U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 03:20 PM

11,122 posts, read 2,753,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Round and round we go. What if she no longer wants this man in her life for any reason at all?
Then use a sperm bank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 04:23 PM

21,534 posts, read 11,611,519 times
Crunch up the pills and put it in the public school lunches.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:43 PM

7,131 posts, read 1,789,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
A male contraceptive pill has passed the initial phase one safety tests in New Orleans. It has demonstrated effectiveness in decreasing sperm count while preserving libido. Good news! Hopefully it will prove safe and effective.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/life...u_QdakiUYeNHr0

Now we just need all who are sexually active to be responsible people. That seems to be the problem not the availability of birth control. And this won't change that much.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:58 PM

20,256 posts, read 12,123,341 times
Rapists n child predators not taking them. But for all itís worth. Condoms are available and even free and ??? How do unwanted pregnancies happen? Ahh raincoat or pill, men not in compliance !

Old 06-12-2019, 11:24 AM

21,920 posts, read 21,729,557 times
Quote:
????? Not sure what your point is. Short of surgical removal of testes or ovaries, no bc method is 100% effective.

We do the best we can.
The point is posters poo pooing the male BC pill because at 28 days it only lowered the sperm count by 99%. Not good enough, they said. Yet that is the same as the female BC pill that apparently is good enough and better than condoms which is good enough.
Yeah, my point is no method is 100%.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Now we just need all who are sexually active to be responsible people. That seems to be the problem not the availability of birth control. And this won't change that much.
But wouldn't it double the chances of NOT having an unwanted pregnancy if both parties had access to a bc pill of equal effectiveness?

Old 06-12-2019, 11:44 AM

998 posts, read 172,154 times
Who are we kidding, every parent with a popular male son will buy this stuff by the pallet. I am not joking when I say that I have been asked by hundreds of parents if a male BC pill was coming, because they know it’s the teen boys who are reckless with conforms and other forms.

In other words teen boys who are in the moment do not think with the right head.

How many male teens have you seen wanting to have a child? Exactly

Old 06-12-2019, 11:52 AM

18,268 posts, read 8,222,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
But wouldn't it double the chances of NOT having an unwanted pregnancy if both parties had access to a bc pill of equal effectiveness?
Using both would definitely help. But that still would not result in a complete 100% elimination of unwanted pregnancy.

And of course that would nothing at all for birth defects or pregnancy complications or rape/incest.

As I said above, no matter how low we can drive pregnancy rates or spontaneous abortion rates or elective abortion rates, I can imagine no scenario in which the abortion debate will go away completely. We will still be asking the same questions.

Hence the idea that abortion should be safe, legal, and rare. And BTW, abortion shouldn't be rare because it is heavily restricted. Abortion should be rare because we, as a society, commit fully to making sure that every step of the way from child to mother to new child is as safe as we can make it. Focussing on abortion is much easier than grappling with all the underlying issues.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Who are we kidding, every parent with a popular male son will buy this stuff by the pallet. I am not joking when I say that I have been asked by hundreds of parents if a male BC pill was coming, because they know itís the teen boys who are reckless with conforms and other forms.

In other words teen boys who are in the moment do not think with the right head.

How many male teens have you seen wanting to have a child? Exactly
I have two grown sons and two grandsons. If a male bc pill had been available I would definitely had my sons on it and would encourage my grandsons to take it.

I made sure my sons, my teen brother and his friends before them, had access to condoms. My oldest son's girlfriend did get pregnant when they were 20 but I would bet the farm it was intentional on her part as she was living with us for 2 years (otherwise homeless) and they were having relationship problems. She got pregnant with the second 4 years later in the exact circumstances (separated and homeless). If he'd had the pill he would not have relied on her contraceptives and condoms. If they used them at this point. I stopped using them when I married.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Using both would definitely help. But that still would not result in a complete 100% elimination of unwanted pregnancy.

And of course that would nothing at all for birth defects or pregnancy complications or rape/incest.

As I said above, no matter how low we can drive pregnancy rates or spontaneous abortion rates or elective abortion rates, I can imagine no scenario in which the abortion debate will go away completely. We will still be asking the same questions.
Has anyone suggested this or any measure would drive the abortion rate or unwanted pregnancy rate to 0?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or