Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 07:47 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Newsom has to be one of the biggest scumbags alive.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...migrants-trump
Wow, California has really gone beyond stupid. The politicians in Sacramento actually make the politicians in Albany look moderate and rational. Who would have thought?

I can see it already. Taxing working people and giving it to non-working people who should not even be in the country. This is a game changer for the 2020 election. Big time.

Last edited by LINative; 06-10-2019 at 08:50 AM..

Old 06-10-2019, 07:50 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Wow, California has really gone beyond stupid. The politicians in Sacramento actually make the politicians in Albany look moderate and rational. Who would have thought?

I can see it already. Taxing working people and giving it to non-working people who should not even be in the country. This is a game changer for the 2020 election. Big time.
It is beyond stupid. It is CRIMINAL. The Democrats must live in Upside Down Bizarro Land. They blatantly want to change the demographics of the U.S. to install One Party Democrat rule which will be Totalitarian in nature.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:52 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It can actually be worse: an illegal can be earning MORE money than a law-abiding citizen, but because so much is under the table, he gets subsidized health care courtesy of the American taxpayer earning less and struggling with expensive health insurance.

Where I live, we have a lot of illegals in a nearby town, and they congregate in a pick-up spot every morning to get under-the-table day work. It's been reported that some of them get as much as $20/hr, which would be $40,000 a year - tax free. In order for an honest person to net $40k, he'd have to earn $50k - which means he's over the $48,000 cap for subsidized care.

P.S. ICE raided the pick-up spot about a year ago, and the affluent liberals were enraged by it.
Yes, I can understand how it can vary and definitely can earn a lot more than that as those guys aren't working 40hr/weeks.

I'd suggest to you and others that if you have a complaint about how the laws are functioning that you leave out stuff about "liberals" and other political divides. Just make your case along policy points.

That serves to keep from tuning out moderates whom roll their eyes and stop listening given that a lot of information about "libs and cons" from the other side is often untruthful and not worth wasting time on. Additionally, there may be some of those "liberals" that agree with you on a policy point, but not when you start drawing us\them lines.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:02 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Why would you wish that on people? Even in California, there is a significant percentage of the population that votes against excessive taxes and big government.
To me, it is like when people in other countries scream, "Death to America." Nobody EVER brings up states with no power like Arkansas. It seems every other posting here is bashing California. Hardly any other states get any love except for the North Dakota lover on here. LOL

California is projected to have a $21.5 billion surplus this year. That surplus is much bigger than most states annual budgets.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:04 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yes, I can understand how it can vary and definitely can earn a lot more than that as those guys aren't working 40hr/weeks.

I'd suggest to you and others that if you have a complaint about how the laws are functioning that you leave out stuff about "liberals" and other political divides. Just make your case along policy points.

That serves to keep from tuning out moderates whom roll their eyes and stop listening given that a lot of information about "libs and cons" from the other side is often untruthful and not worth wasting time on. Additionally, there may be some of those "liberals" that agree with you on a policy point, but not when you start drawing us\them lines.
Point taken. I need to stop calling these lunatics "liberals" - I'll use the rather arrogant term they've assigned themselves: "progressives."

Old 06-10-2019, 08:07 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
To me, it is like when people in other countries scream, "Death to America." Nobody EVER brings up states with no power like Arkansas. It seems every other posting here is bashing California. Hardly any other states get any love except for the North Dakota lover on here. LOL

California is projected to have a $21.5 billion surplus this year. That surplus is much bigger than most states annual budgets.
LIke this progressive ^^^.

Riddle me this: if California has a surplus of $21 billion, why aren't they using money to give homeless Americans a place to crap instead of incentivizing more illegals to come to their state? Why do they, and you, care more about illegals than Americans?

Old 06-10-2019, 08:15 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,102 times
Quote:

Riddle me this: if California has a surplus of $21 billion, why aren't they using money to give homeless Americans a place to crap instead of incentivizing more illegals to come to their state? Why do they, and you, care more about illegals than Americans?
I'm a moderate silly.

You look up and find out what California is doing for the homeless--if you really care, which I doubt. This bill would help around 90,00 people between the ages of 19 and 25 at a cost of $98 million per year. It hasn't passed yet. Save your anger for when it does or maybe it doesn't. Shrug...

Old 06-10-2019, 08:17 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:

That is simple. They are DREAMERS and the direct descendants of Illegal Aliens and one way or another benefit directly from this. It is the largest new demographic to CA and that's what they are targeting.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:

That's not a real surplus. They are broke, and in debt, and use creative accounting to show a "surplus" they do not actually have. The Democrats want Illegals to keep or get them into power. That is all. It is a national initiative to gain one party Democrat rule. It's working.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I'm a moderate silly.
That's the funniest thing I have read here in a while. At least you come by your indoctrination honestly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies