Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 07:16 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,840,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Whether Trump was involved in the crime of attacking our elections to benefit his campaign is a question yet to be answered.

But whether he was involved or not, obstruction of justice is indeed a crime and an impeachable one.

Just ask Nixon.
Please instruct us as to how President Trump obstructed justice. I'd like to know.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:16 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,063,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I argue the actual movement is to not Impeach is growing in Reality.

House Democrats are set to hold a hearing on ‘presidential obstruction’

Not a hearing on the border crisis.
Not a hearing on improving education.
Not a hearing on lowering healthcare costs

This is embarrassing. Just admit Hillary was a terrible candidate, you lost, and move on!

But DEMs do want to give themselves a pay raise. That's important!

Old 06-10-2019, 07:20 AM

16,909 posts, read 10,580,649 times
I think the Republicans should wait exactly one hour before starting impeachment proceedings after the inauguration of the next democrat president (if we have one).

Old 06-10-2019, 08:35 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Please instruct us as to how President Trump obstructed justice. I'd like to know.
Read the Mueller report. There are several instances. Attempting to obstruct is a crime.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:39 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Q. How are you going to sell that he obstructed... an investigation into something the same report said there was insufficient evidence he did, and appears to have been a setup in the first place?
The case of obstruction seems to center around firing comey.. who was a carryover from the previous administration and obviously hostile. And wanting to dismiss mueller who was conducting a witch hunt the basis of which trump was innocent of. The more you investigate the more its revealed the crimes were committed by democrats and their career govt employee stooges. Comey... Strzok... Page.... those texts were damning.

To think you have a serious obstruction case requires delusions.

This is simply the destruction of democracy, the behavior of democrats since 2016 had been a disgrace. If only the media put 10% of the scrutiny on the clintons they did on trump.... just take Bills half million dollar payday for giving a speech in moscow. WTF was that about can you tell me? And all those clinton foundation donations... just coincidental? The whole Trump witch hunt "we just want to follow the rule of law" makes me want to wretch.
Collusion with russia HA.
Why dont you show the donald having chinese nationals walking into the white house 52 seperate times virtually carrying sacks of cash and checks made out to the DNC. And Trump has his own attorney general look into it and she sees nothing wrong with it. AKA what Trumps opponent Billary did in 1996.
Wretch! Trump is the last great american democrats calling for impeachment arent fit to eat the peanuts out of his morning bowel movement.
I don't have to sell anything. Mueller laid it out in his report. I haven't seen any evidence that it was set up. The first IG report showed there was no proof of criminality with Strzok, Page, et al.

As I've said before, if anyone, Dem or Rep has committed a crime, let them be prosecuted.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:58 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,784,429 times
There is a difference between Impeachment and opening an impeachment hearing. I can agree with an Impeachment hearing only because it makes getting documents easier. A hearing gathers the facts first and then determines if an Impeachment is the way to go.

I'm personally tired of the continued obstruction by Trump and the Repunlican's stone walling and keeping the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from the American people. There is so much redacted information in the Mueller report that needs to see the light of day after the still "robust" grand jury hears it's final case.

Trump is hiding something, and it's serious.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:07 AM

20,088 posts, read 8,991,411 times
what are they waiting to start the impeachment hearings, they have Mueller's report that took 2 years to complete. What's the holdup?

Old 06-10-2019, 10:08 AM

25,544 posts, read 17,244,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
..............A slim majority of Americans (52%) want one of the following: to begin impeachment proceedings (22%), to continue investigations into potential political wrongdoing of Trump (25%) or to publicly reprimand him — that is, censure (5%)..........
Couple of thoughts:
*Sure enough, 22+25+5 = 52%. But 5% only want censure, so only 47% want investigations/impeachment.

*It doesn't matter what "Americans" want. It only matters what "voters" want. And today, Rasmussen, who measures likely voters, reports a 50% approval for Trump.

The "Impeach Trump" movement is a fraud. They know they can't impeach him. They are hoping they can damage him enough so that he won't be reelected. It worked with Hillary. Congress, who has no authority to prosecute, dragged her through the mud so long that she was destroyed. Even then, she darn near won. America got lucky; Hillary lost.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:12 AM

20,088 posts, read 8,991,411 times
Time to Man Up Democrats. Let's get these impeachment hearings underway. You game? The 2020 election is on the line. C'mon, start the hearings!

Old 06-10-2019, 10:16 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,729,401 times
To bad the dems are too busy focusing on trying to oust Trump at every turn instead of running the country! Thankfully I think there are still enough Americans that see through the BS of the democratic party and the majority of the press that we are going to see another 4 years of Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.