U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 10:44 PM

2,750 posts, read 876,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
LOL -- wishful thinking from the geniuses at Breitbart.

Yeah, as soon as I saw Breitbart, I tuned out. However, there is no denying that AOC is a rising star and will play significant roles in politics in the coming years. She is bright, tough, and very savvy for her age.

I know she scares the Hell out of Trump, and that is terrific in itself.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:50 AM

20,718 posts, read 13,734,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...chuck-schumer/

Oh that would be beautful! I pick Schumer! That guy is a *******!

What do you do with yourself all day? Troll various conservative or equally suspect news outlets to create threads?

Didn't bother clicking OP link as once see "Breitbart" as the source, that is all one needs to know.

I live in NYC pal and no one is talking about AOC challenging either state senator. In fact that nut case herself is likely to face one or more primary challengers in 2020 when she's up for re-election.

People and media outside of NY seem more interested in AOC these days than thing here locally. Think she was sat down by someone and told better start going on the down low as she was getting herself talked about too much and too soon. Only recent thing have heard AOC mentioned in local NYC media was her marching last weekend in the Puerto Rican Day parade.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:13 AM

39,451 posts, read 40,762,330 times
Quote:
LOL -- wishful thinking from the geniuses at Breitbart.

huh? It would appear to be based on speculation from "top" Democrats.

Quote:

https://www.axios.com/alexandria-oca...m_content=1100

Top Democrats tell "Axios on HBO" they expect Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez may eventually primary one of the two New York senators — Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer in 2022, or Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand in 2024.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:55 AM

4,989 posts, read 2,005,590 times
Axios had a Babylon Bee moment!

Old 06-11-2019, 06:09 AM
sub

781 posts, read 406,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Yeah, as soon as I saw Breitbart, I tuned out. However, there is no denying that AOC is a rising star and will play significant roles in politics in the coming years. She is bright, tough, and very savvy for her age.

I know she scares the Hell out of Trump, and that is terrific in itself.
Define “bright”.

My goodness, the things she says...
If she is trying to outTrump Trump, she succeeds magnificently.
I often get the feeling Trump is trolling the left, while AOC fools no one except a few extremists who think they are on to something with her.

Our standards continue to lower, if she’s even for real.

I like the theory that she might be a republican plant, sent in to implode the dem party. That would make more sense than 80% of her utterances.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:25 AM

963 posts, read 190,174 times
Since she is speaking European centrists politics I quite understand why ALOT of Americans likes what she says.

The right, are claiming anything except Far Right talking points as communism these days.

Well... a huge majority of Americans are Centrists.

I would love it for her to take on Schummer!!

Old 06-11-2019, 06:37 AM

4,989 posts, read 2,005,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Define “bright”.

My goodness, the things she says...
If she is trying to outTrump Trump, she succeeds magnificently.
I often get the feeling Trump is trolling the left, while AOC fools no one except a few extremists who think they are on to something with her.

Our standards continue to lower, if she’s even for real.

I like the theory that she might be a republican plant, sent in to implode the dem party. That would make more sense than 80% of her utterances.
AOC fans always incorrectly use "bright" as a synonym for garrulous.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:44 AM

23,064 posts, read 12,285,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
huh? It would appear to be based on speculation from "top" Democrats.
It still is wishful thinking from Breitbart that this would happen or they wouldn't have promoted the article.

Way too early to tell what is going to happen in 2024.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:47 AM

23,064 posts, read 12,285,205 times
I think AOC is stirring it up and making sure she stays in the news. Not sure about her longevity and don't really think she is critical to the party today or in the future YET.

But there have been some interesting videos of her calling out politicians on various issues and she has hit the target. Sure there are other times she is way out in left field....but some of the other stuff is honest, and gets to the point. If she can gain control of her ideas, she may have a really big presence.

But for now her role seems to be the target for the right media to criticize and go after her most radical concepts.

She's young. She really has done little harm.

It's hard for one Congressman to really cause harm to the whole country...in spite what some folks would try to make us believe.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:00 AM

51,887 posts, read 41,774,553 times
Quote:
I think AOC is stirring it up and making sure she stays in the news. Not sure about her longevity and don't really think she is critical to the party today or in the future YET.

But there have been some interesting videos of her calling out politicians on various issues and she has hit the target. Sure there are other times she is way out in left field....but some of the other stuff is honest, and gets to the point. If she can gain control of her ideas, she may have a really big presence.

But for now her role seems to be the target for the right media to criticize and go after her most radical concepts.

She's young. She really has done little harm.

It's hard for one Congressman to really cause harm to the whole country...in spite what some folks would try to make us believe.
1. You are correct she hasn't done harm to the country.

2. As mentioned several times the right wing isn't going after her for no reason, she is all over the media espousing various ideas, being called the future of the party and so forth.

3. She has become a "big name" and as you yourself have noted she's definitely ambitious and feels that her ideas are right and should be implemented even if she is a little underprepared on some topics from time to time. That being said and as we agree on point #1, then even higher office would be her goal.

4. Democrats aren't stupid. They're going to run polls. If AOC would get blasted in the senate race, she's going to sit tight in her congressional seat....assuming the D's don't decide to kneecap her in her own seat ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or