U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 04:58 PM

27,490 posts, read 17,618,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I like myself, looks like projection on your part.
That's pretty understandable. Most people would, with justification, loath themselves if they were liberal.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:07 PM

813 posts, read 257,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...whatís insulting is you thinking that minorities have ever looked to white people to save them. They know better than that.

White folks have never saved anyone but themselves and there isnít a minority that doesnít know it. Gimme a break. You guys love flattering yourselves.
Since you don't seem to get it, he wasn't saying minorities need white people to save them. He was saying white liberals act like minorities are helpless and need to be saved.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:21 PM

50,508 posts, read 26,677,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
Since you don't seem to get it, he wasn't saying minorities need white people to save them. He was saying white liberals act like minorities are helpless and need to be saved.
No, really they donít. Thatís just another dumb right wing stereotype, and itís time someone start calling it out.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:22 PM

14,179 posts, read 6,419,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That's pretty understandable. Most people would, with justification, loath themselves if they were liberal.
And yet, I said I like myself, not loathe myself. More projection from cons.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:32 PM

12,185 posts, read 6,938,149 times
desertdetroiter's posts reject the arrogance of white, "woke" liberals. self flagellation by white liberals for being white and white savior stances by white progressives on behalf of minorities aren't wanted or appreciated by many in the minority community. woke, white, arrogant progressives are disdained by minorities, but the white saviors are clueless.

I read this OP article a week ago and found it very interesting. I'm glad someone posted it on CD.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-10-2019 at 05:43 PM..

Old 06-10-2019, 05:38 PM

2,810 posts, read 599,346 times
Quote:
Lol...whatís insulting is you thinking that minorities have ever looked to white people to save them. They know better than that.

White folks have never saved anyone but themselves and there isnít a minority that doesnít know it. Gimme a break. You guys love flattering yourselves.
You make a good point, but err in directing it at the poster you quoted. White liberals do indeed see themselves as saviors to the rest of the world (except other whites). And it's never enough to just act, they must tell the world that they act. Social media has given them a bullhorn to announce their wokeness and to virtue-signal their self-loathing and pandering.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:40 PM

759 posts, read 250,721 times
by saying white men will be the savior you are CONFIRMING the viewpoint that says white people control the world and more importantly the money and power...NICE job!

Old 06-10-2019, 05:40 PM

2,810 posts, read 599,346 times
Quote:
No, really they donít. Thatís just another dumb right wing stereotype, and itís time someone start calling it out.
Yes, they do. Even the Chinese have taken notice, they have a word for such people, "baizou."

Baizuo (pronounced "bye-tswaw) is a Chinese epithet meaning naive western educated person who advocates for peace and equality only to satisfy their own feeling of moral superiority. A baizuo only cares about topics such as immigration, minorities, LGBT and the environment while being obsessed with political correctness to the extent that they import backwards Islamic values for the sake of multiculturalism.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=baizuo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies