U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 10:13 AM

21,660 posts, read 11,123,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicCarFamily View Post
In central america Honduras and El Salvador are full of violence. There is either the rich or the poor no inbetween. The poor neighborhoods are full of gang violence with murders on the rise consistently. Most children do not finish school due to getting involved in gangs or parents keeping them home in fear of the gangs recruiting or murdering their children. The poor are the ones fleeing. They send over their children to awaiting relatives in the states or on their own. Sometimes the whole family unit leaves. I don't know what the answer is for immigration but I don't think it should be a political tool but both parties really need to come together on this. Do we need US intervention in Honduras? Do we need to send our military over there to get the violence in control, do we need to manage more resources we send their perhaps making sure the money is being used for the charities that are trying to help these families so they can stay in their own countries? It is so corrupt in those countries that the money the US sends to these countries is not being used properly. Then illegal immigrants are coming over the border and not assimilating properly. They aren't learning English because we cater to their language. If you ever have a chance to go to Coachella Valley in the Palm Desert area of CA in towns like Mecca are just like going into an impoverished part of Mexico. These immigrants need to be assimilated properly-we cannot absorb the numbers coming in either. This is going to create a rich and poor class in the US with no more middle class if taxes become to high to afford all the immigrants coming in masses. I don't know the answers but what is going on now is a crisis no matter what the news or some others say. We cannot even take care of our own legal seniors and homeless now let alone add more problems. CA also wants to give the middle class based on a certain income $100 a month towards insurance. How will that state afford all these services without heavy taxation. There was talk of taxing water but I don't think that passed. What a huge mess this is.
The gangs are coming over here and will kill over here.. is that the answer?

Old 06-11-2019, 10:20 AM

2,049 posts, read 862,636 times
But didn't Pilate's soldiers carry out the execution? Wasn't INRI a sarcastic taunt and warning against becoming a rabble rousing leader of the Jews, opposing the Jewish hierarchy and Roman occupation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Actually, Pilate found no fault. Jewish hierarchy found him to be a problem and wanted him gone. Pilate washed his hands of the whole mess not wanting another Jewish riot which were apparently common at the time.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:24 AM

830 posts, read 1,107,134 times
I hope that the legal immigrants and citizens of California wake up and realize how extreme your state government has become. It's obvious that they value illegals and their votes(yes its been admitted that they are voting and have more democrat seats as a result) as a tool to gain power and control, while disregarding your safety and economic security.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM

12,687 posts, read 3,222,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
This isn't a swipe at Trump, it's a swipe at the taxpayer who will be picking up the tab for the illegals health care.

Whatever, most of those still in California are okay with it I guess. They get what they deserve. I do feel bad for those who are stuck there and can't afford to leave.
Ironic, don't you think?

This thread goes on and on about migrants trying to escape the problems of violence and poverty in their country, California an obvious likely destination, while at the same time there are people who feel bad for those "stuck" in California, because they "can't afford to leave?"

Never mind there are some 40 million people who live in California, with an economy/GDP second to none in the country, among the top 10 largest economies in the world, also among the top 10 states in terms of per capita income, tourism, real estate values, top universities (including 3 of the top 5 public universities in the country), arguably the most diverse state in America, best weather, beautiful beaches, farm lands, mountains, deserts, rivers, lakes, big cities, quaint small towns, open spaces -- you name it!

Sure there are problems that go with all the above too. One of the biggest is the congestion in the larger urban areas that sure doesn't seem to suggest people are "leaving for greener pastures." Not enough anyway! Because they can't? This too ironic given all the complaints from other states about Californians who "cash in" on the sale of their California homes and move to other states were real estate and cost of living is cheaper (also for obvious reasons).

Not really ironic actually. Just the typical way of looking at things in classic biased fashion. Human nature. Everyone hates to look at how the grass may be greener somewhere else when picking away at the weeds makes us feel better. Another irony of sorts is the simple fact that the majority of Californians simply reject the agenda pushed by the GOP. Of course we all know what happens when we're essentially relegated to two choices and one stinks. For most Californians, migrants don't stink like they do for lots of conservatives, legal or illegal, but Trump tends to stink really bad.

There's more the reality about what makes California different from the rest of America in many variety of ways, but these threads are not very good at seeing the "forest for the trees." A balanced perspective in this forum is about as rare as the white rhino.

Right. Back to California bashing! Hopefully all the hard work along those lines will cause more people to leave and/or not come in the first place. We can certainly use a little less traffic in the urban areas and lower real estate values too (except when it comes time to sell of course).

Last edited by LearnMe; 06-11-2019 at 11:29 AM..

Old 06-11-2019, 11:26 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,077,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
But didn't Pilate's soldiers carry out the execution? Wasn't INRI a sarcastic taunt and warning against becoming a rabble rousing leader of the Jews, opposing the Jewish hierarchy and Roman occupation?
Yes. The scourging likely just about killed him before he even was put on the cross. All of this done Roman soldiers. By washing his hands I mean Pilate let the Jewish Hierarchy have their way to placate them. Jesus was not a fan of Jewish Hierarchy of the time. Check the wiki on Pilate for the non biblical sourcing for the social upheaval during the time.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:29 AM

36,802 posts, read 16,362,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I hope that the legal immigrants and citizens of California wake up and realize how extreme your state government has become. It's obvious that they value illegals and their votes(yes its been admitted that they are voting and have more democrat seats as a result) as a tool to gain power and control, while disregarding your safety and economic security.
We already know it and are feeling it however, we are way outnumbered by the liberals in our state.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:17 PM

191 posts, read 140,048 times
I am not CA bashing it does have great weather and there are lots of pretty areas but just saying that I don't know how CA will afford the healthcare for the illegal immigrants age 19=25 and I read there is talk of also possibly covering the illegals 65 yrs and older as well plus giving the middle class families qualified by income $100 a month towards medical as well without raising taxes in someway. What about housing for the expected amount of illegals that may want to reside in CA between now and Jan 1, 2020 when the illegal immigrant healthcare if passed will become effective? Rent is already an issue right now per the news saying it is so high in a lot of areas especially Orange County, LA. Wouldn't the promise of free healthcare also encourage more illegal immigration into CA as well? How many people can the state afford to cover and how much overcrowding will follow including traffic/housing and strains on other resources? Has the state of CA anticipated this? Also this just doesn't affect Californians but all taxpayers all across the US who will be paying part of the bill as well. Which 2020 candidates have addressed this and who do you support? I don't rely on TV polls but just curious on what 2020 candidates you support and their ideas on border control or if you are a supporter of open borders then why?

Old 06-11-2019, 12:24 PM

11,400 posts, read 18,603,087 times
In the upcoming democratic party debates for president someone should ask the candidates a flat open question

"California is giving free healthcare to illegal immigrants, do you support this yes or no?"

And see what they say, doubt they will ask them that though.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:26 PM

12,687 posts, read 3,222,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicCarFamily View Post
I am not CA bashing it does have great weather and there are lots of pretty areas but just saying that I don't know how CA will afford the healthcare for the illegal immigrants age 19=25 and I read there is talk of also possibly covering the illegals 65 yrs and older as well plus giving the middle class families qualified by income $100 a month towards medical as well without raising taxes in someway. What about housing for the expected amount of illegals that may want to reside in CA between now and Jan 1, 2020 when the illegal immigrant healthcare if passed will become effective? Rent is already an issue right now per the news saying it is so high in a lot of areas especially Orange County, LA. Wouldn't the promise of free healthcare also encourage more illegal immigration into CA as well? How many people can the state afford to cover and how much overcrowding will follow including traffic/housing and strains on other resources? Has the state of CA anticipated this? Also this just doesn't affect Californians but all taxpayers all across the US who will be paying part of the bill as well. Which 2020 candidates have addressed this and who do you support? I don't rely on TV polls but just curious on what 2020 candidates you support and their ideas on border control or if you are a supporter of open borders then why?
Again...

The question is really not how to afford the cost of healthcare for illegal immigrants 19 to 25 years old as if there is no cost either way. The question is how to better address the cost of providing medical attention for sick people whether they have health care coverage or not.

Immigration reform. Sure, but once a sick person who IS in this country requires medical attention, there is a cost associated with providing that attention whether the person is insured or not.

IOWs, it isn't as if NOT providing medical insurance coverage comes without a cost as well. Not unless medical providers throw sick people to the curb if they don't have medical insurance. Just doesn't work that way...

Old 06-11-2019, 01:17 PM

191 posts, read 140,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Again...

The question is really not how to afford the cost of healthcare for illegal immigrants 19 to 25 years old as if there is no cost either way. The question is how to better address the cost of providing medical attention for sick people whether they have health care coverage or not.

Immigration reform. Sure, but once a sick person who IS in this country requires medical attention, there is a cost associated with providing that attention whether the person is insured or not.

IOWs, it isn't as if NOT providing medical insurance coverage comes without a cost as well. Not unless medical providers throw sick people to the curb if they don't have medical insurance. Just doesn't work that way...
So are you saying we should be leaning toward universal healthcare for all in the US such as in Thailand that covers undocumented migrants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies