U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 09:06 PM

35,260 posts, read 32,214,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Maybe he should have registered the gun

Come on. If he even knew. Millions of people become criminals just by BIG GOVT passing laws. Not everyone is up on the latest stupid BS law passed by someone trying to leave a legacy because they "did something" even if something was dumber than nothing.

There is a huge difference between someone's gun suddenly becoming illegal and entering our country illegally. There is intent and knowledge of breaking the law.

Maybe they shouldn't have passed a stupid law. Criminals could give a flip about these stupid laws. That's just derp.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:19 AM

26,861 posts, read 9,120,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
ELDERLY????? He's 64. Not sure where the line is for "elderly" but clearly its waaay above 64. I have neckties older than that...

He needs to start a GoFundMe page to raise enough $$ to lawyer up.
Each state can have a different age and definition of who is elderly. In Florida at 60 a person can fall under age related laws. The same laws can apply to DISABLED ADULTS at 18 years of age. In some cases it can be a death sentence for the offender or life in prison if a state with no death penalty.

The Federal Gov. has it at 67 if my memory is correct. Almost all states set it lower than that.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...EChapter%20825

Last edited by phma; 06-10-2019 at 02:35 AM..

Old 06-10-2019, 03:52 AM

718 posts, read 294,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
FWIW, just because he was arrested doesn't mean he'll be charged of a crime.

Once he gets his day in court and proves his narrative of self-defense, more than likely the charges will get dropped. This is what often happens in these situations.

Some folks are jumping to conclusions and making a mountain out of a mole hill.
A mountain out of a mole hill... Very interesting that you would said that cuz to me being arrested, fingerprinted, photographed, being placed in the national crime datebase (NCIC) and spending a night or two in jail before bond hearing is something I would take very serious. Plus, he now has to hire an attorney and spend thousands of dollars until it's dropped... If he has to get a public defender, he's screwed since he will wrongfully be "guided" into pleaing out to some lesser charge.

...And no, Justice isn't blind. If you believe that, you're not keeping up with the realities of the real world.

Hopefully, he is able to post a bond to get out of jail. Also, by him being arrested and even if those charges are dropped, it will make it far easier for the two dead criminal family members to sue in a civil court on some BS wrongful death case... Hopefully, it won't go that far and if it does, I'd sue the two dead families for stress, being locked up, property damage and blood clean up.

Yes, I'm sure that those charges will be dismissed cuz I'd take a jury trial on that case. With that said, how fair is it to turn this man's life upside down to make an anti-gun point? Not very fair at all and I hope that this DA is thrown out of office for letting his personal views, on whatever topic, stress an elderly man and his family out.

This is way the country is dividing itself into two camps... Common sense isn't too common anymore.

I'm just glad I no longer live or work in that part of the country anymore... AND!! The State of New York is wondering why people are fleeing that State in large numbers... Again, common sense isn't too common anymore.

Last edited by bergun; 06-10-2019 at 04:05 AM..

Old 06-10-2019, 05:07 AM

10,024 posts, read 8,101,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
McNamara said his office typically prosecutes unregistered guns where the homeowner is present as misdemeanors, and not felonies.

Then why the felony? Oh and I love how its this elderly man's FAULT 2 pieces of scum broke into his house! Unbelievable.
Dincha know, you are supposed to run away thru a window?

Old 06-10-2019, 06:19 AM

37,005 posts, read 16,134,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...inherited-gun/

Wow. Welcome to Marxist New York folks....insanity at its finest!
" and charged him not for any form of homicide, but for illegal possession of a firearm"
The RIGHT of the PEOPLE to KEEP and BEAR ARMS shall NOT be INFRINGED"

It is the hope of many that as the courts get more "Constituionalist" judges, replacing the liberal justice's appointed by the likes of clinton and obama, these gun laws will get overturned.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:26 AM

37,005 posts, read 16,134,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Each state can have a different age and definition of who is elderly. In Florida at 60 a person can fall under age related laws. The same laws can apply to DISABLED ADULTS at 18 years of age. In some cases it can be a death sentence for the offender or life in prison if a state with no death penalty.

The Federal Gov. has it at 67 if my memory is correct. Almost all states set it lower than that.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2008->Chapter 825 : Online Sunshine
"(5) "Elderly person" means a person 60 years of age or older who is suffering from the infirmities of aging as manifested by advanced age or organic brain damage, or other physical, mental, or emotional dysfunctioning, to the extent that the ability of the person to provide adequately for the person's own care or protection is impaired."

So, if you are NOT suffering from any of these things, you are NOT coincided "elderly".

Old 06-10-2019, 06:45 AM

10,123 posts, read 6,332,855 times
I think the worst part of it is that they seized his home. That's absurd.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:50 AM

79,519 posts, read 33,688,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I think the worst part of it is that they seized his home. That's absurd.
They didn't do that because of the shooting/break in.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:29 AM

35,260 posts, read 32,214,843 times
Just look at this:

We lost two wonderful people to gun violence. (LOL)

Two caring loving people (ya, for themselves)

We truly believe they thought the house was unoccupied............said every ****bag burglar

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Fa...510622401.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or