U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 04:58 AM

9,910 posts, read 8,066,675 times

Advertisements

Isnt Medicaid partly fed funded? IE is the rest of the country funding this?

Old 06-10-2019, 05:02 AM

31,980 posts, read 36,604,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Good. Hopefully more illegals will move from Texas to California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Californians will continue voting for people who will raise their taxes.

They deserve what they ask for.

Let them wallow in ridiculous taxes.
IDK Pedro... I think I'd rather have the Illegals here than the Liberals who flee CA for TX and come here to screw up our great State.

It would be OK if they'd remember what caused their problems and understand why we're not CA.
But their memories are short or non existent.

Typical liberal....I love you just the way you are, now change.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:49 AM

253 posts, read 131,722 times
So they sold this on the premise that everyone should have healthcare. But they are going to tax people that don't have healthcare to help pay for it. Incredible.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:09 AM

9,910 posts, read 8,066,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Partly? It is mostly funded by the fed...

My point is CA is being generous with other states money. IE it is a terrible idea on 2 fronts.
1) Funding illegals at all.
2) Funding illegals subsidized by the feds. (IE the rest of the country)

Old 06-10-2019, 06:15 AM

7,811 posts, read 2,272,799 times
this is a great idea. Illegals from all over the US need to have this information so they can make decisions that are best for their families. I would expect large numbers of illegals from all over the country to do the right thing and bring their families to California. Just raise taxes and giterdone!

Old 06-10-2019, 06:16 AM

36,748 posts, read 16,345,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
As was stated previously, Californians got what they voted for. The state is on it's way to becoming another Third-world cesspool.
I live in So. Calif. and I would never vote for a Democrat. I voted for Newsom's adversary but alas we conservatives are way out numbered by the liberal left. I see more and more homeless in our state and the city I live in. If I were younger I'd get the hell out of here. We have the largest number of illegal aliens than any other state living here. My family moved here back when Calif. was truly the Golden State but now in many places it's a garbage ghetto. It so saddens me to see what has happened to this once beautiful state.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:24 AM

7,811 posts, read 2,272,799 times
eventually California's largest companies will pull out - Wells Fargo - Oracle - Apple - Intel and leave the state.

1,800 companies either relocated or "disinvested" in the formerly Golden State in 2016. This exodus will only grow.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:31 AM

10,936 posts, read 10,181,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Partly? It is mostly funded by the fed...

The federal government matches the costs of the state for medicaid recipients 50/50. But the ACA expanded the eligibility for medicaid so that people who made “too much” money before the ACA are now eligible.

The ACA required the federal government to pay 100% of those newly eligible participants during the first year. Then 95% the next year. I’m not sure what percentage it is at now, but I remember reading once that the government was going to postpone the decrease. Not sure if it ever happened.

Also, you have the children treated under the medicaid CHIP program, who get 88% federal funding.

So, yes, we are all paying for this.

California already has 13 million people on medicaid. That is 1/3 of the state’s population. I can only imagine how many more will be covered if it is opened up to illegal aliens.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:32 AM

12,204 posts, read 6,938,149 times
considering 63% of medi-cal funding for low income California residents comes from nationwide federal taxpayers, this new California law to cover health care for illegals would affect all American taxpayers.

do American taxpayers in Arizona or iowa want their federal tax dollars used to pay for healthcare for illegals in calilfornia or for American taxpayers in every state who need financial help and are struggling with their own healthcare bills and premiums?

https://www.chcf.org/wp-content/uplo...getProcess.pdf

it is against federal laws for illegals to receive government benefits!

I don't care if Californians want to cover illegals' healthcare with their state tax dollars, but I want my federal tax dollars used to help fellow americans....god knows many americans are struggling with paying for their ever increasing healthcare premiums and medical bills.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-10-2019 at 07:43 AM..

Old 06-10-2019, 06:34 AM

3,322 posts, read 642,373 times
This shows the leftist thinking - and why Trump will win. They have thousands of homeless Amsricans, sleeping and sh!tting on the sidewalks, and the crazed, delusional leftist is going to spend taxpayer money providing benefits to illegal aliens.

Also, I've asked this before but didn't get an answer: I thought it was a crime for a politician to encourage someone to break the law. Why isn't this viewed as a Democrat governor trying to encourage foreigners to violate immigration law via promises of American taxpayer benefits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies