Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 12:18 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I've never understood the argument for a male BC pill from a female perspective.

How many women who are having sex with guys they don't really know would trust, "hey honey, no need for a condom, I'm on the pill?"

Like, zero???

I could see this working for married couples but not anyone else.
The pill isn’t for a woman’s peace of mind, it’s for the males.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Oh I think many men will definitely use it!!

Thats what guys want...lots of casual sex without the inconvenience or risk of a pregnancy!
I support that. I hope they do come up with something as effective as female bc pills. I hope men would take it. It would solve a lot of problems

Old 06-10-2019, 12:33 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Birth control for man is great. a man should make sure his sperm doesn’t impregnate a woman without his intention. it will help millions of men avoid paying unwanted child support and help reduce abortions. The question is if available will they use it? Doubtful imo
why do you doubt it...

I would use it...but I was already fixed back when I turned 50

Old 06-10-2019, 12:48 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Won't stop STDs.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why do you doubt it...

I do think there would be a decent percentage that would use it. The more common place it becomes, more will do so. A great thing. I think like some women, there is a percentage of men who won’t bother, preferring to gamble, thumb their nose at what society norms are.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:24 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why do you doubt it...

Awhile back I did some reading on RISUG and other experimental male BC. The surveys showed that almost half of the men stated they would not use it. Although some of these BC methods have been developed for years (1970) and are patented there hasn't been much progress getting them on the market due to low interest both physically and financially.

Dont you think it odd. Men would definitely benefit, men still control most of the $$$.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the research for the female hormonal bc pill began in 1951, clinical trials began in 1956 and it was approved by FDA as an oral contraceptive by 1960. By 1963 2.3 million were taking it although still illegal in 6 states. And it was largely funded by a woman. It took 13 years from development to market for the female bc pill. For the male bc, almost 50 years and still not on the market.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Won't stop STDs.
Its not meant to. Female bc doesn't stop STDs either thats why people use condoms in addition to......

Old 06-11-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I will bet you money that you'll see some radical feminists screaming that a "male birth control pill" is somehow "misogynistic". Lets face it, we have a not-insignificant number of women that see getting knocked up as a meal plan. Between child support and government handouts-some see it as a way to avoid little things like working for a living. Granted, that is a pretty small percentage, but not non-existent. Good to see that men might have the same access to simple, convenient contraception that women do.
So what? You will always have your small fringe groups no matter what the issue and the only place you will hear them screaming is by searching the internet for their websites and blogs. The real issue is the MRM? Why are they not financing, advocating and pushing for research and marketing. Why aren't they participating in clinical trials. It is men themselves that are preventing the progress of the male bc pill and other forms of male bc. More reliable male bc options would indeed reduce if not prevent any woman looking for getting knocked up as a meal plan. That and men being more discriminating in whom they choose to have sex with.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:12 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You still have to take the pill. Nothing changes the fact that it's still the woman who gets pregnant.
True, but it's the man who may be on the hook for 18-22 years of child support if she decides to keep the baby yet wants nothing else to do with the father.

Good news Scooby!

Old 06-11-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
True, but it's the man who may be on the hook for 18-22 years of child support if she decides to keep the baby yet wants nothing else to do with the father.

Good news Scooby!
And if she does want something to do with the father?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies