Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 10:37 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,107,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
As the libs try to figure out Trump and are becoming increasingly deranged they prove the premise. The Trump base runs in the background untouched by the lamestream media and the imitation wonks in print media as well. The major failure of conservatism so far is our failure to put arch constitutionalists/patriots in the educational pipeline in the 60's when leftist nut cases were everywhere. They have now harvested a crop of witless snowflakes who are twisted in every way. Eco freaks and tree huggers who get a sense of worth from recycling, rather than understanding the brilliance of our founding fathers and the constitution. As the USA was setup to prosper with self sustaining capitalist citizens who don't need to rely on government, it's probably not going to end well.
That might be correct.

I know it's very difficult for me to understand how anyone with basic intelligence, basic humanity, and basic integrity could support someone as mean, ignorant, untruthful, bullying, and bigoted as Trump, or even could support some of the heartlessly greedy goals of the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 10:52 PM

31,872 posts, read 14,852,343 times
Quote:
As the libs try to figure out Trump and are becoming increasingly deranged they prove the premise. The Trump base runs in the background untouched by the lamestream media and the imitation wonks in print media as well. The major failure of conservatism so far is our failure to put arch constitutionalists/patriots in the educational pipeline in the 60's when leftist nut cases were everywhere. They have now harvested a crop of witless snowflakes who are twisted in every way. Eco freaks and tree huggers who get a sense of worth from recycling, rather than understanding the brilliance of our founding fathers and the constitution. As the USA was setup to prosper with self sustaining capitalist citizens who don't need to rely on government, it's probably not going to end well.
I’m a moderate and know exactly who Trump is. He’s an egotist who seems to love pitting us against each other. And he knows nothing about the constitution. Your so called eco freaks and tree huggers want to save this planet for future generations. Why do you have a problem with that.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:53 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,375,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
That might be correct.

I know it's very difficult for me to understand how anyone with basic intelligence, basic humanity, and basic integrity could support someone as mean, ignorant, untruthful, bullying, and bigoted as Trump, or even could support some of the heartlessly greedy goals of the GOP.
Like the DNC aren't greedy at times with being SJWs?

Old 06-10-2019, 10:54 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,840,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Like the DNC isn't greedy at times in being SJWs?
I think what you are trying to say is that SJW's are greedy.

MEH - not so sure that is an accurate depiction.

Often SJW's don't just fight for their own causes -- they often take on the causes of others. That's not a trait of being greedy.

Greedy implies that you would only be concerned with your own cause -- not someone else's.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:00 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,547,233 times
Quote:
There's nothing lamer than people who use "lamestream media".

Old 06-11-2019, 12:10 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,326,015 times
Quote:
That might be correct.

Lol, US politics is a two headed snake. Both parties are full of all the bad that you listed. That you think one of them is not is no surprise.

But it's clear in your post, you are thinking with your emotions.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:20 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,067,906 times
On C-D, I have never read a single post from a con or a Trumpist that gave any evidence that there was actual understanding of liberals. Far from it. It has always seemed that understanding liberals is not a goal; the fun part is just denegrating, labeling, and demonizing liberals. Its like a schoolyard bully; half the fun is calling out belittling names and getting away with it. It makes them feel more powerful.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:31 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,088,814 times
Hmmmm. I've been called liberal/Democrat/etc. on this forum quite a few times, often for simply being critical of the current president.

I am not any of these, nor am I the only one this happens to on this board. I am not sure that the premise of the thread title can be anywhere near true when some of y'all can't even recognize who is liberal.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:45 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,168,073 times
Quote:
That might be correct.

I support Trump a 100 percent and I am a Christian and I am able to forgive and overlook his petty character defects with ease. I don't judge the man. That's for God. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. There sure are lots of morally superior ( in there own delusional minds) knuckleheads that sure like to attack, condemn, and belittle the man. The more they do it...the more I lift him up.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:48 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,506,913 times
Conservatives love to tell us how liberals think. But to they really have it right most of the time? No. Often who they're really characterizing are extremists, not liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies