U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 01:16 PM

14,310 posts, read 9,069,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Impeachment for what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z02...&feature=share

This.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:16 PM

14,756 posts, read 12,238,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Democrats want to impeach Trump because he won the election against their candidate Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Spin away, lefties. People understand what you want to do and why you want to do it.
That’s basically it. Sour grapes. There’s NO other reason. None!

Impeachment? Lol absolutely ridiculous!

Old 06-09-2019, 01:22 PM

9,390 posts, read 7,191,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm for it. It actually isn't 'impeachment' - that's up to the Senate. It would be the beginning of an 'impeachment investigation'.
just so you've got it correct going forward:

Impeachment = officially charge = House vote

Senate = trial = find guilty

You've probably read headlines and lead paragraphs enough to come to your conclusion. But you haven't learned what "impeachment" is...

Quote:
The House can impeach a president — which is like an indictment — by a simple majority vote. After a trial in the Senate, two-thirds of the upper chamber would have to vote to convict to remove the president
so yes, the Dems, with their majority, can IMPEACH Trump any time that you can all convince Pelosi that it's the politically-right thing to do. Clearly, any DECENT Representative that really felt for the good of the democracy this rose to actually impeachable/remove from office offense would have already done this.

Yet they haven't. How can that be?

If Pelosi and Schumer thought they had Trump dead to rights, and frankly they have a compliant media, then they'd have impeached him with the 51%+ of the House and then force the Senate to find him "not guilty", and you'd run on that.

It really is that simple. If you don't understand that yet, let us know.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Give it up, it's getting tired. Hillary was not our candidate. In the 2016 election there was no one to vote for so if we didn't want Trump we had to vote for her. People who keep harping on her are wasting their energy.

Personally, I do not want to impeach Trump. Investigate, yes. The one good thing he is doing is cracking down on illegals. Other than that, he's a lying con man.
oh my lol - I have indeed read the most comical explanation ever.

A "protest" vote went for Gary Johnson. He had plenty of positions to please either Dems or Pubs who couldn't stand their candidate. And you're claiming that you couldn't stand Hillary.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:54 PM

1,407 posts, read 270,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
There is a growing desire for impeachment proceedings to begin against President Trump, but Americans are still split overall on what to do after the release of the Mueller report, an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll finds.

A slim majority of Americans (52%) want one of the following: to begin impeachment proceedings (22%), to continue investigations into potential political wrongdoing of Trump (25%) or to publicly reprimand him — that is, censure (5%).

Thirty-nine percent say no further action should be taken and that the current investigations should end. That is largely reflective of Trump's base, as Trump maintains a 41% approval rating in the poll. (Trump's approval rating in Marist's polling has never been lower than 35%, which it hit right after the racist violence in Charlottesville, Va., in August 2017; or higher than 43%, which it reached in February 2019 as the unemployment rate dipped below 4%.)

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/08/73069...on-way-forward

Whatever happens to Trump I think it should wait until he’s out of office.
NPR? Might as well cite CNN or MSNBC. They also claimed that Trump made a fool of himself in the UK on DDay. They are delusional.

I'm sure they polled mostly Dem's so of course, it's climbing. Don't forget the polls said HRC would win by 85 points on Nov 8th, on the 9th not so much.

Check this out:
https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/new...mp/1328681001/

THAT'S MICHIGAN - He wins Michigan he wins, period.

Trump's approval rating is also climbing. Next week he should be close to his all-time highs. He is also ahead of Obama at this same point. Over 90% of Republicans approve of him, which is a record. That must scare the snot out of the progressives.

I didn't vote for him last time (Libertarian) but I will this time. There isn't a single Dem I could vote for other than Gabbard, but she is too smart, ethical, smart, logical, and smart to ever be their candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

It certainly is!

Let them impeach away. In the meantime the House Dem's have done absolutely nothing, though they just voted to give themselves a raise. How's that for irony, rewarding themselves for doing nothing?

Last edited by Originalist; 06-09-2019 at 02:08 PM..

Old 06-09-2019, 02:01 PM

8,897 posts, read 2,762,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Impeachment for what?
What rock have you been hiding under? LOL

Old 06-09-2019, 02:12 PM

14,310 posts, read 9,069,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
NPR? Might as well cite CNN or MSNBC. They also claimed that Trump made a fool of himself in the UK on DDay. They are delusional.

I'm sure they polled mostly Dem's so of course, it's climbing. Don't forget the polls said HRC would win by 85 points on Nov 8th, on the 9th not so much.

Check this out:
https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/new...mp/1328681001/

THAT'S MICHIGAN - He wins Michigan he wins, period.

Trump's approval rating is also climbing. Next week he should be close to his all-time highs. He is also ahead of Obama at this same point. Over 90% of Republicans approve of him, which is a record. That must scare the snot out of the progressives.

I didn't vote for him last time (Libertarian) but I will this time. There isn't a single Dem I could vote for other than Gabbard, but she is too smart, ethical, smart, logical, and smart to ever be their candidate.

It certainly is!

Let them impeach away. In the meantime the House Dem's have done absolutely nothing, though they just voted to give themselves a raise. How's that for irony, rewarding themselves for doing nothing?

Watch the FOX NEWS video above that I posted. Trumps ALWAYS making a fool of himself just because your walking out of the room, when he does it makes it no less true.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:20 PM

4,401 posts, read 5,589,217 times
Quote:

No. If Trump had actually obeyed the rule of law, not obstructed, released his taxes, as all other recent candidates have done, not tried to undo the balance of power between the branches of government to become dictatorial, talk of impeachment would not be happening. Many of us would not have liked him being there, because....lots of policy reasons. But there would be no call for impeachment if there were no grounds. He has done so much damage to the rule of law, ignored so many laws and precedents, he has tried to take apart the constitution. I would say that he only likes the 2nd amendment. Other than that, he would like to throw it all out and become king.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:30 PM

8,897 posts, read 2,762,428 times
Quote:

If you think that's the reason, you definitely haven't been keeping up.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
No. If Trump had actually obeyed the rule of law, not obstructed, released his taxes, as all other recent candidates have done, not tried to undo the balance of power between the branches of government to become dictatorial, talk of impeachment would not be happening. Many of us would not have liked him being there, because....lots of policy reasons. But there would be no call for impeachment if there were no grounds. He has done so much damage to the rule of law, ignored so many laws and precedents, he has tried to take apart the constitution. I would say that he only likes the 2nd amendment. Other than that, he would like to throw it all out and become king.

TDS.

the only thing he hasn't done that Obama did is release his tax returns. Which is NOT a law.

If the House wanted to pass a rule that all Presidential candidates had to release them, I do believe that they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies