U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 09:41 PM

6,091 posts, read 2,826,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
They didn't rule that a suppressor is not a firearm,
Yes they did. A firearm is a weapon, and the court ruled that silencers event weapons.

From the actual 10th Circuit decision:

Quote:
A silencer is a firearm accessory; it’s not a weapon in itself (nor is it “armour of defence”). Accordingly, it can’t be a “bearable arm” protected by the Second Amendment.
The gov. defined them as firearms (weapons) for NFA purposes. How can the same gov say they are not weapons, but rather “firearm accessories” for 2nd amendment purposes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 07:04 AM

66,541 posts, read 33,809,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The US Supreme let stand lower court rulings that federal regulation of gun silencers was not a violation of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. Eight moronic States wanted silencers protected under the 2nd amendment. The lower courts ostensibly ruled that silencers are no "bearable" arms under the Constitution.

Why are these things even legal?

Be that as it may, thank heaven for small favors.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...silencers.html
So, the SC thinks you are governments property, too... Who'da thunk it?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:10 AM

2,479 posts, read 863,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, if I don't consent, will violence be used against me, as if I am property and must obey the MASTER?
Well, I think this particular law is pretty stupid. Nevertheless, yes, you must obey the law whether you "consent" or not. We don't get to decide which laws we're going to obey and which we're not. And yes, if you break the law, and resist arrest, you culd be met with violence.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Well, I think this particular law is pretty stupid. Nevertheless, yes, you must obey the law whether you "consent" or not. We don't get to decide which laws we're going to obey and which we're not. And yes, if you break the law, and resist arrest, you culd be met with violence.
It is the government owned commercial terminals. Private Planes, that can be used to fly into buildings, not so much.
Government taking over the job, you-yourself are to be in control of, unless you are their property to care for. You just think you are free and have liberty. That all changed into an illusion, after the Progressive Era.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:28 AM

35,217 posts, read 32,177,752 times
Quote:
LE ignore unenforceable laws all the time. CA leads the country in laws that can't be enforced. Can't bring ammo in from out of State. That's a laugher.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:32 AM

10,173 posts, read 6,278,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
I became convinced a while back that he's a very good troll on gun topics, after seeing him post logical, well-reasoned responses in other thread topics.

I completely agree.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:53 AM

10,633 posts, read 2,714,882 times
Quote:
So you agree with the obedience and enforcement of laws like those that prevented blacks from using certain water fountains, or sitting in certain parts of restaurants, buses, etc, or laws against homosexuality at one time?

If you look at our history, its people that BROKE those laws or refused to comply, that are celebrated as heroes and patriots today, NO ONE today calls them criminals!

The same is applicable in our times too, of course there are going to be laws, that in the future, will be found to be 'unconstitutional' or otherwise wrong in general, just like Rosa parks and others, its up to US, to recognize when its wrong to obey or comply.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
It is the government owned commercial terminals. Private Planes, that can be used to fly into buildings, not so much.
Government taking over the job, you-yourself are to be in control of, unless you are their property to care for. You just think you are free and have liberty. That all changed into an illusion, after the Progressive Era.
How the heck did this get here? I replied to the need ID to fly domestically thread.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:31 AM

6,091 posts, read 2,826,472 times
Quote:
How the heck did this get here? I replied to the need ID to fly domestically thread.
Well, it's your post. . .

Old 06-14-2019, 06:29 PM

3,348 posts, read 589,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You must work really hard to find all this stuff you post that makes no sense at all.

Did you watch the video? Even the Samurai did not stand a chance against the Russian hitman with silencer. And you guys think these things should be available on Amazon.com????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9SalJ-ohls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies