U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 09:03 AM

8,024 posts, read 7,302,834 times

Advertisements

From the NPR article:

Quote:
There is a growing desire for impeachment proceedings to begin against President Trump, but Americans are still split overall on what to do after the release of the Mueller report, an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll finds.

A slim majority of Americans (52%) want one of the following: to begin impeachment proceedings (22%), to continue investigations into potential political wrongdoing of Trump (25%) or to publicly reprimand him — that is, censure (5%).
As typical of the US news media propaganda, the headline, the lead paragraph, and subsequent details of how the polling broke out paint very different pictures of the actual information. Only 22 percent want to begin impeachment proceedings without any chargeable offense. Another 25 percent admit that there is no impeachable offense but want to keep looking.

The problem is that the Democrats moved to the far right on national security in the last election in hopes of depriving the Republicans of their main platform issue. Otherwise, they pretty much abandoned core economic and social justice issues they've run on in the past because Trump portrayed himself as an isolationist Republican who eschewed foreign intervention by the US.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:06 AM

1,981 posts, read 2,235,838 times
Hoax News

Old 06-11-2019, 09:09 AM

9,942 posts, read 11,934,279 times
America LOVES Trump!

No Impeachment.

Trump 2020!

Old 06-11-2019, 02:03 PM

1,407 posts, read 270,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
I respect the Office of the President and Commander in Chief. The current person in the Oval office, has not done a single thing to warrant my respect.

The man is in office because of interference from a foreign entity and IMO is an illegal president. For that reason he should be dragged out of the oval office, before anymore damage is done.

RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!

Tell yourself whatever you need to justify the delusion.

The fact is that Obama's NST said the Russians had no impact on the actual vote.

Russia will continue to try influencing the elections just as they have for 30 years.

They'll choose a Dem this time around (Trump has been the hardest on Russia of any President) and you'll be right back to conspiracy theories from the right. You laughed at Romney when he warned of Russia, now you all act as if you were the brains behind it all along.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

You call him "the current person". You are petty and demeaning. Not a patriot, party before country. Ideological partisanship before rational empathy.

All the progs continue to prove my case while trying to sound intelligent. Please continue children.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:17 PM

1,271 posts, read 317,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Yep. Everyone should read the Mueller Report.

Elizabeth Warren summed it up quite succinctly the other night, in a townhall, when she said:

Part one, a hostile foreign government attacked our 2016 elections for the purpose of getting Donald Trump elected. Part two, then-candidate Donald Trump welcomed that help. And part three, when the federal government tried to investigate part one and part two, Donald Trump as president delayed, deflected, moved, fired, and did everything he could to obstruct justice.

In an earlier era, the Mueller Report very likely would have blown a presidency out of the water. The current administration has, from the get-go, intentionally assaulted and undermined trust in our various institutions, democratic norms, previously shared facts and truths and credible journalism.
"He welcomed the help"
Not a crime. There is no evidence he even knew what they were doing. What they did had no effect.

So how will you prove obstruction when he had no reason to obstruct?

How is it obstruction to subvert a witch hunt intended to overturn an election?

Go ahead the more hearings you hold the more democrats will be in orange jumpsuits.

IF NO COLLUSION THEN NO OBSTRUCTION.

Firing a hostile FBI chief is not obstruction.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:23 PM

1,271 posts, read 317,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
I respect the Office of the President and Commander in Chief. The current person in the Oval office, has not done a single thing to warrant my respect.

The man is in office because of interference from a foreign entity and IMO is an illegal president. For that reason he should be dragged out of the oval office, before anymore damage is done.
Thats insane. Show me one american who saw something the russians put on facebook and changed from D to R. YOU may be that weak minded.
Is that your claim? Russian meddling didnt do a thing and if you think it did you just produce the voter they influenced. Let alone hundreds of thousands or a million. Your candidate sucked deal with it.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:15 PM

8,897 posts, read 2,762,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
America LOVES Trump!

No Impeachment.

Trump 2020!
No impeachment as long as the House gets the documents they need for their investigations. Apparently things are progressing quite nicely in that direction. Thank you Speaker Pelosi.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:17 PM

8,897 posts, read 2,762,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
"He welcomed the help"
Not a crime. There is no evidence he even knew what they were doing. What they did had no effect.

So how will you prove obstruction when he had no reason to obstruct?

How is it obstruction to subvert a witch hunt intended to overturn an election?

Go ahead the more hearings you hold the more democrats will be in orange jumpsuits.

IF NO COLLUSION THEN NO OBSTRUCTION.

Firing a hostile FBI chief is not obstruction.
No collusion does not mean no obstruction. Read the report. I know Trump refuses to see what's in it, but that's no excuse for the rest of us.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:22 PM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
There should have been an impeachment sticky made by the mods back when it was first mentioned in December of 2016 around here. (I wish I were joking about that date, I'm not.)

For now the only reason impeachment is still flying around is that there is a democratic primary going on and the candidates have to deal with people that hold out a high level of hope that it will happen, just like the R's had to pretend that the birthers weren't a bunch of dumb-butts.

So, that's it in a nutshell. the D's have to coddle their own segment of birthers until after the primaries with their own chants of "lock him\her up" just like Trump & friends did.

Personally, I find it to be a hillarious parallel.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:29 PM

7,856 posts, read 2,281,458 times
Trump is laughing at the Democrats...so is America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies