U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-10-2019, 11:24 AM
 
2,300 posts, read 623,446 times
Reputation: 1438

Advertisements

As the libs try to figure out Trump and are becoming increasingly deranged they prove the premise. The Trump base runs in the background untouched by the lamestream media and the imitation wonks in print media as well. The major failure of conservatism so far is our failure to put arch constitutionalists/patriots in the educational pipeline in the 60's when leftist nut cases were everywhere. They have now harvested a crop of witless snowflakes who are twisted in every way. Eco freaks and tree huggers who get a sense of worth from recycling, rather than understanding the brilliance of our founding fathers and the constitution. As the USA was setup to prosper with self sustaining capitalist citizens who don't need to rely on government, it's probably not going to end well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2019, 11:50 AM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
8,938 posts, read 4,095,428 times
Reputation: 7619
Wrong. I grew up in an Independent Fundamental Baptist church and my father is still a pastor. I grew up believing that America was a once a Christian nation and that we were greatest in the 1950s. Everything was perfect, just like an episode of "Leave it to Beaver." Then the hippie movement happened in the 1960s which destroyed America. I fully understand how Trump supporters think. They are willing and ready to subvert democracy if that's what it takes to get their "Christian nation." That's why Trump and the zeal of his supporters is so frightening to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 15 days ago)
 
8,673 posts, read 10,828,629 times
Reputation: 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Wrong. I grew up in an Independent Fundamental Baptist church and my father is still a pastor. I grew up believing that America was a once a Christian nation and that we were greatest in the 1950s. Everything was perfect, just like an episode of "Leave it to Beaver." Then the hippie movement happened in the 1960s which destroyed America. I fully understand how Trump supporters think. They are willing and ready to subvert democracy if that's what it takes to get their "Christian nation." That's why Trump and the zeal of his supporters is so frightening to me.
Scary, yes. I think Leave it to Beaver years were like that because people and society just didn't air all of their dirty laundry of which there was plenty. All of the crap stayed "hidden" and many liked that. Wow, you must have stories to tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Close to Pittsburgh, but NOT Pittsburgh ('cause I don't pay CoP taxes)
238 posts, read 171,922 times
Reputation: 326
“The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing.”

-- Socrates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 12:42 PM
 
3,382 posts, read 4,330,590 times
Reputation: 2223
Understanding conservatives is of no great use to liberals- but figuring out shifts in the working class, moderates, and unaffiliated younger voters is huge.


A lot of conservatives seem to be under the impression that Trump has a majority supporting him. He does not. What libs/Dems have to do is wing 88-92% of the 54% who oppose Trump. Task #2 is spreading those voters across states in line with an Electoral College majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 12:49 PM
 
Location: CO/UT/AZ/NM Catch me if you can!
4,740 posts, read 4,363,341 times
Reputation: 10380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
As the libs try to figure out Trump and are becoming increasingly deranged they prove the premise. The Trump base runs in the background untouched by the lamestream media and the imitation wonks in print media as well. The major failure of conservatism so far is our failure to put arch constitutionalists/patriots in the educational pipeline in the 60's when leftist nut cases were everywhere. They have now harvested a crop of witless snowflakes who are twisted in every way. Eco freaks and tree huggers who get a sense of worth from recycling, rather than understanding the brilliance of our founding fathers and the constitution. As the USA was setup to prosper with self sustaining capitalist citizens who don't need to rely on government, it's probably not going to end well.
Well, at least you have a firm grasp of the propaganda put out by InfoWars and Breitbart. Arrogance goeth before a fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 01:03 PM
 
Location: NC
6,983 posts, read 4,954,224 times
Reputation: 7728
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yep trump a life long New York Liberal Democrat...and now liberals hate him...go figure... liberals will eat their own, all in the name of control and greed
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And Conservatives idolize him! Go figure! For once, Trump was correct.
My experience has been that most true Americans hate him, whether they are Liberals or Conservatives, Democrats or Republicans. The people that love Trump are the ones who want to return America back to pre-revolutionairy times, you know, the stuff we left England and Europe for.

Trump himself will tell you that if you don't applaud him you are a traitor. If you don't agree with him, you should be jailed. I know a lot of "fine people on both sides". Very few of them support Trump, and I do believe that those who do, will one day realize they were tricked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,884 posts, read 2,732,034 times
Reputation: 7095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
My experience has been that most true Americans hate him, whether they are Liberals or Conservatives, Democrats or Republicans. The people that love Trump are the ones who want to return America back to pre-revolutionairy times, you know, the stuff we left England and Europe for.

Trump himself will tell you that if you don't applaud him you are a traitor. If you don't agree with him, you should be jailed. I know a lot of "fine people on both sides". Very few of them support Trump, and I do believe that those who do, will one day realize they were tricked.
From the LA TIMES :

Another is the GOP voter base, which has imposed a binary choice of its own: You’re either with the president or you’re with “the left.” — That’s what is so telling about the John McCain episode. Republicans apparently including Mulvaney have internalized Trumpism so deeply that they now see the world through his eyes. It’s perfectly “reasonable” for a White House staffer to think the commander in chief should be shielded from even the name of his late adversary because Trump’s feelings are all that matter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,698 posts, read 16,804,243 times
Reputation: 26275
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Wrong. I grew up in an Independent Fundamental Baptist church and my father is still a pastor. I grew up believing that America was a once a Christian nation and that we were greatest in the 1950s. Everything was perfect, just like an episode of "Leave it to Beaver." Then the hippie movement happened in the 1960s which destroyed America. I fully understand how Trump supporters think. They are willing and ready to subvert democracy if that's what it takes to get their "Christian nation." That's why Trump and the zeal of his supporters is so frightening to me.
This is so far off the mark, it's hysterical that you would say you "know". No, you don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 01:12 PM
 
976 posts, read 165,692 times
Reputation: 557
Trump is neither a Republican or a Conservative so I agree with the OP.
You will never understand Trump by studying other Republicans.


Trump is easy to figure out if you like Mob Movies, listen to Hip Hop, or follow dictators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top