U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-01-2019, 10:22 AM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,290 posts, read 14,028,371 times
Reputation: 6494

Advertisements

to me liberals are the least tolerant

conservatives will admit that liberals have some good ideas...but poor plans to implement those good ideas...…..
why... because liberals think with their heart, instead of their brains
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2019, 10:37 AM
 
12,607 posts, read 3,205,603 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
I see what you mean, yes. But still, there is a big difference IMO: religion. The typical Republican in the deep South tends to be very religious, church every Sunday, etc. Trump isn't. At all. His religion, or should I say his religions, are business and real estate. That, in itself, is very New Yorkish if you ask me.
Some say "the business of America is business," and of course there is all too much truth to that. I might argue that Trump supporters seem to lean heavily toward that sort of perspective, as if a businessman like Trump is the remedy to politics in general. I strongly disagree, but if it is going to be a business person in whom the American people put our faith and trust, Trump long ago proved himself unworthy. As if a real estate developer necessarily rings of all the American people look to in a POTUS, never mind the rest of Trump's rather unimpressive record in terms of concern for others, ethics, morals and all the rest that most of us tend to respect more than the biggest bank account.

For many like me anyway, the "business of America" is about far more than just business!

I am a business person. I've worked for a Fortunate 100 company in headquarters. I've started, owned and operated a successful business. Employed thousands of people, and I just can't understand why Trump supporters admire him so. Trump is the epitome of someone who represents America in the ways I least respect, taking us backwards in some of the most important respects. An utter embarrassment and somewhat dangerous in all too many ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 10:40 AM
 
12,607 posts, read 3,205,603 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
to me liberals are the least tolerant

conservatives will admit that liberals have some good ideas...but poor plans to implement those good ideas.....
why... because liberals think with their heart, instead of their brains
Me thinks you don't know too many liberals and that those you do know are no better than some of the conservatives I know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 10:41 AM
 
12,607 posts, read 3,205,603 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
It indeed is true that most conservatives understand liberals and the way they think because all of us were once young and many of us were liberal during our youth and therefore understand how both liberals and conservatives think.

Those of us who become conservative in age, do so because we have something to conserve - our jobs, the wealth we've managed to accumulate, our families, etc. We've also grown wise to the ways of the world and human nature, realizing that we are responsible for ourselves and our own actions have consequences.

By comparison, liberals who are young are understandable. However, as humans grow older and wiser, under normal human development, they are supposed to shed their childish ways. Liberals who are older and still liberal have simply never outgrown the adolescent stage of human development and as a result, cannot possibly understand the mindset of a conservative.
One word: hogwash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 7 days ago)
 
47,974 posts, read 45,435,742 times
Reputation: 15309
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
to me liberals are the least tolerant

conservatives will admit that liberals have some good ideas...but poor plans to implement those good ideas.....
why... because liberals think with their heart, instead of their brains
From my experiences, conservatives are not very tolerant. Based on my personal life, I've seen conservatives basically bash liberals, sometimes ad nauseam. But I live in Georgia, so it might be different where you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 7 days ago)
 
47,974 posts, read 45,435,742 times
Reputation: 15309
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Me thinks you don't know too many liberals and that those you do know are no better than some of the conservatives I know...
I think it's more like a gaslight tactic. Now, I'm not going to pretend that I'm very tolerant. There are just some things I can't stand. However, looking at it from both sides of the spectrum, there is alot of intolerance coming from both liberals and conservatives. It all depends on what the issues are and what's important to many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2019, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Israel
260 posts, read 52,792 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
to me liberals are the least tolerant

conservatives will admit that liberals have some good ideas...but poor plans to implement those good ideas.....
why... because liberals think with their heart, instead of their brains
I feel the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2019, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Israel
260 posts, read 52,792 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I appreciate your comments, really do, but every time I read that someone wastes their vote like this, by voting for other than someone who actually has a chance to win, typically -- inadvertently -- helps the party and candidate they least support politically speaking. As such, all the reasons for doing so don't resonate so well with me and many others who don't believe anyone should abdicate their "oar in the water" where it will serve one best.

All that is assuming our vote matters of course. Sometimes one really has to wonder about that too...
Yes, but our friend here equally disliked both Trump and Clinton. So in this case, that wasn't an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2019, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Israel
260 posts, read 52,792 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
A bit more complicated than how you put things, but one thing I can tell you for certain...

Most who don't think like you don't consider more or less minorities a good or bad thing. Where, how or why do minorities become other than people just like those who make up majorities? That's just for starters before we get into some pretty "disturbing" notions that equate minorities as "illegal and raping our country."

This is truly some pretty "ugly American" stuff if you ask me...

One guess. Trump supporter?
Immigration isn't only made up of minorities. I'm not Latina or Black, and yet I would have loved to move to the USA and become a permanent resident. But I was NOT ready to do it illegally, so life took me elsewhere. Rewarding those who disrespect the law (and therefore the country) is wrong. It also penalizes those who did respect the law and didn't force their way in illegally. Kudos to President Trump for his tough stance on illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2019, 12:52 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 7 days ago)
 
47,974 posts, read 45,435,742 times
Reputation: 15309
To say that conservatives understand liberals better than liberals understand conservatives, that is incredibly stupid. I disagree with it. I look at the discourse from both liberals and conservatives, neither side really understands one another very well. Both sides understand a few things about each other. However, to say that a conservative understands a liberal better than a liberal understands a conservative is crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top