U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:29 AM
 
23,252 posts, read 12,346,572 times
Reputation: 7371

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Except these Africans seem to have money. As they were described they are unlike the poor, unskilled and uneducated like those from south of our border with corrupt governments.
Once again -- easy enough to find online about the violence, the chaos in the Congo. They are perhaps folks who have earned money & want to make a better life. They very well could be skilled workers.

While we are still issuing those visas for unskilled labor, I think that it is a great opportunity to assign asylum workers these visas. Encourage them to find real work, etc.



https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-41346859
Since last October, the Democratic Republic of Congo's Kasai region has been wracked by violence, leading to the deaths of many civilians.

These fatalities are the result of clashes between the army and a government-backed militia known as the Bana Mura, and a rebel group called Kamuina Nsapu.

Many villages have been burned down and it is estimated that more than a million people have been displaced in the region in the past year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:33 AM
 
301 posts, read 41,521 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Because for Dems, the fear of being called "racist" is much higher a priority than the health and safety of their families, friends and community.

To be labelled racist in their circles IS a sort of death.

It's the end to any social currency they might have. It is to become an "unperson." An expulsion from the church of Progressivism and their circle of friends and professional contacts who all worship at the same altar, with the same dogma, speech codes and behavior rules.


It's the modern day Salem with witch-hunts. Only now its racist and "white supremacist" hunts. To deny you are a racist once accused (especially by one of the religion's high priestesses - a woman of color) ... is to admit you are a racist. The only way to forgiveness is to admit you're a racist and then work hard to find your way back into the fold by doing good works of atonenment and apology.

Criticizing what's happening at the border... even admitting there's a problem or agreeing with Trump's very sensible immigration reforms... that's definitely going to get the village talking about how you very well might be a racist.


Pretty whacked world these people inhabit, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:36 AM
 
Location: Florida
63,163 posts, read 34,407,807 times
Reputation: 10507
Things are better in Congo now than 10 years ago, but 5.4 million people have perished in the violence there, which makes it the deadliest conflict since WW- II.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:54 AM
 
13,647 posts, read 7,442,634 times
Reputation: 12517
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Catholic Charities of San Antonio is financing $14,000 in bus tickets for them. You want to murder those Catholic traitors I take it...
They didnít get here by bus. That poster was clearly talking about who is financing travels to the U.S.

Catholic Charities isnít financing them out of their own funds, they receive government grants for these services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:56 AM
 
13,647 posts, read 7,442,634 times
Reputation: 12517
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yup about half of their revenue comes from the federal govt.
Itís up to 2/3 now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:02 AM
 
301 posts, read 41,521 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Once again -- easy enough to find online about the violence, the chaos in the Congo. They are perhaps folks who have earned money & want to make a better life. They very well could be skilled workers.

While we are still issuing those visas for unskilled labor, I think that it is a great opportunity to assign asylum workers these visas. Encourage them to find real work, etc.



https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-41346859
Since last October, the Democratic Republic of Congo's Kasai region has been wracked by violence, leading to the deaths of many civilians.

These fatalities are the result of clashes between the army and a government-backed militia known as the Bana Mura, and a rebel group called Kamuina Nsapu.

Many villages have been burned down and it is estimated that more than a million people have been displaced in the region in the past year.

If only there wasn't an entire continent that people fleeing violence in the Congo could retreat to. I'm sure it's much easier to fly to Mexico and sneak across the border into the US.

When are people going to jut admit that these trans-national refugees are welfare shoppers and economic migrants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:05 AM
 
301 posts, read 41,521 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
They didnít get here by bus. That poster was clearly talking about who is financing travels to the U.S.

Catholic Charities isnít financing them out of their own funds, they receive government grants for these services.

Catholic Charities involved in the refugee trafficking are a scummy bunch of idiots. Nothing worse than people who use other people's money to buy their way into heaven and then dump the responsibility for all the "resettled refugees" onto the tax payer.

Meanwhile the do-gooder luvvies feel all warm and good and start the process again... funneling refugees into the US and federal money into their coffers.


The sad part is EVERY refugee resettled in the USA by these charities costs TEN TIMES more in resources and limited funds. The same funds that it takes to bring one here to teh US could help 10 closer to home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:36 AM
 
23,252 posts, read 12,346,572 times
Reputation: 7371
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Itís up to 2/3 now.
That's crazy -- didn't think it was that high.

Not a fan of these kinds of things......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:37 AM
 
23,252 posts, read 12,346,572 times
Reputation: 7371
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
If only there wasn't an entire continent that people fleeing violence in the Congo could retreat to. I'm sure it's much easier to fly to Mexico and sneak across the border into the US.

When are people going to jut admit that these trans-national refugees are welfare shoppers and economic migrants?
Of course there are more opportunities here and the Catholic charities will finance their journey.

Not a fan of the Catholic charities getting funding from the govt.....or any religious groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Somewhere below Mason/Dixon
6,525 posts, read 7,479,648 times
Reputation: 10929
Obviously a bunch of African immigrants are getting help. How do impoverished third world people get to Mexico? How do these people sneak across one foreign nation to gain access to another? They know not a thing about Mexico or the USA. Whoever helped them needs to go to jail. Africa is full of disease, full of violent terrorists, these people who helped undocumented and un vetted people from that part of the world get into North America put everyone in both the US and Mexico at risk. They belong in jail. Ebola is no joke, unbelievably stupid actions here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top