U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 10:26 PM

10,534 posts, read 2,692,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It's called Darwinism
Well sort of...its seems ALL that dope with the carfentanyl added to it, successfully made it into the country, reached its destination and was sold off for a price!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 10:34 PM

27,498 posts, read 17,624,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Isn't this the reason many were incarcerated - drug dealing or possession? I guess the other heroin facilitation programs have worked so well.

The first such site in North America was opened in 2003 in Vancouver, B.C., a city that is currently experiencing record high levels of heroin and opioid overdoses, despite the original facility, and a second, being in operation. Vancouver is also looking at decriminalizing heroin use in a controversial attempt at reducing drug deaths.

The logic escapes me -- giving more access to drugs will reduce drug deaths? The inmates are running the asylum.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/09/c...-site-inmates/
The more the better! THe more of these losers that kill themselves, the less the taxpayers have to spend to support them. Seems like a win-win idea.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:14 PM

3,883 posts, read 4,046,220 times
Morality, compassion and practicality often conflict. I understand disagreements. But the representatives of the majority should go with their best view of the right balancing (subject to judicial view I guess). Some experimentation is usually good to inform others about the efficacy of different approaches.

Are all conservatives (and their coworkers or employees, families and friends) free from illegal drug use or legal but harmful substance abuse at any time? Of course not. Do they offer cover for or compassion for those in addiction? Sometimes.

How far to go? I dunno. I'd want to listen to a variety of experienced experts. More so than political sites & observers.

I wouldn't necessarily always agree to the recommendations of the majority of experts (if a majority exists) but I try to listen and learn more before I decided.

Last edited by NW Crow; 06-11-2019 at 11:23 PM..

Old 06-12-2019, 12:10 AM

10,534 posts, read 2,692,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The more the better! THe more of these losers that kill themselves, the less the taxpayers have to spend to support them. Seems like a win-win idea.
I dont think you understand whats going on, what this prison is doing is MUCH safer for addicts, so overdose or death is not a major possibility.

The way that you seem to prefer things, is that heroin remain illegal and unregulated, this makes it much more dangerous, due to all the stuff that could be laced into the dope, the downside to this is, the criminal organizations reap all the benefits

Old 06-12-2019, 12:20 AM

12,672 posts, read 8,743,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Talk about missing the point.

It's like you have no comprehension at all. You do understand SAFE injection sites, as opposed to UNSAFE street drugs?

Apparently not.

It is here for all to see.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:37 AM

26,085 posts, read 28,484,501 times
There are alternatives to giving addicts heroin. It's called real treatment. The state of Rhode Island does it. It works. I definitely think there's an agenda in the U.S. and apparently, Canada, as well, to keep as many people drugged as possible. It's easier to control and manipulate people that way. It's right out of Aldoux Huxley's Brave New World.

The whole documentary is worth watching, but at 44:05 they describe what Rhode Island does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw

Old 06-12-2019, 01:50 AM

50,526 posts, read 26,688,716 times
Seems to me that Canada is doing what’s best for Canada.

As drug addled as the United States is, who are we to judge? Nothing we’ve ever done has fixed OUR problem.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:17 AM

760 posts, read 251,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Seems to me that Canada is doing what’s best for Canada.

As drug addled as the United States is, who are we to judge? Nothing we’ve ever done has fixed OUR problem.
the problem is a certain percentage of the population is going to be addicted to some type of substance

i really don't think posters change their mind frequently from the information contained on any of these forums......the US has experience with prohibition from booze and saw firsthand what all the money and corruption did...using common sense the country repealed THAT prohibition...
1) much gun violence and general petty theft stopped with regulated low price substance
2) Mexican drug war violence curtailed and people fleeing such violence curtailed by degrees

i have lifelong experience with abuse and have been sober 20 years working voluntarily and professionally in the field...drug addicts are some of the hardest working people i have ever seen working a regular job as well as scoring dope lol....my mother was a nurse from the 1940s thru the 1970s and spent time as an active narcotics user on and off (she was the head nurse of an entire floor)

nearly ALL the misinformation and beliefs about drug use stem from drug war hysteria

BUT please just carry on with all the mostly wrong headed beliefs that much of the general population has AND continue to enrich the drug Cartels they certainly thank you

Old 06-12-2019, 06:35 AM

14,195 posts, read 6,105,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
No, its actually a safer alternative to the illegal (unregulated) heroin,that was being smuggled in and used.

This lack of quality standards/ regulation is why we had lots of overdose deaths last year when heroin was laced with the elephant tranquilizer, Carfentanyl... users had NO IDEA what they were using and it killed them.

When addicts KNOW what they are taking, its safer for everyone, when its illegal, there is no regulation, no standards, basically anything under the kitchen sink could be mixed into the batch and users would have no clue.

If the goal is harm reduction, regulation and quality standards are the only way to do it.

* Just a side note here, street heroin is a dirty dark color when mixed with water, on the other hand, pharmaceutical grade Heroin, is crystal clear, looks like water...what sounds like the safer drug to use?
Haha, neither! You think pharmaceutical grade heroin is not going to kill?

Old 06-12-2019, 06:38 AM

11,156 posts, read 6,504,717 times
The US is not far from this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies