U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:30 PM
 
7,125 posts, read 1,787,539 times
Reputation: 4214

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Dinner, movie, gifts, ring........it's been legal for a long time.

It is a fine line.



When I was in my early 20's I met a woman who worked near me. We went out to eat and then she invited me to her apartment, which was an unusual turn of events for me on a first date. Anyways we get in there and the first thing she does is show me her light bill and how she needs to pay it tomorrow or its shut off. I said its time for me to go and I left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:32 PM
 
12,682 posts, read 10,505,128 times
Reputation: 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What if its an older wealthy woman and a young guy? Or gay men?

It disturbs me that people choose to smoke cigarettes. Not everything is ideal in this world, sometimes you have to compromise.

No "trafficking" went away replaced by a legal business. Its like saying marijuana trafficking went up because its legal in many states.

Human trafficking involves the underground stuff where no one outside if it knows what is going on until there is a bust. Its an illegal activity. Of course business will increase. Now neither the men or women need to worry about getting busted for it. Big difference.


Some women choose to do it. Look at the Nevada ranches. They can make a six figure salary and I have watched shows featuring those places and the women seem to fine there. The problem is the stuff on the street and that is what needs to go.
Trafficking absolutely still exists, are you serious? You can look it up, it's a huge issue in the Netherlands. It still exists even though prostitution is legal because the demand has increased due to its legality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What consenting adults do in their private life is none of your business.

Do you really think homosexuality is not disturbing? Nature has never intended for the same sex to be together. Thatís anti-science and anti-nature.
You're right but a big question in prostitution is whether there is true consent. Especially considering how many prostitutes are trafficked.

I don't think homosexuality is disturbing and idk how that's relevant, but it's very interesting you brought that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:33 PM
 
7,125 posts, read 1,787,539 times
Reputation: 4214
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What consenting adults do in their private life is none of your business.

Do you really think homosexuality is not disturbing? Nature has never intended for the same sex to be together. Thatís anti-science and anti-nature.

Some guys might disagree that two women together might not be that disturbing. But I agree that you can't make everyone follow your own personal feelings on something. People have the right to live their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:36 PM
 
18,873 posts, read 9,629,862 times
Reputation: 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Trafficking absolutely still exists, are you serious? You can look it up, it's a huge issue in the Netherlands. It still exists even though prostitution is legal because the demand has increased due to its legality.



You're right but a big question in prostitution is whether there is true consent. Especially considering how many prostitutes are trafficked.

I don't think homosexuality is disturbing and idk how that's relevant, but it's very interesting you brought that up.
How about we implement a law to punish those who force women or men to be prostitutes? Wait, that law is already on the book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:38 PM
 
7,125 posts, read 1,787,539 times
Reputation: 4214
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Trafficking absolutely still exists, are you serious? You can look it up, it's a huge issue in the Netherlands. It still exists even though prostitution is legal because the demand has increased due to its legality.
The problem is the government limits the amount of permits and the demand is greater than that. Easy solution, increase the number of permits which they are doing now.

It would be legalizing marijuana and limiting how much can be sold. If that number is less than demand then the black market will continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:40 PM
 
Location: NNJ
9,527 posts, read 5,367,349 times
Reputation: 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Trafficking absolutely still exists, are you serious? You can look it up, it's a huge issue in the Netherlands. It still exists even though prostitution is legal because the demand has increased due to its legality.



You're right but a big question in prostitution is whether there is true consent. Especially considering how many prostitutes are trafficked.

I don't think homosexuality is disturbing and idk how that's relevant, but it's very interesting you brought that up.
Trafficking exists in other forms of labor.. legal types. Like nanny, nail salons, agriculture, etc... why no ban on those? No one is saying legalization will eliminate trafficking nor should it be the bar that must be met to protect individual rights.

There are many prostitutes who are not trafficking and working on their own free will. Some people working low desirable jobs may not have other options for work... doesn't equate to trafficking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:41 PM
 
12,682 posts, read 10,505,128 times
Reputation: 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How about we implement a law to punish those who force women or men to be prostitutes? Wait, that law is already on the book.
Yeah, I recognized that it isn't going away so obviously making it illegal doesn't work either.

My personal opinion is that it dehumanizes women and the idea that sex is a commodity men can pay for is bad for women as a whole. As I said, it also still doesn't rid of the trafficking problem because when it is legal, demand will increase because sanctions aren't in place deterring people, yet there are not hordes of women out there aspiring to become prostitutes. So they have to come from somewhere. And that source is still via trafficking.

I don't like the idea of making it legal but obviously it being illegal doesn't entirely deter it, like for many other things.

No one is going to change my mind, I just wanted to share my own thoughts since no one had yet. Unsurprisingly it's getting a lot of backlash. It isn't a very popular opinion, the feminist angle that is it bad for women as a whole. I don't really care, I entirely stand by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:41 PM
 
1,352 posts, read 691,766 times
Reputation: 782
Make a co-ed bathhouse or something, it's NYC, they're supposed to be the innovators of urban life. Why go full blown legalized prostitution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:43 PM
 
Location: NNJ
9,527 posts, read 5,367,349 times
Reputation: 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
No one is going to change my mind, I just wanted to share my own thoughts since no one had yet. Unsurprisingly it's getting a lot of backlash. It isn't a very popular opinion, the feminist angle that is it bad for women as a whole. I don't really care, I entirely stand by it.
Don't want to discuss nor be challenged your opinions, don't put it on the table... never understood why people do that?

Anyways...

You are wrong... your opinion is actually the popular one... There is more support for legalization of marijuana than support to give women right/dominion over their body. What does that tell yah about our society?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:45 PM
 
18,873 posts, read 9,629,862 times
Reputation: 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yeah, I recognized that it isn't going away so obviously making it illegal doesn't work either.

My personal opinion is that it dehumanizes women and the idea that sex is a commodity men can pay for is bad for women as a whole. As I said, it also still doesn't rid of the trafficking problem because when it is legal, demand will increase because sanctions aren't in place deterring people, yet there are not hordes of women out there aspiring to become prostitutes. So they have to come from somewhere. And that source is still via trafficking.

I don't like the idea of making it legal but obviously it being illegal doesn't entirely deter it, like for many other things.

No one is going to change my mind, I just wanted to share my own thoughts since no one had yet. Unsurprisingly it's getting a lot of backlash. It isn't a very popular opinion, the feminist angle that is it bad for women as a whole. I don't really care, I entirely stand by it.
Nothing wrong with trafficking if itís voluntary.

Nobody is trying to change your mind.

Sex has been a commodity ever since the dawn of humankind, probably even before.

All I am saying is live and let live.

Whether something is bad for some group as a whole is not up to us to decide. Let each individual make their own decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top