Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 03:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Well, it's an opinion.

The link to the actual survey would be helpful. And what conclusions the actual survey arrived at. I don't think self-loathing was actually part of the study.

https://gss.norc.org/get-documentati...change-reports

Old 06-10-2019, 03:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You are being rude for no reason here. Typical of your pattern.

I wasn't saying anything remotely what you are implying here and don't lump me in with other people's views.

Reread what I wrote and figure out how you managed to write what you did to me. Amazing that someone can take in a piece of data and spit out what you did.
You’re still wrong, and I reread it. It’s still a slam on minorities either way although it’s dressed up to look as if it’s a slam only on white liberals.

In fact, the slam on white liberals is ridiculous too. Wanting to help make this world a better place is noble, not ignoble. If they come off as a little too earnest or naive, so what? Their hearts may be in the right place. What attitude should they carry...one that says “I don’t give a damn about anyone but myself and screw everyone else?” Is that admirable?

If you had a legitimate gripe, then I’d understand. But using white liberals as whipping boys just because of their altruism is just spewing hate. Enough already.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:35 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You’re still wrong, and I reread it. It’s still a slam on minorities either way although it’s dressed up to look as if it’s a slam only on white liberals.

In fact, the slam on white liberals is ridiculous too. Wanting to help make this world a better place is noble, not ignoble. If they come off as a little too earnest or naive, so what? Their hearts may be in the right place. What attitude should they carry...one that says “I don’t give a damn about anyone but myself and screw everyone else?” Is that admirable?

If you had a legitimate gripe, then I’d understand. But using white liberals as whipping boys just because of their altruism is just spewing hate. Enough already.
Lol, it's not altruism, it's toxic virtue-signaling. Are you saying that these types are more compassionate than non-whites, who exhibit far higher levels of in-group preference? How racist.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:39 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...what’s insulting is you thinking that minorities have ever looked to white people to save them. They know better than that.
That must be why they’re all sneaking into white countries.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Lol, it's not altruism, it's toxic virtue-signaling. Are you saying that these types are more compassionate than non-whites, who exhibit far higher levels of in-group preference? How racist.
Toxic virtue-signaling? And how do you determine that? Because it seems that you are just slapping on that label because you don't like them.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:49 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
From what I've seen white people that are far left progressive types tend to want to put minorities into nice little boxes and typically assume that they all feel like victims of society. When said minorities says wait a minute ,I'm not a victim, then this so called nice lefty can become quite nasty.

Got to tote the narrative man.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:04 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-new...-white-saviors

Online Jewish magazine takes a look at the virtue-signaling, self-loathing White Liberal.
I like myself, looks like projection on your part.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:09 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Oh look !!!! Another thread about poor whitey !
poor whitey leftists?

well if you insist.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
That must be why they’re all sneaking into white countries.
There was a time when whites escaped to non white places by the millions. Whites had to be forced to get out. They fought wars to be able to stay. The French in Indochina and Algeria are great examples. Consider it payback and have some humor about it. That’s more than the Indians, Asians, and Africans were ever afforded.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:29 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I like myself, looks like projection on your part.
When they say “self loathing”, I hear “white race traitor.”

Subtlety isn’t their strong point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies