U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 08:57 AM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,290 posts, read 14,028,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Indeed. Because those federal funds are needed to assist those Red states that need all the federal assistance. 9 of the 10 biggest takers are red states.
California is one of the biggest takers....California receives more federal funding than they send to the federal coffers

Old 06-10-2019, 08:58 AM

11,047 posts, read 4,855,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yes, I can understand how it can vary and definitely can earn a lot more than that as those guys aren't working 40hr/weeks.

I'd suggest to you and others that if you have a complaint about how the laws are functioning that you leave out stuff about "liberals" and other political divides. Just make your case along policy points.

That serves to keep from tuning out moderates whom roll their eyes and stop listening given that a lot of information about "libs and cons" from the other side is often untruthful and not worth wasting time on. Additionally, there may be some of those "liberals" that agree with you on a policy point, but not when you start drawing us\them lines.
Thank you. I'm one of the liberals that have a real problem with illegal immigrants being not only tolerated, but practically worshipped in California. I always vote against anyone who would support illegals, which means I generally tend to vote conservative in California.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:03 AM

7,131 posts, read 9,898,127 times
Quote:
Indeed. Because those federal funds are needed to assist those Red states that need all the federal assistance. 9 of the 10 biggest takers are red states.
I have been wondering about this. Most of the Blue states are wealthy. But historically these states like New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey and I believe California, used to be moderate or even Red states.

Perhaps the very wealth of these states allows the Party, if it gets power, to find ways to use tax dollars to buy votes. Buy enough votes and you can flip a state to blue. Thus the very wealth of these states is a long term disadvantage to them as they gradually become highly taxed one party states.

This proposal, using tax money and giving it to non-citizens in order to please a fringe base, is a good example of this vote buying.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:57 AM

51,858 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Quote:
That claim has been thoroughly debunked many times here.

I've also debunked it when it rightwingers trying to use red\blue to attack "blue states".

Use your search function, go back about 2 years and I did something like a 10 point list of the major flaws in the claim from both statistical and economic standpoints.

Some of the short version big errors are:
-The assumption that the democrats and repubs in a state all contribute equally to federal tax coffers or crime or whatever idiocy red vs. blue faux analysis are targeting.

-Shared economic goods like military bases, nuclear waste depositories, Indian reservations, interstate highways etc. are somehow "free money" to rural "red" states.

-How they assign crop program $$$$ as well as corporate taxes is grossly flawed too.

There are more, you can learn A LOT of neat concepts by digging into these fyi.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:04 AM

26,580 posts, read 9,046,557 times
I see it more as an F U to citizens than a swipe at Trump.

It doesn't hurt Trump one bit !!! It should help get him reelected !!!

Old 06-10-2019, 10:19 AM

187 posts, read 139,553 times
Medicaid which will fund the cost of the illegal immigrant 19-25 yr old health coverage is funded equally by State and Federal funds. So part of the cost is paid for by American tax payers. So it doesn't matter which state you are in you will be funding part of this coverage for illegal immigrants child(ren). The bill is expected to pass in California this week. If I was illegal and had children that needed medical care I would head to California for sure especially if I had a child with an ongoing health problem. The CA state senate had also put forward a proposal to cover illegals 65 yrs and older. Half of the states illegal immigrants I read qualify for the free coverage.
the vagrant population is getting worse in CA as well. They trash where they reside creating problems of disease (Typhoid), rodents, drug issues, mental health issues, crime.
Next is open borders. This is a new world starting in CA and will be knocking at your door in other states sooner or later. Its not just in CA folks it will be coming your way soon too. And illegals are not just from Mexico they are from all over the world too.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:42 AM

11,392 posts, read 18,596,467 times
What? This is suppose to be surprising? If they had complete control on a federal level they would do it also. So go ahead and vote in your social justice progressive liberal warriors.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:56 AM

4,111 posts, read 2,000,352 times
What's the endgame here? I gave up smoking pot 40 years ago and live on the east coast so don't understand the mindset of folks from CA. Is this a "buy dem votes" plan or something else? Is there a nefarious plan to break CA financially and weaken it so it can be taken over by a foreign power? Maybe a dem strategist can chime in...

Old 06-10-2019, 11:00 AM

22,491 posts, read 11,581,681 times
Another reason we must stick with the electoral college is California would probably give illegals voting rights.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:02 AM

11,425 posts, read 8,426,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
IDK Pedro... I think I'd rather have the Illegals here than the Liberals who flee CA for TX and come here to screw up our great State.

It would be OK if they'd remember what caused their problems and understand why we're not CA.
But their memories are short or non existent.

Typical liberal....I love you just the way you are, now change.
Don't bet the rent money. Real California liberals would never move to Texas. Sounds like something my niece would support.

She has been offered great jobs in Texas, great salary. She said she would never move to Texas for any amount of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies