U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 09:08 AM

21,509 posts, read 14,408,525 times

Advertisements

A candidate's perceived health is the new thing to weaponize for 2020.

I fully expect Trump, Biden, Warren, Sanders, and anyone over 50 is going to be hit with a lot of speculation over their health this election. It's an easy and cheap bomb to toss at the other side.

Digging up old girlfriends/boyfriends, past alcoholic episodes, financial scandals and the like just don't have the impact they once enjoyed. So now, it's age.

I also think it shows the frustration of seeing the same old, same old, time after time being offered up as candidates. The GOP shook out it's geezers during the Obama administration, so now it seems to be the Democrat's turn to shake their geezers out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 11:06 AM

343 posts, read 444,441 times
and the smear campaign starts.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:09 AM

15,253 posts, read 8,556,682 times
Trump is so feeble he won't walk 100 yards when all other leaders are doing so - he's gotta have his own golf cart! Guess he feels most at home there, and no wonder.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:16 PM

8,878 posts, read 7,982,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Re Biden:

After reading the above Daily Beast story, about FNC supposedly pushing rumors about Joe Biden's health (the Kennedy quote seems to indicate it's the other Democrat candidates' campaigns doing it to take him down), I got to thinking. Trump is the Energizer Bunny and Bernie Sanders seems to have a lot of vitality, too. But Biden seems feeble in comparison to those two. I just looked up the ages of the 3 men:

Bernie Sanders 77
Donald Trump 73 this week
Joe Biden 76

Without basing your opinion on what each stands for and whether you agree or disagree with any of them, would you say that Biden looks physically weak and is not as sharp in comparison to those other two 70+ year olds in their public appearances? I say "public appearances" because that's what we have to base it on with our own two eyes and ears rather than some media type's opinion.

I think Biden's on top now due to name recognition with the average Democrat voter (as opposed to what he's saying or stands for) just like Jeb Bush was on top, followed by Scott Walker, at this time in the polling in 2015. Trump (declared his candidacy on June 16, 2015) wasn't even in the race, yet.

Of course he's feeble!

I bet if he gets elected he'll need to have several hours a day left as unscheduled - let's call it "executive" - time and I further bet he'll spend nearly 30% of his time at some sort of resort or vacation spot.

We absolutely cannot afford to have a President like that. Right?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:05 AM

34,667 posts, read 29,022,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
cannot, or does not?

there is a difference. it's up to you he cannot.
Please don't pretend he's in good shape. That's just funny.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:34 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 26 days ago)

8,736 posts, read 10,859,792 times
Trump has obvious mental health issues even to the very untrained eye so if Biden is a bit whatever it doesn't matter to many people relative to the loony tune. Each Dem candidate is imperfect, but looks pretty good relative to T.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:26 AM

26,865 posts, read 19,103,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Please don't pretend he's in good shape. That's just funny.
i didn't say anything about him being in good shape. i questioned your statement about his inability to walk short distances.

which you ignored, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or