Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 10:17 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times

Advertisements

You know it's a losing deal when Nervous Nancy admitted the Demwits have no idea what impeachment is and she actually had to explain that, no, if Trump were impeached he wouldn't be going anywhere. Funny!

I wonder if she will retire soon 'for health reasons'.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:23 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
There is a difference between Impeachment and opening an impeachment hearing. I can agree with an Impeachment hearing only because it makes getting documents easier. A hearing gathers the facts first and then determines if an Impeachment is the way to go.

I'm personally tired of the continued obstruction by Trump and the Repunlican's stone walling and keeping the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from the American people. There is so much redacted information in the Mueller report that needs to see the light of day after the still "robust" grand jury hears it's final case.

Trump is hiding something, and it's serious.

So, trump outsmarted all those FBI agents.....

Gotta love the left, he is either dumb or he is the smartest man ever known.....

Old 06-10-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Yep. Everyone should read the Mueller Report.

Elizabeth Warren summed it up quite succinctly the other night, in a townhall, when she said:

“Part one, a hostile foreign government attacked our 2016 elections for the purpose of getting Donald Trump elected. Part two, then-candidate Donald Trump welcomed that help. And part three, when the federal government tried to investigate part one and part two, Donald Trump as president delayed, deflected, moved, fired, and did everything he could to obstruct justice.”

In an earlier era, the Mueller Report very likely would have blown a presidency out of the water. The current administration has, from the get-go, intentionally assaulted and undermined trust in our various institutions, democratic norms, previously shared facts and truths and credible journalism.

And yet still no impeachment process even starting to begin....

Why??? If it's straight and forward as you say....it should be easy....

Old 06-10-2019, 11:22 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump's 39% base want no further action.

52% of Americans support the rule of law.
Good to here. So lets get on with the investigations into using a foreign agent to provide "dirt" on a political opponent. About using resources of the Federal government to spy on a political campaign. On illegal leaks of classified information to the media. Of lying when applying for a FISA warrant. About "stacking" an investigative team with investigators with a long history of political bias against the subject of the investigation. Agreed-let's support the rule of law.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:49 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Good to here. So lets get on with the investigations into using a foreign agent to provide "dirt" on a political opponent. About using resources of the Federal government to spy on a political campaign. On illegal leaks of classified information to the media. Of lying when applying for a FISA warrant. About "stacking" an investigative team with investigators with a long history of political bias against the subject of the investigation. Agreed-let's support the rule of law.
I for one have no problem with it all coming to light.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
There is a growing desire for impeachment proceedings to begin against President Trump, but Americans are still split overall on what to do after the release of the Mueller report, an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll finds.

A slim majority of Americans (52%) want one of the following: to begin impeachment proceedings (22%), to continue investigations into potential political wrongdoing of Trump (25%) or to publicly reprimand him — that is, censure (5%).

Thirty-nine percent say no further action should be taken and that the current investigations should end. That is largely reflective of Trump's base, as Trump maintains a 41% approval rating in the poll. (Trump's approval rating in Marist's polling has never been lower than 35%, which it hit right after the racist violence in Charlottesville, Va., in August 2017; or higher than 43%, which it reached in February 2019 as the unemployment rate dipped below 4%.)

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/08/73069...on-way-forward

Whatever happens to Trump I think it should wait until he’s out of office.
Evil always wants the power over reality.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:04 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I for one have no problem with it all coming to light.
Me either.

If Republicans got something besides BS conspiracy theories, go with it. Time's a wasting.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Me either.

If Republicans got something besides BS conspiracy theories, go with it. Time's a wasting.

Exactly, time's a wasting....

And of course, congress is going to piece together what 19 lawyers, who knows how many agents, the top 2 agents in the United States, and 2 years, they cold not piece it together....now, congress will fix it...

Old 06-10-2019, 12:23 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Congress put together what Cox couldn't.

Nixon stalled, stonewalled, and BSed his way through Cox's investigation.

Didn't work that well with Congress. I suspect they will do the same with Trump.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:30 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,043 times
NPR? Yeah...I’m not seeing it. If anything it seems like people have lost interest in Mueller and the report since it didn’t drop the bombshells many were hoping for.

If the Dems actually decide to impeach it would have zero real world impact and would only make them look weaker and more foolish than they already look. I think Nancy understands this and instead used the cop out of saying she wants to see him in prison (which she knows will never happen either). In the end the Dems are left with no impeachment or a failed impeachment and no Trump in prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies