mexican secretary of the interior, the officials said.

Trump doesn't believe in climate change but he does like to recycle any old favorable sounding news he can rehash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies