U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-10-2019, 10:37 PM
 
3,746 posts, read 1,809,421 times
Reputation: 3763

Advertisements

How come you anti trumpers think you know things that the rest of the world doesn't?

You guys post the same crap over and over again.

Arrogance masquerading as intelligence is an amusing thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2019, 10:42 PM
 
26,745 posts, read 9,100,337 times
Reputation: 9328
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I will give you the benefit of the doubt, based on your listed accomplishments, that you really don't support Trump because of some immature, emotional, irrational argument that he 'puts it to people' who make sweeping general insults to all Trump voters.

But I will point out --that kind of comment puts you in the same category as those Trump critics that make those generalizations.

Trump is as corrupt a business man as you can find and under elite -- he's it.

He's a man who has known nothing but living in NYC and having money.

It seems some folks have this fairy tale image that Trump is some kind of self made business man who hob knobs with the blue collar workers and gets them.

That couldn't be further from who he is or wants to be. He doesn't care about anybody but himself.

He was pro-choice late into his 60's and only decided to be anti-abortion when it was time to choose a party to run for. That's the most immoral kind of corrupt politician there is.

But somehow he has convinced -- even the most intelligent person -- of this mythical connection with the every day person -- and that he is going to protect the simple people from the big bad corporations.

Corruption of the left....he puts in Devos as Education Secretary for payback her family gave him donations.

Seriously -- I get if you support tariffs and always have.
I get if you think a wall is an efficient way to control the border.
I get it if you think that corporations should not have to deal with regulations on pollution.

But Trump doesn't care about anybody but himself. Let's not pretend he has the knowledge, or skills to deal with the complexities of immmigration, health care, international trade and diplomacy.

He reduces everything to a one factor issue.
Are you with the Chamber of Commerce, media, or just a democrat with another rant about "orange man bad," with no clue how to push back on actual policy ?
Think on that !!!
Hillary said that the TPP was the gold standard before she flipped and agreed with Trump about how bad it was and didn't any longer support it.

Did she care about anyone when she supported it or when she rejected it or just herself in both instances ?

Clinton raved about Trans-Pacific Partnership before she rejected it ...
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...de-deal-229381

Last edited by phma; 06-10-2019 at 10:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 10:45 PM
 
23,174 posts, read 12,321,513 times
Reputation: 7337
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
How come you anti trumpers think you know things that the rest of the world doesn't?

You guys post the same crap over and over again.

Arrogance masquerading as intelligence is an amusing thing.
BUT Trump fans/conservatives do the exact same thing.

Both sides imply that the opposition is clueless.

And conservatives post the same crap over and over as well...and if you don't see that -- again -- you might be biased.

So please -- you took the high road for absolutely no reason - -you come down into the mud with the rest of us......lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 10:53 PM
 
Location: sumter
8,592 posts, read 5,391,841 times
Reputation: 6609
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
BUT Trump fans/conservatives do the exact same thing.

Both sides imply that the opposition is clueless.

And conservatives post the same crap over and over as well...and if you don't see that -- again -- you might be biased.

So please -- you took the high road for absolutely no reason - -you come down into the mud with the rest of us......lol.
Sure did, every word you spoke is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 10:53 PM
 
3,746 posts, read 1,809,421 times
Reputation: 3763
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
BUT Trump fans/conservatives do the exact same thing.

Both sides imply that the opposition is clueless.

And conservatives post the same crap over and over as well...and if you don't see that -- again -- you might be biased.

So please -- you took the high road for absolutely no reason - -you come down into the mud with the rest of us......lol.
You can't see the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 10:54 PM
 
23,174 posts, read 12,321,513 times
Reputation: 7337
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Are you with the Chamber of Commerce, media, or just a democrat with another rant about "orange man bad," with no clue how to push back on actual policy ?
I did stray off the topic -- but was responding to the specific post.

It's kind of a beef.

Someone gets insulted so then they insult.

About the Chamber of Commerce statement.....implying the US Chamber of Commerce isn't concerned about Americans in general is silly. The whole purpose of the group is to provide support for businesses in communities ALL over the USA. The objection to tariffs is directly related to the impact on those people running those businesses, working in those businesses

We get it Trump and some of his supporters believe that tariffs are an effective bargaining tool. Most people think they aren't and shouldn't be.

Trump doesn't.

His own party doesn't support his policy on tariffs -- lol.

\
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 10:56 PM
 
2,814 posts, read 891,157 times
Reputation: 4197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I know, absolutely obsessed with that man. Eat breathe and sleep Trump 27/4 and always coming up with these thread on how great he is. That just don't seem normal.
Yeah, it does seem a little "too obsessed", doesn't it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 10:56 PM
 
3,746 posts, read 1,809,421 times
Reputation: 3763
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I will give you the benefit of the doubt, based on your listed accomplishments, that you really don't support Trump because of some immature, emotional, irrational argument that he 'puts it to people' who make sweeping general insults to all Trump voters.

But I will point out --that kind of comment puts you in the same category as those Trump critics that make those generalizations.

Trump is as corrupt a business man as you can find and under elite -- he's it.

He's a man who has known nothing but living in NYC and having money.

It seems some folks have this fairy tale image that Trump is some kind of self made business man who hob knobs with the blue collar workers and gets them.

That couldn't be further from who he is or wants to be. He doesn't care about anybody but himself.

He was pro-choice late into his 60's and only decided to be anti-abortion when it was time to choose a party to run for. That's the most immoral kind of corrupt politician there is.

But somehow he has convinced -- even the most intelligent person -- of this mythical connection with the every day person -- and that he is going to protect the simple people from the big bad corporations.

Corruption of the left....he puts in Devos as Education Secretary for payback her family gave him donations.

Seriously -- I get if you support tariffs and always have.
I get if you think a wall is an efficient way to control the border.
I get it if you think that corporations should not have to deal with regulations on pollution.

But Trump doesn't care about anybody but himself. Let's not pretend he has the knowledge, or skills to deal with the complexities of immmigration, health care, international trade and diplomacy.

He reduces everything to a one factor issue.
You think everyone who isn't you is completely fooled by Trump.

Why? I'll answer. It's because it's easier for you to believe that than believe the alternative; they knew and accepted ALL of that and STILL chose him over your side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 10:58 PM
 
23,174 posts, read 12,321,513 times
Reputation: 7337
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
You can't see the difference.
There isn't a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 11:05 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,301 posts, read 2,328,555 times
Reputation: 4471
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I will give you the benefit of the doubt, based on your listed accomplishments, that you really don't support Trump because of some immature, emotional, irrational argument that he 'puts it to people' who make sweeping general insults to all Trump voters.

But I will point out --that kind of comment puts you in the same category as those Trump critics that make those generalizations.

Trump is as corrupt a business man as you can find and under elite -- he's it.

He's a man who has known nothing but living in NYC and having money.

It seems some folks have this fairy tale image that Trump is some kind of self made business man who hob knobs with the blue collar workers and gets them.

That couldn't be further from who he is or wants to be. He doesn't care about anybody but himself.

He was pro-choice late into his 60's and only decided to be anti-abortion when it was time to choose a party to run for. That's the most immoral kind of corrupt politician there is.

But somehow he has convinced -- even the most intelligent person -- of this mythical connection with the every day person -- and that he is going to protect the simple people from the big bad corporations.

Corruption of the left....he puts in Devos as Education Secretary for payback her family gave him donations.

Seriously -- I get if you support tariffs and always have.
I get if you think a wall is an efficient way to control the border.
I get it if you think that corporations should not have to deal with regulations on pollution.

But Trump doesn't care about anybody but himself. Let's not pretend he has the knowledge, or skills to deal with the complexities of immmigration, health care, international trade and diplomacy.

He reduces everything to a one factor issue.



You can look at it as, Trump was the Dean of Trump University. That explains just about all of his views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top