U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 01:21 PM

11,591 posts, read 4,907,099 times

Advertisements

I read this elsewhere, but it's about as true as it gets:

“...because after 40 years of systematically defunding education (& etc.), and a steady diet of partisan propaganda designed to drive different “wedge” issues into the populace, thus making them easier to control, there will always be a disturbingly large portion of the populace that is happy to see **** burn, so long as the “other” group they’ve been brainwashed into hating suffers more. “

That goes for both the left and the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 01:34 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,095,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is so far off the mark, it's hysterical that you would say you "know". No, you don't know.
What's wrong about what I posted? Trump's slogan is "Make America Great Again." When was it great?

And why shouldn't I know? I spent approximately 30 years in Christian fundamentalism, the backbone of Trumpism. I voted Republican in every national election from 2004 until 2016 because I felt that's what God required and that I would go to hell for supporting a pro-gay or pro-abortion candidate if I voted for the Democrats.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:38 PM

9,902 posts, read 8,063,496 times
Neither side's partisans understand the other partisans.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:01 PM

34,546 posts, read 28,939,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
As the libs try to figure out Trump and are becoming increasingly deranged they prove the premise. The Trump base runs in the background untouched by the lamestream media and the imitation wonks in print media as well. The major failure of conservatism so far is our failure to put arch constitutionalists/patriots in the educational pipeline in the 60's when leftist nut cases were everywhere. They have now harvested a crop of witless snowflakes who are twisted in every way. Eco freaks and tree huggers who get a sense of worth from recycling, rather than understanding the brilliance of our founding fathers and the constitution. As the USA was setup to prosper with self sustaining capitalist citizens who don't need to rely on government, it's probably not going to end well.
Nah... that's really not true. There are plenty of liberal, progressive people in this country who have spent a LOT of time around conservatives.

We know exactly how they think.

There are, however, plenty of cons who know how liberals think because those cons used to be more open minded before they got so set in their ways.

Also... there are plenty who THINK they know what the "libs" are like because they watch it on Fox News or the like.

Which isn't really the truth.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:13 PM

14,171 posts, read 6,415,927 times
Quote:
As the libs try to figure out Trump and are becoming increasingly deranged they prove the premise. The Trump base runs in the background untouched by the lamestream media and the imitation wonks in print media as well. The major failure of conservatism so far is our failure to put arch constitutionalists/patriots in the educational pipeline in the 60's when leftist nut cases were everywhere. They have now harvested a crop of witless snowflakes who are twisted in every way. Eco freaks and tree huggers who get a sense of worth from recycling, rather than understanding the brilliance of our founding fathers and the constitution. As the USA was setup to prosper with self sustaining capitalist citizens who don't need to rely on government, it's probably not going to end well.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:16 PM

2,074 posts, read 433,494 times
Surely, you can’t be serious......

Old 06-10-2019, 04:18 PM

18,147 posts, read 8,191,021 times
Quote:
Most of the time, when someone like you posts their armchair psychoanalyses of liberals like me, they're so far from factual that I wonder what they've been ingesting.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:37 PM

758 posts, read 250,351 times
liberals tend to use "critical thinking" skills were one examines ALL points of view...conservatives tend to only support their point of view...by examining all points of view one sometimes becomes uncertain...as in wise men are full of doubt and fools so certain of themselves

Old 06-10-2019, 08:14 PM

23,058 posts, read 12,277,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old town ffx View Post
i read this elsewhere, but it's about as true as it gets:

“...because after 40 years of systematically defunding education (& etc.), and a steady diet of partisan propaganda designed to drive different “wedge” issues into the populace, thus making them easier to control, there will always be a disturbingly large portion of the populace that is happy to see **** burn, so long as the “other” group they’ve been brainwashed into hating suffers more. “

that goes for both the left and the right.
this!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2019, 09:16 PM

6,839 posts, read 6,178,314 times
Quote:
The major failure of conservatism so far is our failure to put arch constitutionalists/patriots in the educational pipeline in the 60's when leftist nut cases were everywhere. They have now harvested a crop of witless snowflakes
So I guess we ended up with a crop of witless snowflakes instead of a crop of witless fruitcakes.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies