U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-10-2019, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,429 posts, read 15,421,970 times
Reputation: 11362

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
This shows the leftist thinking - and why Trump win. They have thousands of homeless Amsricans, sleeping and sh!tting on the sidewalks, and the crazed, delusional leftist is going to spend taxpayer money providing benefits to illegal aliens.

Also, I've asked this before but didn't get an answer: I thought it was a crime for a politician to encourage someone to break the law. Why isn't this viewed as a Democrat governor trying to encourage foreigners to violate immigration law via promises of American taxpayer benefits?
Good post.

Actually, it's a crime to be conservative for many. However, there are no laws in the books that they can use to convict people simply as conservatives - so they just make stuff up on the fly.

Liberals don't commit any crimes because they are liberals and the laws don't apply to them.

 
Old 06-10-2019, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
27,480 posts, read 17,613,967 times
Reputation: 15582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Partly? It is mostly funded by the fed...

I think that leaves no choice-slash all federal funding for Medicaid to California. There is no reason to spend federal taxpayer's money on benefits for foreign criminals.
 
Old 06-10-2019, 06:54 AM
 
51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Reputation: 32364
A couple thoughts:

1) It's much easier to qualify for this healthcare as low income when you don't report most of your income because you work cash jobs.

2) Imagine a US citizen couple making 70k a year in reported income struggling with their non-subsidized healthcare costs...and their neighbors (illegal) making a little less but a lot less reported getting subsidized healthcare paid in part by their neighbors.
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:04 AM
 
3,315 posts, read 640,659 times
Reputation: 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A couple thoughts:

1) It's much easier to qualify for this healthcare as low income when you don't report most of your income because you work cash jobs.

2) Imagine a US citizen couple making 70k a year in reported income struggling with their non-subsidized healthcare costs...and their neighbors (illegal) making a little less but a lot less reported getting subsidized healthcare paid in part by their neighbors.
It can actually be worse: an illegal can be earning MORE money than a law-abiding citizen, but because so much is under the table, he gets subsidized health care courtesy of the American taxpayer earning less and struggling with expensive health insurance.

Where I live, we have a lot of illegals in a nearby town, and they congregate in a pick-up spot every morning to get under-the-table day work. It's been reported that some of them get as much as $20/hr, which would be $40,000 a year - tax free. In order for an honest person to net $40k, he'd have to earn $50k - which means he's over the $48,000 cap for subsidized care.

P.S. ICE raided the pick-up spot about a year ago, and the affluent liberals were enraged by it.
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:09 AM
 
Location: USA
17,599 posts, read 8,827,681 times
Reputation: 13132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I don't believe in Jesus, but if I did....now would be a good time for him to come back and save us from leftists.
I'd convert to Judaism if it would help save us from Leftists.

I like a good brisket.
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:21 AM
 
3,315 posts, read 640,659 times
Reputation: 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I'd convert to Judaism if it would help save us from Leftists.

I like a good brisket.
Hah! You should have come celebrate Shavous with me yesterday. After services, we had a delectable dairy brunch - with way too much cheesecake and ice cream for dessert!

BTW, you probably already know this, but the more observant Jews vote Republican. It's the secular Jews who are liberal.
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:26 AM
 
Location: USA
17,599 posts, read 8,827,681 times
Reputation: 13132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Hah! You should have come celebrate Shavous with me yesterday. After services, we had a delectable dairy brunch - with way too much cheesecake and ice cream for dessert!

BTW, you probably already know this, but the more observant Jews vote Republican. It's the secular Jews who are liberal.
Yum! Unfortunately, it seems many if not most American Jews are Secular Progressive. My Jewish friends whom are relatively conservative, and attend services even comment on that. We have mutual friends that come over form Israel to visit every year that just roll their eyes.
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:32 AM
 
3,315 posts, read 640,659 times
Reputation: 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yum! Unfortunately, it seems many if not most American Jews are Secular Progressive. My Jewish friends whom are relatively conservative, and attend services even comment on that. We have mutual friends that come over form Israel to visit every year that just roll their eyes.
Yup, that's the problem. Liberals love to point out that Jews mostly vote Democrat, but they ignore that the ones who take their Judaism and its values most seriously vote Republican. The unfortunate thing is that most Jews are Reform, so that's why most Jews vote Democrat. (The most far-left Jew I know goes to the office on Yom KIppur and enjoys a full lunch.)
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:36 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
11,147 posts, read 6,500,353 times
Reputation: 10742
Good. Maybe all the illegals will migrate over there.
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:43 AM
 
Location: San Diego
35,135 posts, read 32,118,924 times
Reputation: 19658
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
this is a great idea. Illegals from all over the US need to have this information so they can make decisions that are best for their families. I would expect large numbers of illegals from all over the country to do the right thing and bring their families to California. Just raise taxes and giterdone!
I have one year left to get my oldest out of HS and I'm done. Ba bye California politic lunacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top